JamKazam Forums
Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: JamBlaster (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=15)
+--- Thread: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update (/showthread.php?tid=620)

Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - GuyWithDogs - 04-28-2020

I can no longer pair my JamBlaster with my app on my Windows 10 machine. The "Pairing" option is gone from the Manage menu.

The Audio Console has tabs for Pairing and JamBlaster, but the Pairing tab is blank, and the JamBlaster tab options seem to have no effect. 

I fear that the JamBlaster is dead for reals now.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - mabalot - 04-28-2020

The Jamblaster functions are now in "Manage - Audio Settings - Audio Console". Send a message to support@jamkazam.com if you can not get your jamblaster to connect to the app.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - Peter Kent - 04-29-2020

I can also no longer pair my jamblaster to windows 10.  I cannot get my jamblaster to even be recognized as an option on my new computer.  it was working on old computer but now even on the old windows 10 compter it is not pairing up.  I left jamkazam 4 years ago over similar issues with the jamblaster and was hoping that the issues were resolved with new updates.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - GuyWithDogs - 04-29-2020

(04-28-2020, 11:06 PM)mabalot Wrote: The Jamblaster functions are now in "Manage -  Audio Settings - Audio Console". Send a message to support@jamkazam.com if you can not get your jamblaster to connect to the app.

I've sent an email. I'll report back what I hear.

(04-29-2020, 02:56 PM)Peter Kent Wrote: I can also no longer pair my jamblaster to windows 10.  I cannot get my jamblaster to even be recognized as an option on my new computer.  it was working on old computer but now even on the old windows 10 compter it is not pairing up.  I left jamkazam 4 years ago over similar issues with the jamblaster and was hoping that the issues were resolved with new updates.

You do need the Bonjour service running, I believe. That comes with iTunes, or you can sort of track down a separate installer. My problem when I dragged the Jamblaster out was that I had upgraded my laptop and did not install iTunes. So no pairing (with the OLDER app). Got the Jamblaster paired late last week, I think, and then the April 26th update made all that disappear.

I've sent an email to the support address to see if there's any advice from Jamkazam itself.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - Hermeto fan - 04-29-2020

With the 29th April update most of the settings and tabs under the audio console menu seem to have disappeared. All I see now is a single tab saying mixer, which doesn't seem to do much. I am hoping (maybe naively) they will update again and put the pairing and jamblaster tabs back, functioning this time. It would seem odd to go to the trouble of creating these tabs for the 26th April update with detailed settings for the jamblaster if the plan is to drop jamblaster support altogether.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - DC1 - 06-16-2020

In another thread, David Wilson pledged to reestablish support for the JamBlaster. Other people have reported that the Pairing menus are back now. I installed iTunes/Bonjour on Win 10 system, and with the latest software, I also see Pairing menu options under Manage. For me, JamKazam software is not finding the JamBlaster, even though I see it on my network router list. I bought this used without any installation instructions, so maybe there is a step I'm missing. Do people really connect the JamBlaster to a computer with a male-to-male USB cable? I don't have a cable like that. Do I need to do something with the network setup or static IP address? I think I'm close, with the menus showing up.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - Hermeto fan - 06-18-2020

You don't need to use a USB cable in my experience. Have "toggle pairing capability" checked on the first pairing menu. Then select "pairing candidates" and in the next menu you should see your jamblaster listed for you to select. That's how I got mine working anyway. Good luck!

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - DC1 - 06-19-2020

(06-18-2020, 10:29 PM)Hermeto fan Wrote: You don't need to use a USB cable in my experience. Have "toggle pairing capability" checked on the first pairing menu. Then select "pairing candidates" and in the next menu you should see your jamblaster listed for you to select. That's how I got mine working anyway. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply.
I have the pairing capability checked, but the Jamblaster is not being detected in the pairing candidates.  Which is weird, since my router sees it, and when I enter that IP address in a web browser, it reports back "It Works!".  In other words, access is not blocked from my computer.  I tried direct connect with that IP address, but I don't know what the port number to use.  Everything I tried times out.  I bought the JB used and have never got it running on my system.  I'm guessing that it stored some configuration info from the previous owner, that is different from my setup, and it is not auto-detecting like it does with other people (remembers their previous working setup).  Could also be some port blocking that Win 10 is secretly doing.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - DC1 - 06-24-2020

(06-19-2020, 07:43 PM)DC1 Wrote:
(06-18-2020, 10:29 PM)Hermeto fan Wrote: You don't need to use a USB cable in my experience. Have "toggle pairing capability" checked on the first pairing menu. Then select "pairing candidates" and in the next menu you should see your jamblaster listed for you to select. That's how I got mine working anyway. Good luck!
Thanks for the reply.
I have the pairing capability checked, but the Jamblaster is not being detected in the pairing candidates.  Which is weird, since my router sees it, and when I enter that IP address in a web browser, it reports back "It Works!".  In other words, access is not blocked from my computer.  I tried direct connect with that IP address, but I don't know what the port number to use.  Everything I tried times out.  I bought the JB used and have never got it running on my system.  I'm guessing that it stored some configuration info from the previous owner, that is different from my setup, and it is not auto-detecting like it does with other people (remembers their previous working setup).  Could also be some port blocking that Win 10 is secretly doing.
I still don't have it working.  Installed Bonjour browser, so I know my PC sees the JamBlaster as a Bonjour (zero-configuration LAN) client, but JamKazam doesn't see it as a pairing candidate.  JamKazam revised their software, which got rid of Bonjour altogether (according to the release notes), which killed JamBlaster pairing, but they just rolled back to the previous revision.  I have pairing menus back, but the JamBlaster is still not detected by JamKazam.  Maybe I'm close to getting this working?  I could be stuck in a loop though, if I can't factory reset the JamBlaster without pairing, and can't pair without knowing the port that it assigned to.
Tried the USB cable, but as Hermeto_fan stated, didn't seem to do anything.

RE: Pairing options missing from the Manage menu after APril 26, 2020 Windows update - DC1 - 06-26-2020

(06-24-2020, 01:15 AM)DC1 Wrote:
(06-19-2020, 07:43 PM)DC1 Wrote:
Thanks for the reply.
I still don't have it working.  Installed Bonjour browser, so I know my PC sees the JamBlaster as a Bonjour (zero-configuration LAN) client, but JamKazam doesn't see it as a pairing candidate.  JamKazam revised their software, which got rid of Bonjour altogether (according to the release notes), which killed JamBlaster pairing, but they just rolled back to the previous revision.  I have pairing menus back, but the JamBlaster is still not detected by JamKazam.  Maybe I'm close to getting this working?  I could be stuck in a loop though, if I can't factory reset the JamBlaster without pairing, and can't pair without knowing the port that it assigned to.
Tried the USB cable, but as Hermeto_fan stated, didn't seem to do anything.

Latest JamKazam update broke Pairing again.