Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,122
» Latest member: Markelov69
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,934
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,350
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,611
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,750
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,358
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,388
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,250
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,291
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 545

Scarlett Focusrite 8i6 (1st gen) Sound card
Posted by: shyamgorasia - 04-02-2020, 12:16 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

Hello. This is my setup below:

1) Scarlett Focusrite 8i6 (1st gen) sound card connected to laptop via USB
2) My Keyboard connected to the sound card via Line Input 3
3) My speaker connected to the sound card via Line output 3
4) Drivers installed with ASIO included
5) Scarlett MixControl software routed.

However when I play the keyboard, it seems to be an echoey sound and not very clear.

When I launch Jamkazam and try to set up audio gear, and select the correct input and outputs, it keeps defaulting the buffer on ASIO settings back *140* whenever I do this.

Please advise.

Thanks
Shyam

Audio drops out
Posted by: xtremedays - 04-02-2020, 07:43 AM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (4)

Hi all

Having no problems connecting into the same room as my brother (who is in his own place not too far from me), but the audio is doing something weird! 

So once connected, I will be able to hear him for 8 seconds, then packet loss goes to 100% and it drops out. He can still hear me during this time. After another 8 seconds, his audio cuts back in and we're good for another 8 seconds. Like clock work. It doesn't matter who hosts the sessions. We have tried with the same ports, and opening these on both routers. No difference. We are both using Mac (he's on an older but very powerful Mavericks - internet speed is 153Mbs down, 433Mbs up) Im using WIFI as no ethernet port. but still have 95Mb down, 20mb up. network tests say I can host 4 audio and 4 video.....

At this stage I have no way of testing with ethernet at my end, but would that be the problem or is it at my brothers end?

he has notice the session at his end will sometimes drop and reconnect as well...

Thoughts?
TIA

Minimum System Requirements
Posted by: Jamkazam - 04-02-2020, 03:46 AM - Forum: JamKazam Help Articles - No Replies

Mac OSX 

• Mac OS X 10.8 or higher, 64-bit
  • Dual-core processor or higher
  • 75MB hard disk space for app
  • External audio interface recommended (but you can start with built-in mic and & headphone jack)
  • USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, or Firewire (not USB 1.1) for external audio interfaces
  • Ethernet port for real-time online sessions (WiFi not recommended)
  • Broadband Internet service with 1Mbps uplink bandwidth for real-time online sessions
Windows
  • Windows 7, 8 or 10, 64-bit (32-bit not supported)
  • Dual core processor or higher
  • 75MB hard disk space for app
  • External audio interface recommended (but you can start with built-in mic and & headphone jack)
  • USB 2.0, USB 3.0, Thunderbolt, or Firewire (not USB 1.1) for external audio interfaces
  • Ethernet port for real-time online sessions (WiFi not recommended)
  • Broadband Internet service with 1Mbps uplink bandwidth for real-time online sessions

Can't See Other's Video
Posted by: Bob K - 04-02-2020, 02:05 AM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (1)

Everything audio is working fine.  When I bring up the video window I can see myself and not others.  Same is for everyone else in the session, they just see themselves.  We are all using Win 10 PC.

Thanks for your help!!!!
Bob K

MainStage and JamKazam
Posted by: alexkeyboards - 04-01-2020, 10:49 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (4)

I was struggling to use JamKazam and MainStage together on the same Mac. 

Then Peter Walker suggested I try SoundFlower. I found it a rogueamoeba.com. It seems to have been discontinued, but there was a link to download the installer, which I did. 

It wasn’t enough. I also had to download and install SoundSource from the same site. This allowed me to create an output from MainStage to SoundFlower and use it as input for JamKazam. I then redirected JamKazam output to my audio interface With SoundSource and, voila! It worked!

SoundFlower is free but SoundSource costs $29 (US).

Jamkazam app wont start in windows
Posted by: Freddy G - 04-01-2020, 10:10 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (5)

Hi!

New user here. I have a windows 7 machine (64 bit) with pro DAW and hardware interface. My problem is the app won't launch. Any ideas?

Thx
Freddy

Network setup
Posted by: Terri 716 - 04-01-2020, 09:50 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (16)

Hi,

Apologies for this very basic question. I'm running MacBook Pro. I connected ethernet cable with IP address and its showing connected. But when I try to start Jamkazam, it has trouble loading. Should I turn off wifi? At the moment both wifi and ethernet are showing connected. Blush

Many thanks 

Buffer size of UMC202HD automatically switched to 8 samples
Posted by: behri.stein - 04-01-2020, 09:46 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (19)

Currently, I am using a Behringer UMC202HD under Windows 10 as audio gear. In the audio gear setup, I choose the UMC ASIO Driver, go to the ASIO settings, choose a buffer size of 64 samples but whenever I push the Resync-button, the buffer size switches back to 8 samples (resulting in a pretty good latency but a very poor sound quality). I am not able to switch to anything else than 8 samples since Jamkazam always switches back. Can anyone help?

Zoom G5 causes Jamkazam-crash
Posted by: frobi - 04-01-2020, 09:00 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use a Zoom G5 guitar effect board as an audio interface with Jamkazam. I'm running Win 10, hard wired to internet, latest ASIO-drivers are installed. When clicking on "add new gear" in audio profiles, I select the ZOOM G5 as the audio input/output device - and Jamkazam crashes... 
Any ideas..? Need help  [Image: huh.png]

Zoom G5 causes Jamkazam-crash
Posted by: frobi - 04-01-2020, 08:59 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

Hey guys,

I'm trying to use a Zoom G5 guitar effect board as an audio interface with Jamkazam. I'm running Win 10, hard wired to internet, latest ASIO-drivers are installed. When clicking on "add new gear" in audio profiles, I select the ZOOM G5 as the audio input/output device - and Jamkazam crashes... 
Any ideas..? Need help  Huh