Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,131
» Latest member: Ieacc
» Forum threads: 1,588
» Forum posts: 7,784

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Studio One output to Jamk...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 187
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 435
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,140
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 22,618
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,715
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,011
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,615
Silver plan time issue
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,638
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,699
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,729

Reset Audio Settings Command
Posted by: Lex Music - 05-10-2020, 12:11 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (4)

A few friends of mine tried but failed setup Audio Cards In/Out ports. At least one friend is unable to make changes to these wrong settings and is stuck.  My question is this:
Does the 'Reset Audio Setting' command clears JK settings as if starting anew?
i.e. is this a good way to reset any incorrect audio card settings?

This command is under:  Manage / Audio Settings / configuration / Reset Audio Settings

Testing program
Posted by: rika002@msn.com - 05-09-2020, 11:32 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (1)

I recently downloaded Jamkazam, and I tried to test it by clicking on the button to play solo (I play recorder).  When I did, I couldn't figure out what to do next.  It seemed the only option was to record, and when I tried to record, at the end it said something like "error: rest".  Could anyone tell me what I did wrong?  And, if I want to test it some way other than recording, what are my options?  One I figure out how to do this based on someone's suggestions, am I going to follow similar suggestions when I try to play with a friend?

Testing program by playing solo
Posted by: rika002@msn.com - 05-09-2020, 11:27 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

I recently downloaded Jamkazam, and I tried to test it by clicking on the button to play solo (I play recorder).  When I did, I couldn't figure out what to do next.  It seemed the only option was to record, and when I tried to record, at the end it said something like "error: rest".  Could anyone tell me what I did wrong?  And, if I want to test it some way other than recording, what are my options?

Video LIVESTREAM Tips
Posted by: chilimail333@gmail.com - 05-09-2020, 10:19 PM - Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers - No Replies

Here's some LIVESTREAM Tips we've gathered over the past few days:

FB Stream Key location: [/url]https://www.facebook.com/live/create
  (this is where you get the stream key to copy/paste into JK

-- start the JK Livestream Session first, then hit Go Live on FB

-- Tick the Persistent Stream Key and it will save in JKZ for next time

-- Share using a created Business page rather than a personal FB page > select "Share on Your Time Line" dropdown > Share on a Page you Manage

-- Think of a Title before hand

-- You're LIVE faster than you think...log into an alternate device and watch for when you go live.  Start playing immediately and think ahead to the FB playbacks that you'll receive.  The first 10 seconds of the replay is critical.

-- You can sell tickets to the event on FB.  Pretty cool.  Even if they are free, it engages your fans.

-- Recommended tutorials: [url=https://youtu.be/aB8sGEilB10]https://youtu.be/aB8sGEilB10  // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSJHeme_VE&t=4s 

Twitch Streamkey location:  Icon top right > Creator Dashboard> Three Lines top left > Preferences > Channel

-- Good examples of engaging Twitchers:  https://www.twitch.tv/thetangerineclub

YouTube Streamkey Location: Icon top right > YouTube Studio > .... it's kinda complicated: watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xka4OLgzW9Q&t=532s

Must have video camera running from main session page to stream.  JamKazam Video window > Streams > Resolution to send 720 (if your ISP can handle it, if not VGA 640). Select video encoder > VP8 (I don't really know what this means yet).

JKZ Live Broadcast Button: Manage > Live Broadcast > Performer and Broadcaster > Video Console > Brady Bunch for four jammers / Side by side for 2-3 jammers.   Paste Stream Key from Streaming platform.  Stream quality: HIGH if your ISP can handle it.  UpLink Bitrate (I've tried 3500 and that worked)  I want to try 7200 to see if that works too.  > Audio Sync Delay (don't know if I should change it, so I left it alone) Apply > Start Broadcast

Audio Console:  Push the volume as high as the stream can handle without clipping.  I used the tick just below 20 on LiveCast meter.

Session video shows all players but only saves video of session leader
Posted by: mcdon056@umn.edu - 05-09-2020, 10:04 PM - Forum: Help with Video Gear - Replies (1)

When I schedule sessions and use video, it shows all of the players, but the recording only saves my video, while saving all of the audio tracks and mix. Let me know what you think.

Scan for VSTs crashed JK
Posted by: Drumah - 05-09-2020, 06:17 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - No Replies

Hi all,

Been a very happy user for a while and have great sessions. Now, my band mates want try and singer wants some reverb. I have trying to add a 3rd audio channel and throw on a reverb VST that's on my machine. Eveytime I do a scan for new plugins, JK crashes. When I go back in, there are some random plugins in the list, but never the one I am looking for. I tried to set the specific folder to scan. Crashes again on scanning for plugs.. On Catalina 10.15.4

update: just had another friend on catalina cra$ng as well.. seems you can't scan for plugins in catalina without cra$ng..
thanks

Solution -MacOSX Client Crashes on Startup
Posted by: Jamkazam - 05-09-2020, 04:43 PM - Forum: JamKazam Help Articles - No Replies

The MacOSX client will automatically try to load a Facebook browser plugin that came from Facebook's website. This plugin is actually quite old, and also causes JamKazam to crash on startup!  

This loading of a Facebook plugin behavior is not intentional on JamKazam's part; it is based on some other library/code we use underneath the hood.   

So, let's delete that plugin so MacOSX client application can run. The Facebook plugin can be in one of two places.  This article will show you how to open the two folders to check, and then you can delete it, and re-try to open the JamKazam application.

Step 1:  Open the Terminal application on MacOSX.  You can do this most easily by keying CMD + Spacebar, and then typing Terminal. Select it from the list.

Step 2:  In terminal, you will have a command prompt to type text.   Paste the below command and hit enter once pasted.

open "/Library/Internet Plug-Ins"

Step 3: This will open up MacOSX Finder at this system location. 

Do you see anything in there that starts with fb or facebook or something that says to you it's a plugin from Facebook?   

IF YOU SEE THE FACEBOOK PLUGIN IN THE FOLDER, DELETE IT!

Step 4: Check the other folder the Facebook plugin can be in (this looks almost the same as above, but it's not! notice the ~ in the front)

open "~/Library/Internet Plug-Ins"

Step 5: As with Step 2, this will open MacOSX Finder at this other system location.  And again:

Do you see anything in there that starts with fb or facebook or something that says to you it's a plugin from Facebook?    

[b]IF YOU SEE THE FACEBOOK PLUGIN IN THE FOLDER, DELETE IT![/b]

Step 6: After, deleting the plugin, try to start the JamKazam application.

JamKazam GoFundMe
Posted by: TWDay - 05-09-2020, 02:42 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

https://www.gofundme.com/f/cy2fsq-keep-j...-improving

No audio signal - Mac Catalina?
Posted by: mark@butterill.plus.com - 05-09-2020, 10:25 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (8)

Hi, I've got the app set up and am using the recommended Behringer UMC202HD interface. Audio set up has found and activated the interface and I can play a jam track OK but I see no audio signal at all on my track. It's not a problem with the set up as I can record through the interface into other apps including Logic, WavePad and MixPad. Can anyone help? I can't even use Jamkazam as a practice tool let alone try band rehearsals!

regards

Mark

New Client Fails with Previously Working Gear Config
Posted by: MattBarr - 05-09-2020, 05:13 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (6)

Is anyone else having trouble with Build 1.20 1.0.3714 not working with a gear configuration that worked a week ago, or even a day ago?

I've seen this twice today with two friends of mine. They updated to the latest version, and JamKazam reports that their output devices are not working. Both friends are using a USB connection to PC with WDM driver, and in both cases the output devices are in fact working. One is using an M-Audio 192|4 interface that worked a week ago, the other is using an old Line 6 GuitarPort that worked yesterday.

I am plugged directly into a PC line-in jack from PA tape out, and using ASIO4ALL. I did not have this problem after updating to the latest client.

It would useful to have the option of reverting back to an older client version, if it doesn't work it's my problem but at least I'd have the option.