Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,133
» Latest member: varocketry@hotmail.com
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,781

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
List of Audio Interfaces
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: stenio
05-13-2024, 05:44 AM
» Replies: 208
» Views: 507,364
Studio One output to Jamk...
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
04-25-2024, 01:53 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 370
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 631
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Views: 2,586
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 24,025
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Views: 1,857
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 4,550
Band connect with one rem...
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,935
Silver plan time issue
Forum: Miscellaneous
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,952
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 9,280

Samson G-Track Pro USB Mic
Posted by: donsayegh@yahoo.com - 05-11-2020, 06:14 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

Has anyone use a Samson G-Track Pro USB Mic on JamKazam?  If so, how was it's performance.

Recorded Tracks not synchronised
Posted by: Johannes - 05-11-2020, 03:38 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (51)

I noticed that the individual tracks of a recording are not in sync. We made a recording of our session this morning, just two of us. I started the recording, everything uploaded fine, all bars are green. The final mix is still queued but that seems a "feature". I don't need it, I will do the mixing myself, so I loaded the tracks into the daw, but they are not in sync, so I had to move one by approximately 200 ms. 

I assume this is the time it takes from my "record" command, until the remote party's JamKazam start recording locally. It is not really a problem, but I would like to know exactly how much I have to compensate the offset, and not guess. Any tipps?

It seems that once I have adjusted the offset, everything is fine from start to end.

Sample Rate set to 48, records at 44.1
Posted by: Johannes - 05-11-2020, 03:23 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

Hi,

we had great success this morning rehearsing classical music over the internet from Berlin to St.Gallen, fantastic!

We both had our interfaces set to 48kHz sampling rate, however, when I looked at the files from a test recording, I notice they are at 44.1kHz!

Question: Does JK just adjust the setting to 44.1 anyway? My MOTU certainly always showed 48kHz on the diplay. 
Or does it convert the rate at some stage, and at which stage does this happen?

We were going to make some videos, so we would prefer to record at 48kHz, is that possible? If not, I guess it is better to set the interfaces to 44.1 from the start.

A bit of a mystery to me.

Thanks, Johannes

Block function must come back! - Quickly! - Need it!
Posted by: Hans Peter Augustesen - 05-11-2020, 03:01 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (12)

Block function in sessions must come back! - Quickly! - Need it!

No motivation should be needed for that

It just must be there - soon!

Motivation - for Prinz Knut

Otherwise, I (and others, for that matter) cannot use this approach:

"Semi OPEN SESSION

People with bad internet connection (crackling, sound breaking up und so weiter) may not be allowed to stay.

If I regard a connection too crappy and so I will kick the person out - maybe without further notice.

People with too high latency in relation to me or others may also be kicked out in the same maner.

The same for people that dont respond to charges".

Metronome issue
Posted by: Mobike - 05-11-2020, 03:01 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - Replies (3)

I like the metronome and believe, if used properly, it is very helpful to keep players in sync as much as possible.  Jamming yesterday with a fellow in Paris, France (I'm in Oregon) and we played along together nicely.

Anyway, as we were using the metronome it would stop and the metronome window close when someone joined the session.  

Obviously, I would like for that not to happen but also would like that only the person who opened the metronome could close it.  Those that may not want to listen to it could mute it but not accidentally (or otherwise) make it go away for everyone.

Thanks.

New and not Tech savvy
Posted by: cfbwey - 05-11-2020, 12:00 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (3)

Hi I'm new to online sessions and also new to using tech with music. I play Bodhran and various stringed instruments, I have a dynamic Yoga mic, Berhinger Xenyx 502. My PC has SSD is fast I have the option for using Linux or Windows 10 and I have a webcam that takes up a USB port and audio input separately. I also have a Bandlab Link analogue. I can set up Jamkazam upstairs from my computer using just the webcam and onboard mic but the latency is about 40ms which is far too long making me very unpopular as the drummer. I can improve on that by running a very long line through the house upstairs direct from my router but Windows settings only give me the option for a webcam or a mic? So the other day I set up downstairs on a cheap laptop, with on board camera, using my beringer and microphone and headphones watched all the videos, altered all the settings accordingly all was working fine in the test session but the minute I join the other musicians all I got was ear bleeding feedback I had to turn all the setting on the mixer down to virtually nothing. I couldn't hear them but they could not hear me swearing like a tropper. I've been thinking of getting a condenser mic that maybe I could use with the Bandlab link on my PC any thoughts?

Loopback Test
Posted by: RichardRKenyon@msn.com - 05-11-2020, 05:29 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (4)

I'm a JB newbie trying to make the initial latency test using a Behringer UM2 interface. To make the loopback test do I need to plug a cable between the headphone jack and the Inst2 jack? I'm using a condenser mic input. Behringer suggests an ASIO4ALL driver for their UM2.

"streammix available and is ready to share"- GOOD !!!
Posted by: Hans Peter Augustesen - 05-11-2020, 01:14 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

For the first time in 6 months or so, I have recieved this message (see image 1)

Another 5-month-old recording was also mixed a few weeks ago, but as far as I can remember, I was not notified.

In any case, this is a happy news

Unfortunately, the web-link function still doesn't work, fully.

The message is still AUDIO DID NOT START - in Firefox and Internet Explorer, in Windows (see image 2).

BREAKING NEWS !!!

Seven (7) recordings from the last 4 hours is now mixet by the server.

That is extremely good news

Ready to hear here in JamKazam and share on the web

Bravo!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Using Powerline adapters
Posted by: rwjearle - 05-11-2020, 12:13 AM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (1)

As I can't get within 100 feet of my router, I've been using D-Link AV2000 powerline adapters, which provide bandwidth of up to 2 Gbps. These have worked for me before with fantastic results, but tonight I went to join a jam session and I got messages that nobody could receive packets from me (I'm not really sure what that means), and it suggested that I run the Network Test. When I did, the test seemed to think that I was using a WiFi connection. I ignored it, ran the test anyway, and then it timed out.

Has anyone else used powerline adapters? What is your impression of them for use with JamKazam? Do you think this would have anything to do with the network test timing out?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Bob Earle

Session Scheduling - Disappearing Sessions
Posted by: Lex Music - 05-10-2020, 10:44 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (5)

With every JamKazam 'forced' software upgrade previously scheduled sessions disappear
- sessions that were set to occur weekly disappear
- sessions set for a future time disappear

Has anyone else experienced these (relatively minor) problems?
Does anyone have any tips to solve this?

Also, does anyone have any tips for session creations from an existing session: i.e. copying all of the session parameters to quickly create a new session?

Cheers, Lex