Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,122
» Latest member: Markelov69
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 267
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,927
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,313
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,609
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,737
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,348
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,377
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,238
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,274
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 545

cant change buffer = it always says *448*. if i select say 48 it just goes back to th
Posted by: johnk@byd.cc - 04-04-2020, 01:43 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

cant change buffer = it always says *448*. if i select say 48 it just goes back to it

Delete Recordings
Posted by: 415drums@gmail.com - 04-04-2020, 01:35 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (17)

I can go into the File Manager, but I am unable to delete my recordings.   After clicking the "delete" link for any recording, I get a pop-up that says I need to login.   But I am already logged in?   Hmm.... Huh

LATENCY, mostly TOTAL LATENCY
Posted by: Hans Peter Augustesen - 04-04-2020, 01:29 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (49)

TOTAL LATENCY, about

We begin with some serious fun - for people hit by latency
LATENCY demonstration in SESSION - by distinct clapping, tapping on microphone or whatever. 60-70 bpm:

1. One person start - and keep on, steady.
After some seconds all other try to follow excactly. One by one, maybe. Whatever.
2. One person start ...
Only one other person follow ...
-
JamKazam terms:

20 milliseconds and below is called GOOD and the dot is GREEN
Between 20  and 35 is called FAIR and the dot is YELLOW
Between 35 and 50 is called POOR and the dot is RED
50 and over is called UNACCEPTABLE and the dot is RED
-
10 milliseconds TOTAL LATENCY between (two) people is like playing 3,5 meters apart from each other. Very few people can hear/notice such low latency as 10 ms.
20 milliseconds is like 7 meter apart. All average human beings can hear/notice 20 milliseconds delay - under best condition.
50 milliseconds is like 17,5 meter apart.
100 milliseconds is like 35 meter apart.
-
Playing together in "real" real time is impossible

There will always be some latency, delay - from audio interface and from the internet connection.
Audio interface latency can be as low as 2 milliseconds - depending on quality and so.
Internet latency can be as low as 3 milliseconds, depending on quality - and distance between people, quantity, so to speak.
--- VERY important is the so called PING - the "answer time" from PC to internet provider and back,
I have 13 ms PING, for example. It can be so low as 2 ms.

Example: 2 x audio interface = 4 milliseconds.
1 x internet connection = 3 milliseconds
TOTAL LATENCY = 7 milliseconds
-
The best connection I have is from one of my computers to another of my computers on the same router/LAN. Two accounts is needed for that, of course. The TOTAL LATENCY is around 10 milliseconds.

My second best connection is with a person 100 kilometers away. The TOTAL LATENCY is 18 milliseconds.

To people in Australia (I am in Denmark) the TOTAL LATENCY is 200-300 milliseconds - that is only for very, very, very slowly and loose singing.

To USAs eastcoast it is usually 75-80.

To Californien 110-130

Thailand around 150.

My relatively best connection is with one 2.000 kilometer away in Norway. The TOTAL LATENCY is about 27 milliseconds.

Latency in my audio interface is by the way 4.2 milliseconds.
-
Having the same internetprovider gives usually lower internet latency.
Maybe 5 milliseconds in most cases.
Maybe 20 in some cases.

What is the usual internet latency between for example?

1. Portland, New Hampsh i re and New York
2. Kansas City and Denver
3. Seattle and Chicago
4. San Antonio and Panama City
4. Dallas and Los Angeles
6. Jacksonville and Miami
7. New York to Kansas = 32 ms - as one example. audio gear included

Other examples is very welcome
- from all over the world
Not audio interface latency included, please
- only internet latency

No Input Signal to Jamkazam application
Posted by: jamesrbrown999 - 04-04-2020, 12:02 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Unable to get any audio signal to show on channel 1 or 2 on the JamKazam (JK) app...

Using a MacBook Pro (Mojave 10.14.6)...

Connected a M-Audio (m-track), the JK inputs/outputs show as a M-Audio, latency reads 10.2ms (yellow), can hear output audio (jamtracks) no problem....but no visual reading on the JK app seeing any audio on ch 1 or 2 (I can see input audio to the M-Audio, but it is not being sent to the JK app).

Also tried connecting Presonus Studiolive 24.4.2 (via firewire), the JK input/output configuration shows the Presonus Firestudio, latency reads 9.8ms (green), same as M-Audio... cannot see the audio input from the Studiolive.

Appreciate any advise...THX Jim.

program takes ages to load then crashes
Posted by: bpshannon848@gmail.com - 04-03-2020, 11:34 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

I cannot get the app to load on my Macbook (running OS ElCapitan 10.11.6). The app takes about 40m to laod then crashes. I have deleted the program 5 times and repeated the download for the jamKazam download site, but I have had the same problem. twice it got to the interface stage with the program running (sort of) but then it crashed.

program takes ages to load then crashes
Posted by: bpshannon848@gmail.com - 04-03-2020, 11:19 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

I cannot get the app to load on my Macbook (running OS ElCapitan 10.11.6). The app takes about 40m to laod then crashes. I have deleted the program 5 times and repeated the download for the jamKazam download site, but I have had the same problem. twice it got to the interface stage with the program running (sort of) but then it crashed.

Independent mapping, independent filter...
Posted by: srs108 - 04-03-2020, 08:59 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (23)

Hi All,

I'm a Mac user and I'm getting this Network error message:

"Independent mapping, independent filter, random port, hairpin"

Anyone else getting this message? Anyone know how to fix my router configuration?

Over and Out,
Gandharva

Sound Devices Premix 6 work as an interface?
Posted by: blake@csifilms.com - 04-03-2020, 08:03 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Will sound devices Premix 6 work as an interface

Video is not recording
Posted by: bezel - 04-03-2020, 06:41 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (2)

Hi,

we did some Tests and recorded today our Audio. We had to record Video with our Phones to have it.

Because (both mac Catalina and April Update of jk client) the Video does not record. The record stops after some seconds. Access to te Cam is allowed in the security settings of MacOS.

Is ist a bug or a feature? Any advice on this?

Björn

30 minutes to load app
Posted by: mcdon056@umn.edu - 04-03-2020, 05:06 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (6)

Peter from Jamkazam referred my problem to the forum. I am new to Jamkazam and the forum. Any first opening of the app creates the 30 minute delay after powering my Samsung tablet with Windows 10. It stalls on Windows Installer: Preparing to install. After 30 minutes, I get Windows Installer: Install server not responding. The options are retry or cancel. Retry starts another 30 minute hold. Canceling allows the app to open. Once the app opens, using ethernet cord with wifi disabled, closing and subsequent opening of the app works without delay. Enabling wifi at any point creates a 30 minute delay in opening again. I tried a clean boot with no effect. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Larry