JamKazam Forums
No more unassigned input ports - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Audio Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: No more unassigned input ports (/showthread.php?tid=145)

Pages: 1 2

No more unassigned input ports - Scott_Graham - 04-03-2020

Hi guys - newbie here.

I have a iRig HD 2 interface.  I had it working using it's driver installed when I plugged it into my Windows 10 PC (but a lot of latency - 20 mSec).  As a result, I installed ASIO4ALL, and found that I no longer had any available input ports when I tried to "Configure Tracks".  I decided to go *back* to my original driver, and found that I'm in the same boat.  I've uninstalled JamKazam, the ASIO4ALL driver, and yet, the situation persists.  (I also noticed despite uninstalling JamKazam, I didn't need to re-login, so I'm not sure whether everything really got properly uninstalled).

I've included screen shots of my Audio Gear page - note that there is only a single mono input, Configure Tracks page, and the resultant error message that occurs if I click on "Add Tracks".

It seems somehow JamKazam thinks I have tracks assigned that I don't?

Any advice?

Thanks,

Scott

RE: No more unassigned input ports - kkriner@gmail.com - 04-04-2020

(04-03-2020, 12:11 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote: Hi guys - newbie here.

I have a iRig HD 2 interface.  I had it working using it's driver installed when I plugged it into my Windows 10 PC (but a lot of latency - 20 mSec).  As a result, I installed ASIO4ALL, and found that I no longer had any available input ports when I tried to "Configure Tracks".  I decided to go *back* to my original driver, and found that I'm in the same boat.  I've uninstalled JamKazam, the ASIO4ALL driver, and yet, the situation persists.  (I also noticed despite uninstalling JamKazam, I didn't need to re-login, so I'm not sure whether everything really got properly uninstalled).

I've included screen shots of my Audio Gear page - note that there is only a single mono input, Configure Tracks page, and the resultant error message that occurs if I click on "Add Tracks".

Any advice?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi, Scott! I have also tried an iRig HD 2, and had latency results similar to yours (as well as a sort of audio "whine", which made it difficult to use). I think this device only has 1 input (guitar/bass/line), so perhaps if there's only 1 input, it's defaulted/assigned in JamKazam. Are you able to remove that audio track and add another one?

RE: No more unassigned input ports - Scott_Graham - 04-05-2020

(04-04-2020, 09:48 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:

Any advice?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi, Scott! I have also tried an iRig HD 2, and had latency results similar to yours (as well as a sort of audio "whine", which made it difficult to use). I think this device only has 1 input (guitar/bass/line), so perhaps if there's only 1 input, it's defaulted/assigned in JamKazam. Are you able to remove that audio track and add another one?

Hi, thanks for your response.  

Yes, there is only a single input on the iRig HD 2.  It was working fine (with the exception of marginal internal latency - can't get it much below 20 mSec) until I tried to "improve" things by switching from the default driver to ASIO4ALL.  My problem *was* that NO audio tracks showed up to configure.  However, as of today, I made a *little* progress.  I understand there was an update to JazKazam.  I'm not honestly sure if I received it yet or not, so, I'm not sure if the change I've seen is related to the update, or what I did, which was to reset the audio configuration.  I tried this purely on a whim when I discovered it under the "Manage" menu (top left of the Jamkazam client window).  It's under Audio Settings->Configuration.  After doing this, and going through the adding of the audio gear, I actually had an audio track to add (progress!).  Unfortunately, after clicking on "Update" and selecting my instrument (double bass), the page doesn't seem to have any kind of "Save" associated with it.  Just a "Close" button.  After clicking on "Close", unfortunately, the one audio track didn't update with the instrument information.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to control the order of the screenshots, but I have shots of the Audio Gear Setup Page where I added the iRig HD 2 today, the Configure Tracks before and after adding my instrument (this was progress over my initial post with NO available audio tracks), but you'll notice they look the same, because the instrument didn't seem to be saved, and the update tracks after instrument selection (which appears the same as prior to clicking on "Update").

Thanks for reading this.  Any advice is appreciated.

Scott

RE: No more unassigned input ports - Scott_Graham - 04-05-2020

(04-05-2020, 02:24 AM)Scott_Graham Wrote:
(04-04-2020, 09:48 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:

Any advice?

Thanks,

Scott

Hi, thanks for your response.  

Yes, there is only a single input on the iRig HD 2.  It was working fine (with the exception of marginal internal latency - can't get it much below 20 mSec) until I tried to "improve" things by switching from the default driver to ASIO4ALL.  My problem *was* that NO audio tracks showed up to configure.  However, as of today, I made a *little* progress.  I understand there was an update to JazKazam.  I'm not honestly sure if I received it yet or not, so, I'm not sure if the change I've seen is related to the update, or what I did, which was to reset the audio configuration.  I tried this purely on a whim when I discovered it under the "Manage" menu (top left of the Jamkazam client window).  It's under Audio Settings->Configuration.  After doing this, and going through the adding of the audio gear, I actually had an audio track to add (progress!).  Unfortunately, after clicking on "Update" and selecting my instrument (double bass), the page doesn't seem to have any kind of "Save" associated with it.  Just a "Close" button.  After clicking on "Close", unfortunately, the one audio track didn't update with the instrument information.

Unfortunately, I don't know how to control the order of the screenshots, but I have shots of the Audio Gear Setup Page where I added the iRig HD 2 today, the Configure Tracks before and after adding my instrument (this was progress over my initial post with NO available audio tracks), but you'll notice they look the same, because the instrument didn't seem to be saved, and the update tracks after instrument selection (which appears the same as prior to clicking on "Update").

Thanks for reading this.  Any advice is appreciated.

Scott

Problem Solved!

The issue appears to be a bug associated with the "Upright Bass" instrument selection from the Instrument drop down box.  A friend of mine confirmed this using a Mac version of Jamkazam as well (I'm using Windows).  Perhaps there are issues with other instrument selections in the selection drop down box?  Is there a way to make a bug report to anyone?

By the way, my workaround was to select "Electric Bass" as the instrument (that's the instrument I had originally selected when things were working - it just never dawned on me that that could be the problem, but there's another JamKazam using on here that is also a double bass player, and he is having a similar problem).

RE: No more unassigned input ports - backinterrapin - 04-23-2020

Hi all,

Also newbie. On Mac, macOS 10.14.6. Just updated Jamkazam when i started up today -- Build 1.20 - "1.0.3657". 

I have an iMic input for my bass. I have a headset with mic for listening and singing.

I start by adding the "external mic" as input and use the "external headphones" for output. Click next. Then click the "ADD AUDIO TRACK" to add the iMic input for my bass, and get the same message over and over "You have no more unassigned input ports". 

I've tried changing the external mic input to Voice, a bunch of things, no dice. Can NOT get another audio input live track added to the audio profile. 

I've tried the suggestion to "Reset Audio Configuration" and no luck.

This seems like a bug that can't get around. So i can either setup for singing, or i can setup for playing bass. 

Dear Jamkazam... you have any ideas what is going on here?

Peace,
Dan

RE: No more unassigned input ports - AradoJam - 04-23-2020

Hello,

As I reviewed the available ports, I see 1 input and 3 outputs. Of the outputs, one goes to Windows. With my gear, I could only assign input ports to JamKazam inputs. Outputs should be items Windows has to allow you to listen to its media.

I can select the headphone jack of my Focusrite as output. The voice use would have to be another device attached to Windows, e.g. Headset. JamKazam can route output to other Windows ASIO devices. How many devices does JamKazam enumerate?

RE: No more unassigned input ports - Scott_Graham - 04-23-2020

(04-23-2020, 05:56 AM)backinterrapin Wrote: Hi all,

Also newbie. On Mac, macOS 10.14.6. Just updated Jamkazam when i started up today -- Build 1.20 - "1.0.3657". 

I have an iMic input for my bass. I have a headset with mic for listening and singing.

I start by adding the "external mic" as input and use the "external headphones" for output. Click next. Then click the "ADD AUDIO TRACK" to add the iMic input for my bass, and get the same message over and over "You have no more unassigned input ports". 

I've tried changing the external mic input to Voice, a bunch of things, no dice. Can NOT get another audio input live track added to the audio profile. 

This seems like a bug that can't get around. So i can either setup for singing, or i can setup for playing bass. 

Peace,
Dan
Are you selecting "Upright Bass" as the name of your instrument?  If yes, CHANGE to electric bass.  It's just a label to let people know what you're playing,  but it has caused this problem for several of us, all of whom selected "Upright Bass" as our instrument. 

Scott

RE: No more unassigned input ports - backinterrapin - 04-24-2020

(04-23-2020, 11:40 PM)Scott_Graham Wrote:

Peace,
Dan
Are you selecting "Upright Bass" as the name of your instrument?  If yes, CHANGE to electric bass.  It's just a label to let people know what you're playing,  but it has caused this problem for several of us, all of whom selected "Upright Bass" as our instrument. 

Scott
Thanks Scott! I tried about 10 instruments to see if that would make a difference. I never tried "Upright Bass". Always "Electric Bass" as that is what i play.

Peace,
Dan

RE: No more unassigned input ports - Scott_Graham - 04-25-2020

(04-24-2020, 10:05 PM)backinterrapin Wrote:
(04-23-2020, 11:40 PM)Scott_Graham Wrote:

Peace,
Dan

Scott
Thanks Scott! I tried about 10 instruments to see if that would make a difference. I never tried "Upright Bass". Always "Electric Bass" as that is what i play.

Peace,
Dan

Good.  That part will work fine then.  I was hoping you were having the same problem as a couple of others had CAUSED by selecting "Upright Bass". I play that, but had to select "Electric Bass" (or whatever the name they use for an electric bass) to resolve my issue.

RE: No more unassigned input ports - Yarnall - 05-06-2020

Hi Scott, et al. -

Whoa, your solutions work! THANK YOU from yet another frustrated acoustic bass player!
(What is the prejudice against us DB players?!)

My setup is:
  • 2015 MacBook Pro running OSX Catalina 10.15.4
  • A Focusrite Scarlett 8i6 (3rd gen.)
  • Acoustic bass with a Full Circle pickup (1/4" patch cord into input 1 of the Focusrite) and a DPA clip on mic (XLR cord into input 2 of the Focusrite).
These TWO solutions (necessarily BOTH used in tandem, in this order) worked for me, too:

1. Totally reset the Audio Configuration. Under the "Manage" menu (top left of the Jamkazam client window), choose Audio Settings->Configuration–>Reset Audio Configuration. Say YES to do this. Jamkazam then quits, and I have to manually relaunch.  After doing this, and going through the adding of the audio gear, I too then actually had an audio track to add (progress!). 
  2. Add Instruments! I can now add an instrument (more progress!). I make sure to NOT select "Acoustic Bass" as my instrument for Audio Track 1. Instead I select "Electric Bass." This works! I use that track for the 1/4" instrument in from my Full Circle pickup. I can then add yet another track (incomprehensible progress!), for which I then select "Cello" as my instrument as this corresponds to the input from my acoustic DPA mic.
For now I have only gone this far. I now look forward to learning how to work further in Jamkazam!