Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,125
» Latest member: jakemiller
» Forum threads: 1,588
» Forum posts: 7,784

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Studio One output to Jamk...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 51
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 346
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,034
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,972
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,664
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,868
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,461
Silver plan time issue
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,497
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,426
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,529

Intro to VST plugins
Posted by: Marty - 04-29-2020, 12:31 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins - Replies (4)

Hi guys,

I'm new to JamKazam, and I'm excited to learn about all of its features.  Can anyone recommend a good intro tutorial on getting started with VST plugins in JamKazam?  I have not used VSTs before, so something at the beginner level would be best.  Initially, I'm looking for a way to add some reverb to my Mic track and some simple effects (reverb, maybe a little distortion on occasion) to my Guitar track.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Unable to configure this profile. Please verify that the devices associated are conne
Posted by: gsalvatori - 04-28-2020, 09:38 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

All of a sudden I started getting this error message when trying to switch from a default profile to a custom profile.
Unable to configure this profile. Please verify that the devices associated are connected

any thoughts? And on another note... why the font is so small i can barely see what's written?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

App crashes after 2 or 3 mnutes.
Posted by: ctlakin@cox.net - 04-28-2020, 09:29 PM - Forum: Help with JamTracks - No Replies

I am using windows 10 and this is my first time on Jamkazam.  After about 2 or 3 minutes the app crashes and I have to start over again.  Am I doing something wrong?   Also, if I close the program, the app disappears, and I have to start over again.  THis shouldn't be happening.

Bose ToneMatch T1 and ASIO4ALL
Posted by: markoyonas - 04-28-2020, 06:00 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

I have had some success using a Bose ToneMatch T1 board with JamKazam using the ASIO4ALL driver.  A diagram is attached with my particular setup.  I upgraded to version 3.14 of the ASIO4ALL driver and found that I could never get my gear latency below 15ms for a session, even though the JamKazam gear setup and loopback test showed 3.15 ms of latency for the gear.  So I deleted the latest version of ASIO4ALL and went back to the previous 2.13 version - which worked!

Attached Files
.pdf   BOSE T1 Interface diagram for JamKazam.pdf (Size: 91.78 KB / Downloads: 9)

Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update
Posted by: GuyWithDogs - 04-28-2020, 04:57 PM - Forum: JamBlaster - Replies (9)

I can no longer pair my JamBlaster with my app on my Windows 10 machine. The "Pairing" option is gone from the Manage menu.

The Audio Console has tabs for Pairing and JamBlaster, but the Pairing tab is blank, and the JamBlaster tab options seem to have no effect. 

I fear that the JamBlaster is dead for reals now.

Where is the buffer size setting on the OSX app?
Posted by: eoengineer - 04-28-2020, 04:09 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (5)

Does anyone have any idea where to find the buffer size controls in Jamkazam on OSX (High Sierra)?  I'm using a Focusrite 2i2 and the hardware latency is showing up just over 10ms which is typically what I get using this interface with Logic Pro with a 256 buffer setting.  I know I can change the sample rate settings in osx Audio/Midi settings but I can't find a local buffer size control in Jamkazam.  

Generally when Im tracking I drop my buffer down to 128 or even 64 to reduce latency while monitoring back from the Logic.  I'd like to be able to do something similar with Jamkazam.

Question ini configuration update failed
Posted by: Dave Falconer - 04-28-2020, 09:16 AM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (5)

Hi,

I downloaded and installed version 1.0.3665 of the Mac client at the weekend.

On starting up I received several errors about ini files not being updated, with a "write failed" message:

Audio.ini configuration update failed (not writable) twice
     Video.ini configuration update failed (not writable)
     Client.ini configuration update failed (not writable)

The program then, I get the same set of errors a couple of times before it finally connects to the site and the interface appears.

In this thread from jak denantes - https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=379 - you advise them to change the permissions of a particular directory:

sudo chmod -R +rw ~/.config

Is that a jamkazam specific config hidden directory under the Home directory or is it a system directory?  If the latter do I just want to be creating empty versions of these files and setting the permissions on those?

Many Thanks

Dave.

Direct Monitoring and building up recordings
Posted by: Nick Blair - 04-28-2020, 01:53 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (6)

I have a Focusrite 4i4 3rd Gen which has no direct monitor switch/knob as I am used to on previous interfaces. So a really basic question...

I set up the 4i4 successfully via the Audio Gear test and hear the noise when the direct monitoring question comes up. And I have played in several sessions without a problem. Does that mean that direct monitoring is off? I can't get my head round the Focusrite Control manual which just does my head in.

Sign of getting senile I feel. The secondary is how would I know if direct monitoring was indeed on?

Snowball ICE Microphone
Posted by: Garry Unger - 04-27-2020, 03:23 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

Greetings everyone.
Has anyone had any success in getting a Snowball ICE USB microphone working as the primary input? I've tried but haven't had any success. I'm assuming the problem is that it's a USB device that JK doesn't recognize.
Any help is greatly appreciated.
..g..

Problem with Jamkazam Mix Stalling
Posted by: mcdon056@umn.edu - 04-27-2020, 03:08 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (2)

Sessions and recording video and audio is going well, but the final mix through the Jamkazam server stalls on “still uploading” or “mix cued” for many days. I still can open the video and audio locally and mix them myself with a video editor. Let me know what you think.
Larry