Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,124
» Latest member: guitaristlive
» Forum threads: 1,588
» Forum posts: 7,783

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Studio One output to Jamk...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: jsnichols2
7 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 11
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 334
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 2,019
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,859
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,652
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,847
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,435
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,475
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,391
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,474

No sound from my headphones
Posted by: threewanderers - 05-08-2020, 12:16 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

Hello, I just bought a behringer umc202hd interface. I am on windows 10. I downloaded and installed the driver, and plugged in the interface.  the good news is the latency went from 78.9 to 4.2 with the interface.  the bad news is I am getting no sound over my headphones, which are plugged into my computer's headphone jack.  I can't hear my guitar or any sound through the jamkazam app, although the indicator lights are all green.  Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong? I feel like I am so close.....

Video LIVESTREAM Tips
Posted by: chilimail333@gmail.com - 05-07-2020, 10:09 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

Here's some LIVESTREAM Tips we've gathered over the past few days:

FB Stream Key location: [/url][url=https://www.facebook.com/live/create]https://www.facebook.com/live/create  (this is where you get the stream key to copy/paste into JK

-- start the JK Livestream Session first, then hit Go Live on FB

-- Tick the Persistent Stream Key and it will save in JKZ for next time

-- Share using a created Business page rather than a personal FB page > select "Share on Your Time Line" dropdown > Share on a Page you Manage

-- Think of a Title before hand

-- You're LIVE faster than you think...log into an alternate device and watch for when you go live.  Start playing immediately and think ahead to the FB playbacks that you'll receive.  The first 10 seconds of the replay is critical.

-- You can sell tickets to the event on FB.  Pretty cool.  Even if they are free, it engages your fans.

-- Recommended tutorials: https://youtu.be/aB8sGEilB10  // https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qiSJHeme_VE&t=4s 

Twitch Streamkey location:  Icon top right > Creator Dashboard> Three Lines top left > Preferences > Channel

-- Good examples of engaging Twitchers:  https://www.twitch.tv/thetangerineclub

YouTube Streamkey Location: Icon top right > YouTube Studio > .... it's kinda complicated: watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xka4OLgzW9Q&t=532s

Must have video camera running from main session page to stream.  JamKazam Video window > Streams > Resolution to send 720 (if your ISP can handle it, if not VGA 640). Select video encoder > VP8 (I don't really know what this means yet).

JKZ Live Broadcast Button: Manage > Live Broadcast > Performer and Broadcaster > Video Console > Brady Bunch for four jammers / Side by side for 2-3 jammers.   Paste Stream Key from Streaming platform.  Stream quality: HIGH if your ISP can handle it.  UpLink Bitrate (I've tried 3500 and that worked)  I want to try 7200 to see if that works too.  > Audio Sync Delay (don't know if I should change it, so I left it alone) Apply > Start Broadcast

Audio Console:  Push the volume as high as the stream can handle without clipping.  I used the tick just below 20 on LiveCast meter.

IPv6? 100% packet loss out, received audio cutting in and out
Posted by: kvstrong - 05-07-2020, 07:13 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (2)

I've seen others mention that IPv6 should be disabled in Manage->Networking->IP Protocol.  Is that the case?  

Last week our jazz guitar quartet had everything working fine, after both a gateway/router and computer reboot on my side.  In fact the latency was barely noticeable.

This week (last night), the other three were frequently seeing 100% packet loss from me, and I was hearing their audio cut in and out, mostly out.  I was also sometimes getting UDP blocked messages, which I had never seen before in prior weeks, and nothing had changed on my end, other than the two JKZ app updates in the past week.

Tried rebooting computer (MacBook Pro) and power-cycling my gateway/router.

I added UDP port forwarding on 12000-12010 to my gateway/router (AT&T Pace 5268AC) and enabled "Always use the same set of UDP ports" in JKZ.  Still the same, audio cutting in and out and the other guys seeing 100% packet loss from me.  

My Ethernet connection is via a switch, which then has a long run to the gateway/router (via in-wall wiring).  Tried switching to WiFi as a test.  Audio started working, though latency too long to be useable.  The WiFi router is connected to the same Ethernet switch as my computer.  Nothing making any sense.

I wondered if perhaps there was something else on my network causing UDP packets to be dropped.  I found this tool, https://iperf.fr, for running UDP speed tests.  Ran a bunch of different UDP tests to a public iPerf3 server in NorCal (I'm in SoCal), perfect, no dropped packets and easily handled 6 parallel 1Mbps streams in either direction.

The only other thing I can think of is the comments regarding iPv6 vs IPv4.  What difference does that make?

Installing on Mac OSX 10.7.5
Posted by: Dennis B - 05-07-2020, 06:49 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (2)

It says on the download page that Jamkazam is compatible with OSX 10.7  I have updated the OS to the latest security patch etc … have reinstalled JamKazam app- still no luck.
I'm using OSX 10.7.5

See attachment photo of error

Any ideas?

Thanks - Dennis

(05-07-2020, 06:49 PM)Dennis B Wrote: It says on the download page that Jamkazam is compatible with OSX 10.7  I have updated the OS to the latest security patch etc … have reinstalled JamKazam app- still no luck.
I'm using OSX 10.7.5

See attachment photo of error

Any ideas?

Thanks - Dennis

Hmmm - I just double checked and now it says 10.8 required .... 2 days ago it was 10.7 ... that really sucks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Please don't force execution of JK Win64 client updates...
Posted by: Seisiuneer - 05-07-2020, 05:17 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (2)

Unfortunately, I've had to give up on JamKazam as of this morning because of it's insistence that it update itself on launch when a new client is required, with no way to exit.

There seems to be some kind interaction between JK and Avast Free Anti-virus on Windows 7 64-bit.  I can't prove it, but the behavior I've seen is consistent.

Every time one of these auto-updates launches, it locks up hard for me mid-update and I'm forced to manually power cycle the system. There is no way to kill the update process or even get to the Windows process monitor to kill the update process. 

I've had to do this many times now and it's very stressful knowing that I may destabilize the system every time I have to do one of these forced power cycles. 

I suggest please offering the option of just downloading the .msi file by default and let users manually install the update rather than automatically running it from the client.

If I manually disable the AV then do the update, it seems to be more stable, but the auto-updates don't give me a chance to quit the app, disable the AV and then run the updater.

Additionally, after the updates are installed using the manual .msi installer, please don't run the JK client, let the user run it on their own for the same reasons I list above.

While I appreciate that there have been near daily updates to the client recently to improve the product, the resulting chaos on my system just isn't worth the trouble anymore.

It's a shame because I have a configuration that has been working perfectly for JK, and I've actively worked to bring others on the platform.

It's just too disruptive for me to continue using until the auto-update situation is resolved.

Please consider offering the option to allow users to just download the .msi and install the updates on their own rather than attempting to auto update from the client itself.

Lightbulb White screen solved
Posted by: hunt - 05-07-2020, 02:46 PM - Forum: Help with Video Gear - No Replies

My system is a Windows 10 based engineering workstation. I had working video until about a week ago, but following an update to JK my video feed stopped working. While the light on my camera was on, my video window was white and blank, connected users saw my video as black.

I tried pausing virus protection. This restored video, and confirmed that the problem was in my virus protection settings.

The problem was caused by my virus protection software not recognizing JamKazam as a safe program. This causes the virus protection, in my case Kaspersky, to prohibit access to the computer's camera and audio. (Audio in this case would be the sound card, which i don't use.) Reclassifying JamKazam as trusted in Kaspersky solved the problem. It is possible that i will have to repeat this next time an update installs.

I hope this is helpful.

Find Session in 1.0.3712
Posted by: RolyB - 05-07-2020, 09:16 AM - Forum: New Feature Requests - No Replies

Separate tabs is a good idea but not having chat language and latency rating will make things rather random.
I will only discover I'm joining a session with unacceptable latency in a language I don't speak when it's too late.
Please put these back into the search results.
Thanks

Network test failed
Posted by: Maya - 05-07-2020, 06:55 AM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (4)

hello, is this problem caused by my router?
what should i do to fix it?
thank you

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Identify your instrument
Posted by: digitalDrummer - 05-07-2020, 02:26 AM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (3)

With more people using Jamkazam each day, I would suggest that it's more important than ever to ensure that your profile includes your instrument. It's annoying finding a jam and then joining only to find there's already someone playing your instrument in the jam - especially if you're a drummer or a bass player. So, please update your profile and make sure people can see what you play.

Find Session by Genre
Posted by: Mike Garrahan - 05-06-2020, 11:55 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - No Replies

Not really new, but I was using it before it went away!