JamKazam Forums
M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Audio Gear (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=4)
+--- Thread: M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? (/showthread.php?tid=644)

M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? - csrMark - 04-29-2020

hello all,
trying this JamKazam software.  I have an M Box 3 usb i don't use so thought that should work.

Tried everything.  Lowered latency to 64.

my latency doesn't change.  83.33 ms

internet is hard wired

Any suggestions?

Is my interface the problem or is it my internet? I have high speed from a large reputable company.. Rogers cable in Canada

RE: M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? - marhdeth - 04-29-2020

(04-29-2020, 07:49 PM)csrMark Wrote: hello all,
trying this JamKazam software.  I have an M Box 3 usb i don't use so thought that should work.

internet is hard wired

Any suggestions?

Is my interface the problem or is it my internet?  I have high speed from a large reputable company.. Rogers cable in Canada

If you're in a session with another person and you hover over their dot and all the stats, it will tell you where the latency problem is. If you're in a session by yourself you can only see your audio latency, internet/network doesn't factor into it.

RE: M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? - csrMark - 04-29-2020

(04-29-2020, 07:58 PM)marhdeth Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 07:49 PM)csrMark Wrote: hello all,

internet is hard wired

Any suggestions?

Is my interface the problem or is it my internet?  I have high speed from a large reputable company.. Rogers cable in Canada

If you're in a session with another person and you hover over their dot and all the stats, it will tell you where the latency problem is. If you're in a session by yourself you can only see your audio latency, internet/network doesn't factor into it.
___________________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok thank you.   It's during my setup for the very first time trying it i get this latency.  It won't even let me use the interface due to the latency

I have no problem dropping some cash for a different interface if that's actually the problem.
csr

RE: M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? - marhdeth - 04-29-2020

Do you have drivers from Avid installed? If you're just using the plug n play drivers you're going to get crappy latency. You'll need some sort of ASIO drivers (I'm assuming you're on Windows). Download drivers from Avid, or use ASIO4ALL and you might have better luck.

RE: M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? - csrMark - 04-29-2020

(04-29-2020, 09:09 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Do you have drivers from Avid installed? If you're just using the plug n play drivers you're going to get crappy latency. You'll need some sort of ASIO drivers (I'm assuming you're on Windows). Download drivers from Avid, or use ASIO4ALL and you might have better luck.

Yes, I am using the Avid drivers.  I will try ASIO4ALL and see if it's any better

RE: M Box 3 - can't get latency below 83.33 ms.. suggestions? - csrMark - 04-30-2020

(04-29-2020, 09:32 PM)csrMark Wrote:
(04-29-2020, 09:09 PM)marhdeth Wrote: Do you have drivers from Avid installed? If you're just using the plug n play drivers you're going to get crappy latency. You'll need some sort of ASIO drivers (I'm assuming you're on Windows). Download drivers from Avid, or use ASIO4ALL and you might have better luck.

Yes, I am using the Avid drivers.  I will try ASIO4ALL and see if it's any better

Downloaded and installed ASIO4ALL.. same thing.. LATENCY UNK.... SECOND BOX RED

Maybe another interface?