• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Problems with latest Release (2.0.0.1850)
A week ago I received an automatic update to Build 2.0 - 2.0.0.1850, which I am running on a Windows 10 system.  We have had several cases where the application appears to hang, and further investigation determined that the (now unresponsive) app is utilizing 30% of the CPU.  Killing the task and restarting it clears the problem temporarily.  Is anyone else encountering this problem?
No, but I had different problems, like my default audio settings all being erased. After another update all seemed fine again.
Today however, another problem popped up:
I can get into the video 'room', but can't turn on the camera anymore, whereas yesterday this worked OK.

Anyone?
I must say, audio quality was outstanding though.
But jamming 'in the blind' is not what I wanted and subscribed for.
My band have been using JK for 5 years and our problem with the new release concerns the audio tracks. Previously each instrument/vocal was recorded in a separate track and, after the session was closed, the File Manager would copy all the tracks to all the participants.

With the new release, the File Manager no longer seems to be working--although it looks as though it is trying to transfer tracks and repeatedly failing. I raised this with the support people and they explained that when you stop recording you instantly get your own individual instrument tracks plus aggregated tracks--one per participant--but you no longer get the individual audio tracks delivered to your session folder.

We have always done mixes of our songs by importing the individual tracks into a DAW and mixing them off-line. The aggregated tracks don't work nearly so well for this purpose--for example, one bandmate sings, plays accordion and plays synth bass (controlled from the accordion). In the DAW, these three tracks can be mixed separately and given, for example, different EQ for the three different types of audio. The aggregated track with the three things pre-mixed never sounds so good.

Because of this problem with the new client we will have to sort out a separate third party file sharing system so that we can share the individual instrument/vocal tracks. So, overall, the new client has so far got a thumbs down from us.
Another update has been applied and the one session we've had since then was much more successful. Time will tell whether this really was a one time problem with a JK update.