Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,108
» Latest member: tomgdavi@gmail.com
» Forum threads: 1,586
» Forum posts: 7,781

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,656
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 19,786
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,453
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,400
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 983
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,031
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 7,830
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 13,761
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 462
scrambled video on Mac
Forum: Help with Video Gear
Last Post: patc890
11-29-2023, 07:33 PM
» Replies: 3
» Views: 1,329

Solution for the Focusrite Scarlet Solo V3
Posted by: AradoJam - 04-27-2020, 11:20 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Hello,

After looking at expensive vendor software solutions, I went back to basics. Focusrite gives two tools to work with their device, Mixing/Routing Control and Settings. From observation, Settings is dependent on the decisions made on Mixing/Routing Control. The configuration options of Sample Rate under Mixing/Routing Control are:

All values are in HZ.

I chose 96000 or 2 x 48000. After my decision, JamKazam and the Focusrite Scarlet Solo V3 working in harmony. JamKazam stopped changeing the buffer size to its thinking. The JamKazam latency dropped to 5ms. Focusrite USB driver stopped BSOD when changing the buffer size beyond JamKazam's expected value. Buffer size is comfortably at 96 with Sample rate at 96000.  JamKazam is no longer complaining.

JK new version
Posted by: Colin.Bryant - 04-27-2020, 08:24 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (1)

Band session worked OK for me and my mate with an audio interface but two others using basic mics kept cra$ng out as soon as they joined the session. We all got the latest update when we connected for the session. My mate, with the AI, on a Mac had the initial JK window automatically close before the update installed, I closed the initial window manually before installing the update on my PC. The other two on PCs did not close the initial JK window before installing the update and the updater did not prompt them to or close it automatically. I'm guessing that having JK running during the update may have corrupted the new installation. they will try to uninstall, search for and manually remove any lurking JK files (as previously reported as a problem) and reinstall the new version.

This problem may have been due to bad installation of the update but may be something else. One of the others has had consistent problems with his his mic audio being received by the rest of us. We haven't had a consistently stable session yet to be able to compare incremental changes to our collective setup.

(Why is 's h' (without the space) published as '$' when it is OK in the editing window?)

Help with Avid M-Box Mini
Posted by: gsalvatori - 04-27-2020, 06:23 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

Hi everyone, I am trying to properly set I/O on my Avid M-BOX Mini without success. I have connected the mbox to my laptop (windows 10), through the firewire port on the back of the mbox and then into the usb port on my computer. Basically on JamKazam I have selected (as input) the avid mbox, and I can hear clearly through the headphones that I plugged, on the front of the mbox.
Although I can hear my guitar clearly, I can’t hear the audio of other musicians playing with me, nor them talking to me. I simply selected the same audio interface for audio output hoping I could hear everybody else in my headphone but I don’t. It looks like the audio is coming out only from the mini speaker the mbox has embedded.
Does anyone knows how to properly set the audio interface?
Thank you in advance
Gabriele

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

JK changing buffer size in Focusrite 2i4
Posted by: harleydear - 04-27-2020, 06:11 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

Hi all. I mentioned this in another thread where there was a work around if you experienced problems setting up the audio interface with JK. Unfortunately I wasn't able to apply any of the advice there ( Reaper/Cakewalk work arounds ) and I am still stuck wit he problem

So, rather than fill that particular thread up with my problem, I have given a youtube link here to show what the problem is.

Any advice would be appreciated and yes, I have downloaded the Beta version of focusrite software driver that provides SYNCED and not Locked - still no difference.

[color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]https://youtu.be/I3_wPaVzysU[/color]

[color=var(--ytcp-link-color)]Thanks[/color]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Severe I/O problems
Posted by: Guyfi - 04-27-2020, 03:06 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - No Replies

I’m using an ESI UGM96 on one 10 year old HP Business Windows 10 laptop (Intel i3) with no problems (stable 4.4ms) but I tried to install it on a Dell Latitude E6410 (Intel i5) of about the same age I can never get it to pass the setup stage. I’ve tried different samples and buffer sizes and the slow medium and fast options JK gives you. The latency is quite low, starting around 2.7ms but no matter what I do I get I/O fails and error messages that the computer stopped communicating with the ESI, and something like “audio initialization failed.” I tried with the Dell on Win 7 an then updated to 10, same deal. I’ve also had a couple shutdowns and one BSOD. FWIW the Dell is Win10 Pro.

audio input instructions
Posted by: rodeored - 04-27-2020, 01:29 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

I am trying to set up a webcam as audio and video input. When I click on the video tab, I an see the video, but I am not having any luck jamkazam to recognize the webcam audio.

In the app, it says

• Select audio interface for inputs and outputs.

• Check output ports you will use to monitor.

• Configure interface settings.

• View test results.
INSTRUCTIONS
 When I click on instructions, it takes me to this https://jamkazam.desk.com/customer/en/po...audio-gear

My browser says We can’t connect to the server at jamkazam.desk.com.

Audio interface
Posted by: orcaluag@yahoo.com - 04-27-2020, 12:32 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

My friends and I wants to try online jamming using JamKazam, is it necessary that everybody are equipped of audio interface? Thanks

A Guide to Online Sessions Using JamKazam
Posted by: Seisiuneer - 04-26-2020, 10:56 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (4)

For those of you interested in learning about and considering using JamKazam for real time online Irish sessions, here's a link to a comprehensive setup guide on which I've been one of the (minor) collaborators:

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yOGh...sp=sharing

Network packet send errors
Posted by: stevant - 04-26-2020, 09:03 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (10)

Hi all,

I have been using Jamkazam for a few weeks and all has been great until last night.  Once I get into a room with more than one other person the sound starts to skip real bad and I keep getting Network packet send errors.  Never had that before and I did not change anything.  Any ideas what it can do as the system is no longer playable for me.  My latency is 8.4 at 2.5 fps and for those who see me online see I have excellent latency.  Green/yellow. I'm using a brand new Mac so I know kits not a computer issue.  I have a 1gig Fios connection and my speed test for the router and my computer are very high.  Bad network card maybe?.......Mac Network utility shows no concerns.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Steve

Thumbs Up Updated Windows client available...
Posted by: StuartR - 04-26-2020, 08:51 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (2)

Jamkazam has updated their Windows client from 1.0.3657 to 1.0.3698.

April 26th, 2020
Windows & Mac Client Updated
Video Fixes & Stability
Live Streaming Support for Facebook/Youtube/Twitch
Optimizations for Live Streaming - Performer/Broadcaster Only/Performer + Broadcaster
Audio Video Sync on Live Stream
Video Console for Layout Management
Audio Console for Enhanced Audio Management
The Mac client is now signed appropriately, but you may have to change your Privacy & Security settings to allow applications to be installed from not just the App Store.

View Feeds Updated
The View Feeds feature is dramatically faster now (from 15 seconds to sub-second)