• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Packet loss
We are brand new here.  Set up with just pc speakers, and mic.  Testing this out, to see if it works,  before we connect with the interface.
We cannot preform the network test (unavailable)  When we do get to a open jam, we see a network packet loss error.  We closed that window and played anyway.    How do we know
if we are being heard?   causing latency?   We asked in Chat, but no one would respond.

Sorry for being such a newbie.  Any help appreciated.
Thanks
BA
Welcome to JK....no apology required, we are all new to this technology.

When you open up a 'solo session', what you hear is what is being returned back from the 'cloud', others will hear the same depending on the quality of their internet connection. The quality of the audio from a pc/mac mic is marginal, using an audio interface improves the audio dramatically.

JK will test your audio interface when you initially set it up (latency/jitter). The network test is intermitent.

Enjoy!!!
(05-08-2020, 04:20 PM)Lsurfinggrrrl Wrote: We are brand new here.  Set up with just pc speakers, and mic.  Testing this out, to see if it works,  before we connect with the interface.
We cannot preform the network test (unavailable)  When we do get to a open jam, we see a network packet loss error.  We closed that window and played anyway.    How do we know
if we are being heard?   causing latency?   We asked in Chat, but no one would respond.

Sorry for being such a newbie.  Any help appreciated.
Thanks
BA

I did a few simple tests when I first signed on to see how things worked. Lots of solo sessions at first, and before I purchased an interface I used headphones plugged into my Mac a lot. Any headphones will probably be better than monitoring via pc speakers. 
I’d suggest even using a pair from an old iPod or something over the speakers. 

You may want a pair with a mic built in if you are going to use them for chat, but not really for singing. Headphones are clutch for JK success.