Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,129
» Latest member: geoff
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,781

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
List of Audio Interfaces
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: stenio
Yesterday, 05:44 AM
» Replies: 208
» Views: 502,816
Studio One output to Jamk...
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 315
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 537
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,449
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 23,348
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,789
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,184
Band connect with one rem...
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,777
Silver plan time issue
Forum: Miscellaneous
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,783
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,934

Strange audio when talking and playing
Posted by: mgrant - 04-01-2020, 08:37 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (1)

My friend and I managed to get a session working last night for the first time.  We noticed some things and I wanted to post them here for discussion.

When talking to one another, the audio starts to get odd.  My friend slowly starts to sound like he's someone else with a different accent.  That's the best way I can describe it.  It seriously started to sound like he had a Finish accent!  Then, one of us pressed the Resync button and he is back to normal for a few seconds and then it slowly elongates again.  Is this some technique used to compensate for the latency?  Can someone please explain to me what's going on?

Does it auto-sync at some point or are we forced always to press the resync button from time to time?  It seems like if there's some silence, this might be a good time to automatically resync.

When playing, we tried playing on the metronome.  I admit I'm not used to playing with a metronome but we are in the habit of playing with someone on a drum, but what both of us noticed was that we kept getting out of sync with the metronome.  We chock this up to lack of practice.  But when we didn't have the metronome in the background, we still kept slowing down.  Something he and I don't do when we're in person!  Again, are we getting tripped up by the latency compensation?

At a geek level, can someone explain to me what goes on at the network level?  Is JamKazam trying to set up a p2p connection l like the old Skype used to do?  Or is everything run through some server?  There seem to be lots of connections to different IP addresses, is there some server that is close to me and that's what it tries to use?

Posted by: Griz Ruiz - 04-01-2020, 08:10 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (8)

I downloaded app and configured my audio interface but when I selected upload to add an avatar I received an app limit error.
Does anyone have the solution to my issue?

Free Plugins
Posted by: leemurray - 04-01-2020, 07:30 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins - Replies (10)

I just tested out the Voxengo plugins, and they work great with JamKazam.  Tested the Boogex amp sim, and OldSkoolVerb. They really help to get rid of the dry/direct feel. 

Make sure you are installing the 32 bit version of the plugins, and add the proper path to JK
C:\Program Files (x86)\vstplugins\Voxengo

Didgeridoo
Posted by: mgrant - 04-01-2020, 07:21 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - Replies (1)

Please could you add "Didgeridoo" to the list of instruments.  Thanks.

kernelbase.dll was loaded but entry-point dllregisterserver was not found
Posted by: rikkzazz - 04-01-2020, 06:00 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (4)

I've installed the latest Jamkazam client, on my Windows 7 workstation. But when I try to startup, the client dies. I checked the Event log and had this type messages (paraphrased):

kernelbase.dll was loaded but entry-point dllregisterserver was not found.

So, I updated my workstation to Windows 10 but it still hangs on c:\Windows\system32\kernelbase.dll.

How do I go about fixing this?

Richard

Problems with Windows Client in Germany
Posted by: david.stahl86@gmx.de - 04-01-2020, 05:00 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (4)

Hi,

me and my band are trying to get jamkazam working. We are all living in Germany (near Frankfurt).

I am getting multiple Errors / Messages.
My Setup is:
- Desktop PC
- Windows 10
- LAN Cable
- Focusrite Scarlett 6i6 2nd Gen

(1)
After starting the Windows client i get the message depicted in the screenshot in attachment 1.
It seems i could solve this myself, see attachment 2.

(2)
Next error is seen in attachment 3.
I configured port forwarding for Ports 12000 - 12010 in my router. But this did not seem to help.

(3)
After that i get the message in attachment 4.
When running the network test, i get the warning (2) again.

(4)
And another error: see attachment 5.

I am using a LAN cable ...

Any help is appreciated :-)

Playing music with my band over the internet would be fantastic!

Thanks,

David

I made a network test:     

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

March Update and Catalina 10.15.4
Posted by: corbyfine - 04-01-2020, 04:58 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (2)

I downloaded the new version of the app and it will NOT load!

Getting this error: 

“JamKazam” cannot be opened because the developer cannot be verified.

macOS cannot verify that this app is free from malware

Please help - jam session tonight!!!!

No session audio inputs on Focusrite Scarlett 2i1
Posted by: Jeroen Heijne - 04-01-2020, 04:34 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

I can't get my Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 properly installed. The app will install my soundcard, run tests properly (green light on latency), but wont let me add session audio in- and outputs. Any idea how to fix this?

Windows is all up-to-date, newest drivers on the Focusrite Scarlett as well. Nothing else like firewall or virusscan troubles.

Can import VST plugins but can't hear them
Posted by: cattlegrid_79 - 04-01-2020, 04:31 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins - Replies (5)

Hi all

I have had no trouble getting my audio hardware up and running and can create sessions no problem. I have audio signal coming through. However, when I add a VST plug in, I'm not hearing it. It adds to the track fine, but makes no difference to the sound.

I've attached a screenshot here: https://imgur.com/a/74wYm5w

Any ideas?

Thanks

Using Dual Cameras
Posted by: jamjam - 04-01-2020, 03:50 PM - Forum: Multiple Cameras - Replies (2)

Sometimes in giving a lesson, you need to show your fingers (eg playing piano) and your face. JamKazam has a beta mode for that!
When the video opens from the menu you will see the option to open a second camera - if available. You can keep both cameras open or just fast switch between them. You can also flip the camera image, which is necessary for correct view when looking down. Experiment with it and posts your findings here!