Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,133
» Latest member: varocketry@hotmail.com
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,781

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
List of Audio Interfaces
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: stenio
05-13-2024, 05:44 AM
» Replies: 208
» Views: 507,846
Studio One output to Jamk...
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 371
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 632
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,591
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 24,044
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,857
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,554
Band connect with one rem...
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,940
Silver plan time issue
Forum: Miscellaneous
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,975
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 9,296

Question Acoustic Drum mics mute when chat mic is muted
Posted by: Scombs0120 - 05-10-2020, 09:54 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

I have 12 mics on my drum kit, routed through a Behringer Xr18, and it sounds great.  I use a separate chat mic through laptop usb.  When I mute my chat mic it also mutes my drums.   I dont want the chat mic picking up drums and cymbals.
Any help or advice for correcting this would be appreciated.  
Apologies if already covered somewhere, I searched and found nothing relevant.

New content in recorded folders - what is going on?
Posted by: Hans Peter Augustesen - 05-10-2020, 09:50 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

Here is two pictures of the content in a newly recorded folder.

As it can be seen, there has come some new file types

Interesting

Another thing is that those files are to short.

We recorded 3 minutes and 15 seconds

But the files has only 25 seconds duration.

Strange - I will look at it. with a hammer (not in this post/thread)

The content of "RT-mix_dropouts.csv":

timeStamp(s),duration(ms)

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Trouble Shoot Behringer UMC404HD setup
Posted by: 970harris - 05-10-2020, 08:17 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

Full disclosure, I am brand new to both JamKazam and audio interfaces.  Because I wanted to run both an accoustic guitar amp and an electric guitar amp (both of which will be mic'd into my audio interface) during prospective JamKazam sessions, as well as sing, I purchased an interface with 4 inputs --- the Behringer U-Phoria UMC404HD.

I downloaded the driver for this interface onto my computer, as well as the JamKazam app, but can't figure out why, at the end of the audio input set up process, I can't hear anything from any of my 3 mic's out of my headphones.

Here's a rough overview of my rig and what I did during setup. 

Input 1 on the UMC404HD is my vocal mic (SM58).  Input 2 is for the mic on my electric guitar amp's speaker (SM57).  Input 3 is for the mic on my accoustic guitar amp's speaker (another 57).  I've verified the connections at both ends of all 3 XLR cables. 

The interface is connected to my computer with the USB cable.  There is a separate power cord for the interface; it's plugged in and the "power" LED is lit on the interface.  Headphones are plugged in and, when I check the volume, it shows the Behringer interface as the audio source and the volume at 100%.  

I am hard wired from my computer to my router with ethernet cable.  

So I started with "Add New Gear".  Chose the dedicated Behringer interface (I downloaded the one specifically for the UMC404HD to my computer, it shows as the "UMC ASIO Driver" in JamKazan) from the input source menu; all 4 input ports then showed up as did the two output ports.

Commenced the network diagnostics, both latency and I/O were green so I went on to the next step of configuring the inputs.  I set both input "channel" options for the first "track" to Input 1, and set the instrument to "voice".  Then I added the other two input ports in the same manner --- although both will have guitars coming through them, the signal is in fact coming in via XLR, so I set them to "voice" as well.

After configuring inputs 1-3, and skipping over the chat mic step since I'll have a vocal mic running, I then arrived at the page where you are supposed to disable direct monitoring on your interface, if it has that feature.  I don't see that the UMC404HD does.  So I hit the "Play" button.  It looks like I should have signal in my headphones at that point from all 3 microphones, but I have nothing from any of them.

So I went back to the interface to check things.  Gain on all 3 inputs is set at 12 o'clock.  All three are set to Line as opposed to Instrument input. While I was speaking into the vocal mic, I dialed both the "Mic' and "Main Out" buttons all the way open and closed, as well as pu$ng the Monitor A / B switch in and out a couple of times.  No change; still can't hear anything in my phones.  Nothing if I open up a solo Session, either.

Anybody have any ideas?  Also, if JamKazam support is available, how do I get to them?  The URL for their support page fails whenever I click on it...

Thanks!

Everyone is greyed out
Posted by: pforman - 05-10-2020, 07:55 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (2)

I'm unable to connect to anyone and have attached the log file here.  Can someone tell me what we are doing wrong. 

Thanx

Create Future Session - can't upload files at creation, can't add comment to the sess
Posted by: GuyWithDogs - 05-10-2020, 04:13 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (1)

I just created a future session. I wanted to upload some PDF files. Didn't expect it to work when I was creating the session (it hasn't worked before, and I didn't think that got fixed in the latest updates.) The upload didn't work.

So I thought I'd put some links in the Session Comments to point to shared Google Drive folders where interested parties could get the charts. Only when I go the session by finding it and clicking the header, I get the session information BUT I am unable to currently write a session comment.

Do I need to wait a little bit, or is there some way I can enable the comments?

OK - a quick reply to my own issue, because I stumbled into a way to do what I want.

I went into the "Create Session" page, and my scheduled session was there. Clicked on that, and got to the "Session Details" page.

At the top right is a "Session Page" button, and I clicked that. This took me into a browser page that opened Jamkazam (so I was no longer in the app). Had to sign in again, but I ended up on the session page, as me, but the comment section now worked. So I was able to put my links into the session page.

Sort of a round-a-bout way of getting there, but I was able to do what I wanted.

Won't find AudioBox itwo interface
Posted by: Mark Gammell - 05-10-2020, 02:54 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

I'm trying to get everything set up. When I scan, my Mac won't acknowledge my Presonus AudioBox iTwo interface. I hit Instructions and it starts to go to a website that never loads. it also will not recognize the built in camera. What now?

Delete "friend"
Posted by: franmon - 05-10-2020, 08:41 AM - Forum: New Feature Requests - Replies (1)

How can I delete "friends" in my friends list ?

THX

Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Gen
Posted by: Nicole T - 05-10-2020, 06:08 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

Hi- I am having trouble getting my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 2nd Generation EAI to have passable latency. If you have some ideas on how I can tweak the settings, please let me know.

Thanks,

Nicole T.

Cant install new update
Posted by: stenio - 05-10-2020, 12:39 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (2)

Anyone else having issues with most recent update?

Reset Audio Settings Command
Posted by: Lex Music - 05-10-2020, 12:11 AM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (4)

A few friends of mine tried but failed setup Audio Cards In/Out ports. At least one friend is unable to make changes to these wrong settings and is stuck.  My question is this:
Does the 'Reset Audio Setting' command clears JK settings as if starting anew?
i.e. is this a good way to reset any incorrect audio card settings?

This command is under:  Manage / Audio Settings / configuration / Reset Audio Settings