JamKazam Forums
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Audio Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen (/showthread.php?tid=130)

Pages: 1 2

Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - Anton_G. - 04-02-2020

Hello,

I am trying to get a Focusrite Scarlett Solo (3rd Gen) working on Windows 10.

JamKazam software is recognizing the device and I chose ASIO but I can't get Latency (80.91) and I/O Rate out of the red.

It's one of the best selling devices, so I was hoping that somebody here can help me to get it up and running.

I am not using WiFi but a cable with a USB-to-Ethernet adapter (86Mbps down, 37Mbps up).

Thank you!

Anton

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - lucabat - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 07:18 PM)Anton_G. Wrote: Hello,

JamKazam software is recognizing the device and I chose ASIO but I can't get Latency (80.91) and I/O Rate out of the red.

It's one of the best selling devices, so I was hoping that somebody here can help me to get it up and running.

I am not using WiFi but a cable with a USB-to-Ethernet adapter (86Mbps down, 37Mbps up).

Thank you!

Anton

Hi Anton, trying to go on the setup of the Focursite Scarlett and set the bitrate to 96Kbps and the buffer as small as possible (or smaller than the usually 128bit).

With this configuration Jamkazam test should be about 10/12 ms of latency! Wink

Ciao
Lucabat

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - Anton_G. - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 10:25 PM)lucabat Wrote:

Thank you!

Anton

Hi Anton, trying to go on the setup of the Focursite Scarlett and set the bitrate to 96Kbps and the buffer as small as possible (or smaller than the usually 128bit).

Ciao
Lucabat

Yeah!

It's working!

Thank you so much!

Anton

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - lucabat - 04-02-2020

(04-02-2020, 11:15 PM)Anton_G. Wrote:
(04-02-2020, 10:25 PM)lucabat Wrote:

Thank you!

Anton

Ciao
Lucabat

Yeah!

It's working!

Thank you so much!

Anton
Great! Happy to be helpful!!!  Wink

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - AradoJam - 04-13-2020

Hello,

I appreciated the rich nuggets of information contained in this thread. In my attempts to implement on my Focusrite Solo V3, I am getting BSOD hard stops anytime I touch ASIO Settings to change the Focusrite. The status of Locked and *440* seems to be a feature that is insurmountable. Has anyone on this thread experience with the same state of ASIO settings of the Focusrite?

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - billyshears66 - 04-18-2020

(04-13-2020, 11:15 AM)AradoJam Wrote: Hello,

I appreciated the rich nuggets of information contained in this thread. In my attempts to implement on my Focusrite Solo V3, I am getting BSOD hard stops anytime I touch ASIO Settings to change the Focusrite. The status of Locked and *440* seems to be a feature that is insurmountable. Has anyone on this thread experience with the same state of ASIO settings of the Focusrite?
I too am having this issue. I set the buffer size while setting up audio and it defaults back to 440. Any one have any thoughts?

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - nfraser52@gmail.com - 05-16-2020

(04-18-2020, 05:58 PM)billyshears66 Wrote:
(04-13-2020, 11:15 AM)AradoJam Wrote: Hello,

I too am having this issue. I set the buffer size while setting up audio and it defaults back to 440. Any one have any thoughts?
HI I have no problems out of the box with windows 10 , with 2.5 MS frame size I have zero audio latency.
Open a session and use audio booster to adjust setting ,

Clicking in ASIO settings in add new gear seems to have little effect only things you can change are sample rate and buffer
I have set at 48000 and *120*
Driver version is 4.63.24 firmware 1605

Start a session and then click manage in top lh corner of screen , audio settings/ audio booster 

Set audio frame size to 2.5MS

I have bitrate at 512 though it seems to have little effect on latency.

For windows 10 this gives zero latancy
For Mac best I can get is 8.7MS which is worse than the internal mic

Hope this helps .
ps If you want me to demo send friend request and we can try some things
neil fraser Caledon ( well georgetown actually but is was not available)

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - Anton_G. - 05-16-2020

Hello,

I started this thread. I fixed it by reaching out to the Focusrite team by chat. They provided me with an unreleased version of the Windows 10 driver which fixed all of my problems. They told me that they would e-mail me the link to that driver but they never did - so I can't share it.

Anton

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - Steen - 06-24-2020

(05-16-2020, 04:34 PM)Anton_G. Wrote: Hello,

I started this thread. I fixed it by reaching out to the Focusrite team by chat. They provided me with an unreleased version of the Windows 10 driver which fixed all of my problems. They told me that they would e-mail me the link to that driver but they never did - so I can't share it.

Anton

Hi Anton,

what is the version number of the driver they sent you?
since i have the same problem with firmware: 1195 Driver: 4.65.5

RE: Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd Gen - Carol - 06-29-2020

(06-24-2020, 05:19 PM)Steen Wrote:
(05-16-2020, 04:34 PM)Anton_G. Wrote: Hello,

Anton

Hi Anton,

what is the version number of the driver they sent you?
since i have the same problem with firmware: 1195 Driver: 4.65.5

Focusrite just told me that the beta driver that fixed this problem on the Scarlett Solo has been released.

They suggested updating Focusrite Control. I did that, and when I started the updated version (3.6.0.1822), it triggered a firmware update (to version 1605) and now everything is working. I have 11 ms latency with the suggested settings of sample rate 96 kHz and buffer size 16.