Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,124
» Latest member: guitaristlive
» Forum threads: 1,588
» Forum posts: 7,784

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Studio One output to Jamk...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
43 minutes ago
» Replies: 1
» Views: 22
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 340
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,022
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,895
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,655
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,852
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,439
Silver plan time issue
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,479
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,402
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,484

Network packet send errors
Posted by: stevant - 04-26-2020, 09:03 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (10)

Hi all,

I have been using Jamkazam for a few weeks and all has been great until last night.  Once I get into a room with more than one other person the sound starts to skip real bad and I keep getting Network packet send errors.  Never had that before and I did not change anything.  Any ideas what it can do as the system is no longer playable for me.  My latency is 8.4 at 2.5 fps and for those who see me online see I have excellent latency.  Green/yellow. I'm using a brand new Mac so I know kits not a computer issue.  I have a 1gig Fios connection and my speed test for the router and my computer are very high.  Bad network card maybe?.......Mac Network utility shows no concerns.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Thumbs Up Updated Windows client available...
Posted by: StuartR - 04-26-2020, 08:51 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (2)

Jamkazam has updated their Windows client from 1.0.3657 to 1.0.3698.

April 26th, 2020
Windows & Mac Client Updated
Video Fixes & Stability
Live Streaming Support for Facebook/Youtube/Twitch
Optimizations for Live Streaming - Performer/Broadcaster Only/Performer + Broadcaster
Audio Video Sync on Live Stream
Video Console for Layout Management
Audio Console for Enhanced Audio Management
The Mac client is now signed appropriately, but you may have to change your Privacy & Security settings to allow applications to be installed from not just the App Store.

View Feeds Updated
The View Feeds feature is dramatically faster now (from 15 seconds to sub-second)

Question Weird no audio situation
Posted by: oldbones82 - 04-26-2020, 08:41 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (22)

4 members in a session. Elec Guitar, Acoustic Guitar, Bass Guitar, Drums

Electric Guitar and Bass Guitar can send/receive Audio to/from everyone.
Acoustic Guitar can send/receive audio to/from Elec Guitar and Bass but not drums.
Drums can send/rcv audio to/from Elec Guitar and Bass but not Acoustic Guitar.

Makes no sense.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Mike Huh

Audio Frame Size setting gone?
Posted by: marhdeth - 04-26-2020, 08:22 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (34)

UPDATE, its still around:

When you first open JamKazam go to Manage, Audio, Audio Console and you'll see all those tabs and options. As soon as you join a session they disappear, and don't come back until you restart JK altogether.

UPDATE AGAIN: 

Nevermind, its gone again.

Can't select Genre when searching for musician
Posted by: uhj090 - 04-26-2020, 06:58 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - No Replies

The Genre field does not appear as a selectable list when searching for musicians on the Mac client. Just a text box.

Upload photo on Mac client
Posted by: uhj090 - 04-26-2020, 06:56 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (3)

Get an error trying to load a photo in the Profile section of the Mac client. Running the latest version of the client and of Catalina. Error is 
App: AhUoVoBZSLirP3esyCl7Zz exceeds the limit.

Exclamation Network PORT specs?
Posted by: csfuser - 04-26-2020, 05:24 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (5)

I'm new to JK, but no stranger to networking, remote apps, etc.
I've done some research on the interweb and forums, and I know the team is buried with all the recent activity, but...

Can someone from the JK team please "sticky" which ports [UDP/TCP] are used by the JK client(s) so I can open them on my firewall?

I won't arbitrarily open up UPNP on my network for security reasons. 
I'd prefer to implement port forwarding firewall rules to specific local client IP's, so I need to know which ports to forward!
I see 12000-12010 on other threads...  are these still correct?

Viewing active TCP ports I see:
JK using UDP 56192 - 62337 local
JK using TCP 6767 remote to nodebalancer!
It's also uses http/https calls to AWS and other "sites"..

I have a fast 300/50 (mbps) connection, yet most of the JK clients in sessions show as poor, fair or unacceptable. 
I have a public IP from ISP, and IPv6 is NOT enabled on my network!

I'd like to explore the app potential, but "no audio" and poor connection quality (again, assuming due to blocked ports on the firewall) are not helping.

Pls advise, and THANKS in advance.
-Steve

Help! Many questions
Posted by: Anik St-Pierre - 04-26-2020, 03:11 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (3)

HELP! Quelqu'un peut m'aider? Mon mari et moi sommes nouveaux sur JK et nous commençons à l'explorer. Voici quelques questions que nous avons: pouvons-nous avoir chacun nos comptes JK et faire nos sessions ensemble en utilisant la même connexion internet? Aussi, à chaque fois que nous voulons faire le Test Network, ça ne fonctionne jamais. Ca nous dit qu'il n'y a pas de serveurs. Pouvons-nous quand même utiliser JK à sa pleine capacité? Y a t-il des conséquences à ne pas faire le Test Network? Aussi, ça griche un peu quand on joue et ça griche constamment quand on ouvre la fenêtre vidéo. Que faire pour que ça ne griche plus? Merci

"No Audio" - but one-sided
Posted by: AnnRum - 04-26-2020, 01:57 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (5)

Hi folks, as with a lot of people, I'm trying to get Jamkazam working for a group of friends who are all isolated for lockdown & have come across a bit of an odd problem & hoping someone can give me some pointers / advice.

I'm all set-up & working ok, I can start a session & other musicians can join & we have full audio etc. If my Dad starts a session - I get the "no audio" showing against him when I join. He can join my sessions just fine & I can hear him.

From what I can tell, this is something related to router settings - but whose router? His or mine?

We're both fairly tech literate, but some of our friends that we want to get online are not so tech literate, so any basic level advice in getting people set up and configured would be really appreciated. The group is mostly acoustic guitars and singers.

Thanks!

latency and core audio
Posted by: nfraser52@gmail.com - 04-26-2020, 01:25 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (10)

HI I have recently purchased a refurb macbook pro  13 ( 2015) Version.

With a Blue USB mic I get lousy Latency regardless of settings.

With Internal mic I get 5.9MS , but obviously the mix between vocal and instrument is kind random .

I am looking for a good medium price interface that works with mac OS Mojave.

I had ordered a Focusrite Solo Package ( as i also need a good Mic) , it is on back order and they offered M-audio air 192-4 as replacement .

Is anyone using the solo with a mac and if so what kinda latency are you experiencing ? , friends using solo with PC are experiencng zero !!!

I have not seen any good reviews of the M audio air 192  , any feedback ?

I believe that focusrite had a driver that can bypass the core audio , but I could be wrong

PLay Safe Y'all