Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,130
» Latest member: foofiequaf@gmail.com
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,781

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
List of Audio Interfaces
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: stenio
05-13-2024, 05:44 AM
» Replies: 208
» Views: 505,753
Studio One output to Jamk...
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 352
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 599
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,531
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 23,815
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,836
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,427
Band connect with one rem...
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,887
Silver plan time issue
Forum: Miscellaneous
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,898
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 9,082

Tascam US-1200
Posted by: jonloder - 04-14-2020, 07:58 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

I've done a thorough search of the forum site and can't find any mention of Tascam ASIO devices. The US-1200 has served me well with Logic on Mac, several Cakewalk applications and some other mixing apps. 

Should this be listed on the non-working interface list? or is there a way to get it working? 

I keep getting the latency test to pass with around 9 ms but the I/O returns zeros. I also keep getting a popup that says the device is not connected. The driver is from Tascam. It's the most current. 

Most of the links for help and instruction in the hardware setup routine are 404 dead. 

I initially set up JK with a simple mixer (guitar/mic) plugged into the mic input of my computer. I participated in a couple of successful jams but got some advice to get a USB interface.

Zoom R24 & Windows 10 - Latency Issues
Posted by: Jock Mirow - 04-14-2020, 06:17 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (13)

Hopefully someone can help me - I have a Zoom R24 that I use for recording with Adobe Audition on my Windows 10 Core i7 box. Never had latency issues with recording & playback. JamKazam tells me my latency is much too high to work with JamKazam. I notice that my R24 in interface mode says it is sampling at 96.0 Khz - I'm assuming that the issue is too high a sample rate.

When I go to Zoom and attempt to change the sample rate, I'm told that I can change that from within whatever DAW software I'm using - however, I'm not using any DAW software - just JamKazam. In the Windows system it says my sampling rate is 44.1 Khz - and that cannot be changed from within the Windows 10 environment.

Any assistance appreciated!

Thanks,
J.Mirow

Remove my Band
Posted by: thegoodi - 04-14-2020, 05:25 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (4)

My colleague and I have both setup our band.
How do you remove one. Even changing the name doesn't work...
Cheers

Audio Dropouts after recent update
Posted by: zoddie - 04-14-2020, 04:35 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (51)

After the mac JK client update, we have been getting audio dropouts where I cannot hear my instruments or anyone else's instruments.  This can be instantly fixed by clicking the "resync" button, but that's obviously not easy to do in the middle of a song.

I have an exceptionally fast, wired internet connection and a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen).  I can see the volume lights flickering in JK but can't hear anything and it seems to happen at random times.

Any advice?

Question Mac OSX Catalina with JamKazam
Posted by: jak denantes - 04-14-2020, 02:39 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (8)

macbookpro (2019, under Catalina) the following messages appear opening it and opening sessions
"Video.ini: configuration update failed (not writable)
Audio.ini: configuration update failed (not writable)
Clients.ini: configuration update failed (not writable)"

one point usefull:
I had "Unable to create folder: /JamKazam/JamTracks/
Unable to create folder: /JamKazam/JamTracks/cb4bOaea-xxx-xxxx-xxxxxxxxxxx
the it's open but of course problems of configuration"
Peter told me
"The write permissions on these folders need to set:
sudo chmod -R +rw ~/.config"
and this point looks OK now.

Video shows white rectangle
Posted by: leemurray - 04-14-2020, 12:32 PM - Forum: Help with Video Gear - Replies (7)

I can send and receive video with several people and it works fine, but sometimes with one other person, he and I both see a blank white rectangle instead of each other’s video. Any ideas on what would cause this?

Recording Upload Net Error
Posted by: Mistermikeuk - 04-14-2020, 08:59 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (2)

I am running a Focusrite 4i4 with 3 live tracks, vocal, acoustic and harmonica. Hard wire to internet. Can run in sessions no problem. Have just tried a recording session with bandmates. My acoustic and harmonica have uploaded, but my vocal says pending upload. If I press the refressh button I get a network error message in the log. The high quality audio is there for all tracks showing green. I have resynched, restarted and rebooted. Any suggestions what is stopping my vocal upload please?

not letting me add 2nd audio track
Posted by: whr00@yahoo.com - 04-14-2020, 12:46 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

I've added input 1 (Voice) but the system won't let me add Input 2 (guitar).  Instrument drop drop stays grey.  Using Presonus Audiobox 96 with Windows 7 computer

thanks

Power Mixer
Posted by: leemurray - 04-13-2020, 09:44 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (3)

I thought there used to be a shortcut like Ctrl-Alt-M that would bring up a Power Mixer. Is it still available on the Windows client?

No Audio from JamKazam (Windows PC); native RealTek Devices
Posted by: VocalNerd - 04-13-2020, 09:18 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

Problem summary: No sound coming out of JamKazam.

I'm running a Windows PC, (Windows 7), and am trying to get JamKazam to work with the built-in mic an speakers (headphones plugged into jack - Realtek), but have not been able to hear any sounds at all from the JamKazam program. i am open to buying more hardware, but wanted to test it/ensure it works via built-in stuff first.

Outside the program, I have confirmed that my microphone and headphones are working (via a separate sound recorder program and normal windows sounds/watching YouTube videos, etc.)

Within JamKazam, I see via the light bars that my voice is being picked up, but I cannot hear any sounds. Not the sample "play" sound during audio gear configuration; not the metronome sound; nothing. Sometimes I see a momentary "Unable to open test sound. Contact support." message during audio gear configuration.

What I have tried so far:
- I have tried the trick mentioned elsewhere in this forum to close all other programs (including Skype, IE, etc.) and to uncheck the "Allow applications to take exclusive control of this device" option in the Manage Audio Devices menu for both the microphone and the speakers.
- I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling JamKazam
- Restarting computer.
- I've tried different settings/sample rates/etc.

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated; I miss collaborative music.
Also, someone who has this thing working -- At what point in the audio setup configuration process were you first able to hear yourself through your audio output device?

Thanks in advance for any and all ideas.