Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,124
» Latest member: guitaristlive
» Forum threads: 1,588
» Forum posts: 7,784

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Studio One output to Jamk...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
Yesterday, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 46
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 345
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,029
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,951
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,662
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,860
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,456
Silver plan time issue
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,488
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,416
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,514

30 minutes to load app
Posted by: mcdon056@umn.edu - 04-03-2020, 05:06 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (6)

Peter from Jamkazam referred my problem to the forum. I am new to Jamkazam and the forum. Any first opening of the app creates the 30 minute delay after powering my Samsung tablet with Windows 10. It stalls on Windows Installer: Preparing to install. After 30 minutes, I get Windows Installer: Install server not responding. The options are retry or cancel. Retry starts another 30 minute hold. Canceling allows the app to open. Once the app opens, using ethernet cord with wifi disabled, closing and subsequent opening of the app works without delay. Enabling wifi at any point creates a 30 minute delay in opening again. I tried a clean boot with no effect. Let me know what you think. Thanks. Stay safe. 

Larry

Wireless versus wired connection
Posted by: yosh01 - 04-03-2020, 04:51 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (2)

Is there a reason for insisting on a wired connection other than speed?  My wireless speed is 140 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up.  Shouldn't that be fast enough?

Can't create account from website using gmail
Posted by: mgem518@gmail.com - 04-03-2020, 04:30 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (2)

Hello. I am using a gmail here and hoped to use the same address to set up an account, but the website says it's an invalid address. Facebook doesn't work either. Help please! Thank you.

Echo problems
Posted by: davidself1001 - 04-03-2020, 02:59 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (1)

Many users are experiencing echo.  Sometimes only they hear it, other times everyone is affected.  Anyone know what is causing this and how to resolve it?  We have tried re-syncing but that doesn't seem to fix it most of the time.

Mac OS network behavior compared to Windows ... VPN ...
Posted by: sdallosto - 04-03-2020, 02:05 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (5)

hi all,
I'll try to explain what I discovered ... it's quite "network technical" ...

The jamkazam app works differently on a Windows system compared to a Mac OS system

in a Windows system, it listens on ALL network interfaces that are present on the operative system
in a MacOS system, it listens only on one of them

for me this is technical issue ...

I'm trying to simplify the way we can use the app as a band,
and we're connecting to one of my VPN server cause one of my "band-mate" has a ISP connection that is NOT public,
and even opening the ports on the routers would not help ...
(... it's quite common here in italy ... )

so I created a VPN connection for US to the same server ...
user A use a windows system
user B use a windows system
user C (me) use a mac os system
the result:
- A can send and receive audio from B, and receive ONLY audio from C
- B can send and receive audio from A, and receive ONLY audio from C
- C can ONLY send audio, but it can't receive anything

checking the differences between Mac and Windows,
I discovered that on windows, the JamKazam app can "bind" to ALL network interface, opening an listening to the right UDP ports on all of them (just use the "netstat -an" commando on CMD or PowerShell window)
On the Mac side instead, there seems to be NO way to make it listen correctly to the VPN tunnel interface ...
UDP ports are open ONLY on the physical interface, and NOT also on the "virtual tunnel" interface ...

I know it's a quite technical request, but I think there's something to do in the APP on the Mac side ...

more-over, from a "service" perspective, using a VPN can "simplify" for everybody the use the application itself, without the need of opening anything on the "user" side ...
in other works ... jamkazam could think about offering a VPN service to his members to simplify the app usage ...

please let me know what you think

thanks in advace

chheers

Direct Monitor Question
Posted by: ksbhjb - 04-03-2020, 01:09 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Newby here, so please forgive if this is a basic question.  I turn off the direct monitoring on my audio interface as the videos suggest, but when I do, I only get left side output through my headphones.  When I turn the mix nob center or full to playback, normal volume is achieved.  Anything I need to do?  Thank you

Session management
Posted by: Tom Chambers - 04-03-2020, 12:33 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

Two issues:

1. I set up an RSVP only scheduled session, it appears in 'featured sessions' from which I can join it, but sooner or later, it disappears and there's a 'No sessions' message instead.

2. I  can see from my account home that I'm scheduled to play in the session and can view session details from there However,I'm not able to mark the session 'recurring'. I can change the drop down box to 'weekly' but it reverts to 'non-recurring' as soon as I click the 'update' button.

3. I can't find any reference to the session in 'find a session' or 'view feeds'.

Anyone got any ideas?

Help with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface: Setting sample rates?
Posted by: tfabris - 04-03-2020, 05:25 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (12)

Anyone know how to set the sample rates on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4?

I've personally got a Scarlett 18i20, and on both Windows and Mac, I've got either the "Focusrite Control" software or the "ASIO Control Panel" software I can run, which let me configure the sample rates on my interface.

However our violinist has a Scarlett 2i4, a different model, and neither of those pieces of software is available on either her Mac system or her Windows system. Going to the Focusrite web site, and picking the 2i4 interface from their selector, it doesn't even give her the option to download either of those pieces of software. It downloads a new USB driver for Windows, which she installed, but neither of those "control panel" softwares were an option for her.

The reason this is a problem is because, tonight when we tried to do our first JamKazam session, she couldn't even get running. Her Scarlett 2i4 interface is currently set to input 96khz and output 48khz. JamKazam didn't like this mismatched sample rate. JamKazam gave an error message to this effect when she plugged the interface into her Windows box, and JamKazam flatly crashed when she plugged the interface into her Macintosh box. We can't find a way to change these settings because her box doesn't run either the "Focusrite Control" software nor the "Focusrite ASIO Control Panel" software. As a result, we couldn't configure the interface in a way that worked for JamKazam, on either her mac or her windows operating system. So we didn't get a session.

Also, she said that in the "Manage" menu of JamKazam, there is an option to open the ASIO control panel for her interface, and when she selected the option, it gave her an error box.

Anyone know how to set the sample rate on this thing?

PS: I know that she succeeds in using this interface in the past, because she records successfully in Logic Audio on the Mac with this thing (I'm assuming she records at 96khz all the time? Dunno!). But how to set the sample rate if you don't have the ASIO control panel?

(04-03-2020, 05:25 AM)tfabris Wrote: Anyone know how to set the sample rates on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4?

I've personally got a Scarlett 18i20, and on both Windows and Mac, I've got either the "Focusrite Control" software or the "ASIO Control Panel" software I can run, which let me configure the sample rates on my interface.

However our violinist has a Scarlett 2i4, a different model, and neither of those pieces of software is available on either her Mac system or her Windows system. Going to the Focusrite web site, and picking the 2i4 interface from their selector, it doesn't even give her the option to download either of those pieces of software. It downloads a new USB driver for Windows, which she installed, but neither of those "control panel" softwares were an option for her.

The reason this is a problem is because, tonight when we tried to do our first JamKazam session, she couldn't even get running. Her Scarlett 2i4 interface is currently set to input 96khz and output 48khz. JamKazam didn't like this mismatched sample rate. JamKazam gave an error message to this effect when she plugged the interface into her Windows box, and JamKazam flatly crashed when she plugged the interface into her Macintosh box. We can't find a way to change these settings because her box doesn't run either the "Focusrite Control" software nor the "Focusrite ASIO Control Panel" software. As a result, we couldn't configure the interface in a way that worked for JamKazam, on either her mac or her windows operating system. So we didn't get a session.

Also, she said that in the "Manage" menu of JamKazam, there is an option to open the ASIO control panel for her interface, and when she selected the option, it gave her an error box.

Anyone know how to set the sample rate on this thing?

PS: I know that she succeeds in using this interface in the past, because she records successfully in Logic Audio on the Mac with this thing (I'm assuming she records at 96khz all the time? Dunno!). But how to set the sample rate if you don't have the ASIO control panel?

Attempting to load www.jamkazam.com
Posted by: atglabs - 04-03-2020, 02:49 AM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (5)

Hi - trying to set my friend up with JamKazam so I can use my JamBlaster.  Here's his description of the problem:

When I go to JamKazam.com, they welcome me by name. They show all my profile info, but the app will NOT launch on my computer! I just get that same error message again and again ... "Reattempting to load www.jamkazam.com".

His setup:  He has already downloaded and reinstalled JamKazam Mac app ... twice!  He's using a 2015 iMac 2.8 GHz Intel Core i5 running Mojave 10.14.6, hard wired (Cat 5) to the router, with an audio interface Behringer U-Phoria.

Any suggestions?  I'm helping him remotely and he's feeling frustrated. 

Thanks in advance
Jerry Schneider
Vancouver Island, CA

Unable to Login to App
Posted by: quinn47@gmail.com - 04-03-2020, 02:40 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (3)

I am using MacOS -  running Mohave 10.14.6 on a Late 2012 MacBook Pro. I have installed the JK app and appears to run.
I was unable to get past the Captcha bug to create an account.
On the advice of JK Support, I was able to create an account at the website (which is why I can post this message).
However, I am unable to log into the JK app using that account.

So, I have never used JK - I'd like to try it.