Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,131
» Latest member: Ieacc
» Forum threads: 1,588
» Forum posts: 7,784

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Studio One output to Jamk...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 263
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 486
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,309
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 22,975
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,749
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,102
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,691
Silver plan time issue
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,715
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,820
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,885

Does JK automatically synch recordings between devices?
Posted by: davidb - 04-13-2020, 09:33 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

I made a JK recording on my laptop. I now find the same recording as a local file on my PC on which I also have Jamkazam installed and which I log in to now and then. How has it got there? Does JK synch recordings automatically between devices (a bit like Dropbox)? If so can you stop it doing this?

Line6 POD Xt different sample rate
Posted by: heleneh - 04-13-2020, 08:30 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

Hi, I use the POD Xt connectd to my PC through USB. The ASIO driver is installed. If I use the ASIO for input and output device I don't get a decent latency ( not below 43ms). Only if I use a differnt output like PODXt Out WDM. Then I can get even round 10ms and also the I/O rate is green. It may work for a while but suddenly I get several warning which are confusing:
1. Your output device default samplerate is 48000 and different than the input samplerate 44100....
2. Your output device default samplerate is 48000 and different than the input samplerate 96000....
3. Your output device default samplerate is 48000 and different than the input samplerate 88200....
4. Not compatible samplerate (32000) found on Audio device

In windows sound control panel I set the POD XT Speaker on output to for 44100 and the same for Pod XT digital on input.
If I change the settings to 48000 I get another warning:
Your input device default samplerate (44100) and output device samplerate (48000) are asymmetric.....
BUT I just change the settings in windows to 44800!!!! Huh Exclusive modus for apps is activated in in and output settings.

HELP............. 
Sad

How do you set recording level?
Posted by: davidb - 04-13-2020, 08:17 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

I am still getting to grips with JK. In exploring the various options I have yet to see any way of setting the recording level (or maybe I should say microphone input level). This seems a fairly fundamental thing to need to control. Have I missed it or does JK use auto level? Or maybe I need to control it via the Windows sound settings? I should mention I am using the internal microphone of the laptop - trying to keep things as simple as possible just to get started.

What is Frame Size?
Posted by: davidb - 04-13-2020, 07:52 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (10)

Please could someone explain what frame size means. Is it different to buffer size in the ASIO control panel. I find I need to set Frame Size to the minimum of 2.5 to get acceptable latency. Is there any disadvantage to a small frame size?

Bluetooth headphones
Posted by: davidb - 04-13-2020, 07:48 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

I have Bluetooth headphones connected to a laptop running windows 10. They work with, e.g. Windows Audio Player but not when I try to play back a recording with Jamkazam (no sound). If I connect wired headphones instead the JK recording plays back OK. Maybe JK accesses the headphone output at a lower level than the Windows audio system and so does not see the Bluetooth headphones. Any ideas? I much prefer Bluetooth - with a wired connection the headphone wire gets in the way.

Thanks to JK team
Posted by: Patrice Brousseau - 04-13-2020, 06:35 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (7)

Not sure if it's a team or a sole developer.

Anyway, I understood that this project was stalled since a few years (correct me if I'm wrong) but got a "revival" since Covid19 confinement.

Is it perfect? No. Is it buggy sometimes? Yes. However, it helps us musicians to play music together with relatively acceptable latency. We could complain that latency is too high and sometimes variable but hey, it's free and we can make music together. It's hard for me as a drummer but we will try the built-in metronome next time. 

It's better to make imperfect music (rhythmic wise) than not playing with friends at all!

So, thanks and take care

Profile Avatar
Posted by: wallbeav - 04-13-2020, 04:32 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (5)

Is there a solution to the avatar problem. I've noticed a few avatars.

Error message:
App: AhUoVoBZSLirP3esyCl7Zz exceeds the limit.

Backing Track
Posted by: wallbeav - 04-13-2020, 04:30 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

Sometimes when playing a backing track and trying to change that track. There is no place to stop the first track. Thus when you try to load a different track, the app claims there is a track running.

Any ideas?

Audio output not being received by OBS Studio
Posted by: Bad Art Bass - 04-13-2020, 01:57 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

Hi,

I am trying to output the audio from a jamkazam session to OBS Studio (obsproject.org), so that I can stream the audio (combined with Zoom video) to youtube.

When I open up a software program like Media Monkey and play an mp3, OBS Studio receives the audio feed fine.

When I start a session in jamkazam, OBS Studio does not receive the audio feed. Also, when I have an active jamkazam session and start Media Monkey, OBS Studio does not receive the Media Monkey feed.

It seems like jamkazam is holding the audio output hostage, and not letting OBS Studio access it.

How do I get this to work??

fyi gear is Tascam US-16x08, PowerSpec g227 PC, Windows 10 1909 x64

Behringer UMC202HD Setup & Latency
Posted by: sonance - 04-13-2020, 01:56 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (8)

I have a Behringer UMC202HD set up with Windows 10.  

Its working OK.  However the best that I can get for audio latency (measured via JamChat setup) is 13 ms.

I am using the WDM driver option, and selecting a frame size of 10 ms.

I can't see any ASIO driver option.  And if I go below 10 ms  frame size, I get the "crackling/popping" sound issue.  The sound is only clean with 10 ms frame size and higher.  Installing ASIO4ALL and its setup (and activating it for the UMC202HD), I didn't see any ASIO drivers appear either, and JamKazam's ASIO panel option doesn't work.

Has anyone had a set up on Windows 10 using UMC202HD with latency under 10ms?  Any tips?  Is WDM the best available for UMC202HD?  How do you know you're using ASIO drivers when using other devices?