Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,131
» Latest member: Ieacc
» Forum threads: 1,588
» Forum posts: 7,784

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Studio One output to Jamk...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 184
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 433
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,137
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 22,609
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,714
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,006
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,612
Silver plan time issue
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,635
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,696
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,726

Instrument Selection DIsappeared
Posted by: kcreary - 05-09-2020, 12:40 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

I have a Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 (3rd Gen) attached to my iMac running macOS Catalina. I am using a condenser mic on the 1st input and an electric bass on the 2nd input. Everything was working until this evening when I lost one input (somehow!) I can only seem to configure one input through the Scarlett 2i2, either the mic or the bass because when I try to add a 2nd track there is noability to select an instrument. The pulldown is grayed out.

Anybody have any ideas?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Mac user with AudioBox iTwo
Posted by: Doug N. - 05-08-2020, 09:35 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

Is anyone out there successfully running a PreSonus AudioBox iTwo with a Mac?

Packet loss
Posted by: surfinggrrrl - 05-08-2020, 04:20 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (2)

We are brand new here.  Set up with just pc speakers, and mic.  Testing this out, to see if it works,  before we connect with the interface.
We cannot preform the network test (unavailable)  When we do get to a open jam, we see a network packet loss error.  We closed that window and played anyway.    How do we know
if we are being heard?   causing latency?   We asked in Chat, but no one would respond.

Sorry for being such a newbie.  Any help appreciated.
Thanks
BA

Blue Snowball mic uses WDM driver and ASIO fails to install
Posted by: michaelryle - 05-08-2020, 01:58 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

I bought a Blue Snowball mic to use with jamkazam but I found that its latency and frame size are just as bad as the built-in mic on my laptop, presumably because they both use the WDM driver which jk says is "problematical."

So I downloaded ASIO4ALL to see if that would help but ASIO4ALL fails to install (W10 latest version). The install copies the user manual and quits. I tried it with the recommended W10 compatibility settings (Vista SP2) and got the same results.

How do I get an alternative to the "problematical" WDM driver?

I'd love to be able to be able to use jamkazam but I don't know what to do.

Thanks for the help and stay well.

Michael Ryle

Working in the UK and Ireland
Posted by: patrickbmccabe - 05-08-2020, 12:01 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (5)

Hi Folks,
I need to find out if the Software will work in the UK and Ireland... I see on some Youtube threads that it was not working out side Continental America.....

installing ASIO
Posted by: tpethen - 05-08-2020, 10:15 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

HI, I use the Native Instruments Komplete audio 1 interface, and windows 10 desktop computer and I cannot get any DAW to recognise the NI ASIO driver after several installs and re-installs. I use Jamkazam and it readily accepts the WDM drivers, but the latency is too high. Any help would be greatly appreciated

No more information about audio gear latency
Posted by: Gio Bell - 05-08-2020, 09:47 AM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (2)

Hello everyone. I appreciated the changes of the latest version of Jamkazam and I think we should thank the site managers for their efforts. But I think it would have been helpful to leave the information about the latency of each musician's audio gear. It is true that what matters is total latency including internet connection, however, to know this data you must first enter the session. Instead, when you are choosing the session, if you already see that a musician has an audio device with 35 ms of latency, even if he is in your own country, you can already foresee that playing together will be very problematic and you avoid joining sessions by wasting time and disturbing needlessly those who are already inside.

Recording final mix
Posted by: TomClayton - 05-08-2020, 09:40 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (2)

We made our first recording a few days ago. In my file manager all the tracks are showing as Uploaded, but the Mix has now been showing as Queued for several days. Is this normal, or is there something we are missing - I wondered if for example if all participants needed to be on-line for the mix to download.

Any help would be appreciated

Frame Size Latency Problem
Posted by: Detgyver - 05-08-2020, 04:59 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Hello everybody,

I'm new here. I'm using a Komplete Audio 6 interface under Windows 10 and I get a problem with the frame size (screenshot) can someone please tell me which setting can turn this off?

Thanks
Detgyver

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

May 6 update - crash trying to connect to session
Posted by: creckling - 05-08-2020, 03:11 AM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (1)

I jammed fine on Monday night for hours but tonight after the update:
1. I load jk and create a session.
2. Invite other person
3. they come in and are 'ghosted' in the ui
4. boom! jk crashes.

anyone else?
I tried resetting audio gear, rebooting router, rebooting mac (again), clearing jk cache files.

Sent in the files for debug - hopefully devs can fix it or provide info.

Catalina 10.15.1 OSX