Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,123
» Latest member: EMMANUEL
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 312
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,000
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,643
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,630
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,810
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,411
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,454
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,336
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,435
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 552

how to close out your session?
Posted by: tda70 - 03-30-2020, 01:25 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (2)

Hi, 

I am new to using JamKazam. So far I have had a pretty good experience using the software. I am able to join sessions that exist and participate, etc.  Now when I create my own session, I am not able to get my friends connected. I share out the url link with them, but when they try to access, it states to them, that the session doesn't exist. Not sure why that is happening. Anyone have any ideas? Now with that in mind, I retried the process again, and it created additional sessions, and now I have a few sessions in my account, but none of my friends could access, and I cant figure out how to close out a session (officially). The only thing I notice that clears it up is that the next day, those sessions are no longer listed. 

Just looking for some advice, etc. 
Thank you

Jamkazam switching off laptop mic (Realtek)
Posted by: jonlgore - 03-30-2020, 01:24 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (1)

I'm trying to set Jamkazam up to jam without any extra equipment, but opening the app appears to switch off my laptop mic (Dell Latitude E5550, Realtek Audio microphone array).  Have other users had this problem?  Any recommendations on how to solve this?  Thanks

Mac OS Catalina
Posted by: Cobbyco - 03-30-2020, 12:42 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (7)

Hi,

I originally tried running Jamkazam on my iMac which has the latest version of Catalina on - It was actually 10.15.3 when I started but it updated this morning to 10.15.4.  With both versions the app immediately crashes and I cannot get it running at all.

I have a MacBook Air that is running v 10.15.2 and it works fine on this.  Does anyone know if there is an issue with the more recent versions or if this is more likely to be something specific with my iMac?

At the moment I am not updating the OS on my MacBook Air just in case!

Tx

Unable to livestream
Posted by: Christiaan - 03-30-2020, 10:37 AM - Forum: Live Streaming to YouTubeLive and FaceBook - Replies (7)

Hi, 
I am unable to livestream my sessions to facebook and or YouTube. Livestreaming on the Jamkazam website itself doesnt work either. When viewers click the play button they are told that I am not broadcasting. When trying to connect to facebook I'm told that the app is still in development.
Also, I am unable to log in via Facebook. 
I'd love for this to be fixed.

Edit: i see it is in BETA testing... in that case I'd love to test it. I got time on my hands anyway

Greetings,
Christiaan

Linux Client
Posted by: alexplima - 03-30-2020, 04:21 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (25)

Just wondering if we'll get a Linux client?

HEADRUSH PEDALBOARD
Posted by: kaoquinn - 03-30-2020, 01:31 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

Has anyone set up a headrush pedalboard with jamkazam if you did how did you connect? through a daw , or headrush straight in usb.

NoAudio when trying to connect with certain members
Posted by: B.B. - 03-29-2020, 11:45 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (15)

Ive had the issue "no audio" with a few members in sessions and couldn't solve it, while with many other members its all fine.

- on my screen my own signal shows green and all seems to be okay / on the screen of the opposite party i'm greyed out and it shows "no audio"
- on the screen of the opposite party their own signal shows green and all seems to be okay / on my screen the opposite party is greyed out and it shows "no audio"

Opening ports 12000 t0 12010 did not solve the issue.
Any suggestions?
Thanks,

How can we support this effort?
Posted by: Seisiuneer - 03-29-2020, 10:32 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (8)

Hello Jamkazam!

This platform has become an absolute lifeline for those of us in the traditional Irish music community who are used to playing together in weekly pub sessions.

Those of us who are the early adopters during this crisis have been doing our best to help other musicians get on the platform and start playing together.

All of this has just come together in the past few days and we've been very successful in having long-distance sessions between California and Colorado, and California and Minnesota with very acceptable latency.  

Going forward, other than just promoting the use of the platform to our fellow musicians, is there some way we can contribute the effort, either monetarily or otherwise?

Here's an example of one of our tests on 3/28/2020 with three players between San Diego, CA. and St. Paul, MN (about 2000 miles distance):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G3auAxnJirw

Cheers and many thanks,

Michael Eskin
San Diego, CA

screen sharing BETA?
Posted by: Karl Kaminski - 03-29-2020, 10:25 PM - Forum: Screen sharing - Replies (3)

I would be very interested in BETA testing screen sharing with my students!
 Please let me know !

Disconnected from Server Error
Posted by: Scrivener101 - 03-29-2020, 08:29 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (5)

I just downloaded the program today and it says I am disconnected from server, even though I have 100mb download speeds and an ethernet cable. I have been unable to connect even one time, are there server load issues right now?