Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,133
» Latest member: varocketry@hotmail.com
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,781

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
List of Audio Interfaces
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: stenio
05-13-2024, 05:44 AM
» Replies: 208
» Views: 507,337
Studio One output to Jamk...
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 370
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 630
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,584
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 24,023
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,857
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,550
Band connect with one rem...
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,935
Silver plan time issue
Forum: Miscellaneous
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,951
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 9,279

Question about JamKazam team
Posted by: Carl - 04-13-2020, 08:22 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

Hi,
With my french organization, we have sent several emails to JamKazam to ask questions about the system and a possible partner$p, but we do not receive any response. It's a little weird.
Has anyone ever had contact with someone from JamKazam and do you know if there is a serious team behind this system?
Are they off since March?
Thank you in advance for your answers.
Carl

interface choice
Posted by: wjdewit1962 - 04-13-2020, 06:01 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (4)

Why do i have to chose between 2 behringer interfaces in tab: Device Configuration, when i dont have such a interface, but i have a ZOOM livetrak 12 ant i can't select that thing. also ASIO panel won't openup and about a 1000 other problems

HELP GETTING STARTED.
Posted by: ivarevan - 04-13-2020, 06:00 PM - Forum: Help with Video Gear - Replies (1)

I AM VERY INTERESTED IN THIS APPLICATION.   HOWEVER AS A BEGINNER I NEED HELP.   THIS INTERFACE IS VERY CONFUSING AND I HAVE NOT HAD ANY SUCCESS GETTING IT TO WORK AS ADVERTISED AND I NEED USERS WITH EXPERIENCE FOR HELP.  

BEING SOCIALLY ISOLATED IS AWFUL AND THE ABILITY TO REHEARSE WITH MY BAND MAY SAVE MY SANITY.  CAN SOMEONE HELP ME GET STARTED WITH SOME BEST PRACTICES?   PERHAPS ON A ZOOM CALL REAL TIME?   THIS APP IS VERY CONFUSING AND I AM STUCK.  I GOT TO THE "TESTING PHASE" AND HIT A DEAD END.  CAN SOMEONE WALK ME THROUGH SOME STEPS?  I HAVE LOTS OF EXPERIENCE WITH OTHER VIDEO CONFERENCING PLATFORMS LIKE ZOOM BUT THIS ONE IS NOT VERY INTUITIVE.

I DID THE INITIAL  "TESTING" AND IT SAID I CANNOT SUPPORT VIDEO BECAUSE OF MY INTERNET SPEED.   

OK THEN, WHAT IS NEEDED TO PASS THE INITIAL TEST and or WHAT INTERNET SPEED IS REQUIRED TO DO VIDEO?  CAN SOMEONE TELL ME WHAT TO UPGRADE TO FOR SUCCESS?  WHO OUT THERE IS UP AND RUNNING GREAT JAMMING WITH THEIR BAND WITH VIDEO?

i HAVE NOT SEEN ANY TUTORIALS ON HOW TO SET UP VIDEO SUCCESSFULLY OR A SPECIFIC LIST OF WHAT IS NEEDED TO DO VIDEO CORRECTLY.    SO I AM HUMBLY ASKING ANYONE SYMPATHETIC FOR HELP.  JAM KAZAM APPEARS TO HAVE NO SUPPORT OR THEY ARE INCREDIBLY BUSY AND BOGGED DOWN.

THANKS FOR ANY ASSISTANCE.   AGAIN IF SOMEONE CAN ZOOM ME FOR REAL TIME HELP I WOULD APPRECIATE THAT

ivarevan@gmail.com

Thumbs Down nothing works
Posted by: wjdewit1962 - 04-13-2020, 05:42 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (4)

i tried to setup this program, but i cannot let it work in any way. i still get messeges about server being overbusy, when i click play on a song,same message, latency is overall unacceptable or not good Angry etc etc
looks like i do everything wrong, or am i too old for this (58)

Need help with setting up Scarlet 2i2 Gen3. Please!
Posted by: catrambull - 04-13-2020, 05:01 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (11)

Hi i have been following the Videos to set up the Scarlet 2i2 gen 3 to work with Jamkazam on Windows 10 and have run into many problems. At this time I cannot get past the latency test. For the input and outputs I've selected ASIO , and have tried various Sample Rates and Buffer Sizes. The streaming settings are currently at 48000 and 120. After I do the latency test, it says that the latency cannot be predicted and to run an audio loopback test. I performed the loopback test as described in the video by unplugging the jack from my guitar and into the headphone jack on the scarlet. The loopback test just runs on and on never giving a result. I also tried the WDM setting for the inputs and outputs, and although I would sometimes get poor or fair latency results, it proved unworkable when attempting to Jam online. I will add that I downloaded the latest driver from Focusrite for the Scarlet and I am able to get good sound in my Headphones from my guitar in Channel 1 and Microphone in Channel 2.
Any suggestions would be most welcome!

latency in the network
Posted by: jctonka - 04-13-2020, 04:41 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (1)

I have configured my gear, latency is good,  while having a session with another user who has good latency on their set up we seem to have an overall connection latency , i can hear an echo for every note I play.  

Is there some other settings we need to make on our routers?

Turn off hardware monitoring with MOTU Microbook
Posted by: TimN - 04-13-2020, 04:26 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

I have been unable so far to find settings that will enable me to turn off hardware input monitoring in my MOTU Microbook IIc interface and still hear the JamKazam output stream. I set JK to accept 2 Input channels of the interface (a mic and my Pianoteq software piano). JK then automatically required that I use Output channels 1 & 2 of the same interface. I am using a MacBook Air, OSX High Sierra, and the most recent JK update. 

I always hear my piano and mic input directly monitored, on top of the JK output stream. If I mute the MOTU hardware input monitor mix (with MOTU CuemixFX), I can't hear JK output either. How can I turn off input monitoring in the MOTU, yet hear JK through the MOTU outputs?

Thanks in advance for any advice!

Question Midi Sync
Posted by: phawsea - 04-13-2020, 02:58 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - No Replies

Hi all!

How do you handle midi sync? Do you use external apps?

The internal metronome of jamkazam helps to have a fixed reference when just jamming with acoustic gear. But when having drum machines and loops running, it would be essential to have this gear in sync. Any suggestions?

Thanks!
Martin

Network test failed
Posted by: jcmartin3@rocketmail.com - 04-13-2020, 02:56 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (11)

I've set up the network as suggested, making sure UDP ports 12000-12010 (overkill, I know) are not changed, and are allowed back in and forwarded to the correct computer.  I grabbed a packet capture of a network test when I was finally able to run one. I saw no packets going out using this UDP port range. I did, however, see STUN traffic, so I did the same with the standard STUN UDP port, reran the test, and it still failed.  I see STUN traffic going to one server (74.125.192.127) and I'm getting replies. I then see it change to another server (63.114.108.101) and I'm getting ICMP port unreachable messages back from it. It continues to send STUN binding requests to both addresses, still getting binding responses from the first and ICMP port unreachable messages from the second. It then switches to sending TCP traffic to 45.79.61.39, first on port 6767 then on 80 (http). At that point the test ends and I get the failure message.  If you need me to send a copy of the Wireshark packet capture, send me an email and I can forward it along.

Thanks,
John

Does JK automatically synch recordings between devices?
Posted by: davidb - 04-13-2020, 09:33 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

I made a JK recording on my laptop. I now find the same recording as a local file on my PC on which I also have Jamkazam installed and which I log in to now and then. How has it got there? Does JK synch recordings automatically between devices (a bit like Dropbox)? If so can you stop it doing this?