Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,108
» Latest member: tomgdavi@gmail.com
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
1 hour ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 3
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,657
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 19,786
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,453
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,400
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 984
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,031
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 7,832
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 13,761
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 462

Recording audio + video
Posted by: therealgps - 04-18-2020, 09:49 PM - Forum: Help with Video Gear - Replies (9)

We've done a couple of tests, recording a session with audio + video, and each time, the only video that gets recorded is the video of the person who created the session. Is that how it is, for now, or am I doing something wrong? I've tried both "my webcam only" and "all webcams" (I think that was the other option).

No Network Test Servers Are Available [network test]
Posted by: ElijahLynn - 04-18-2020, 08:16 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (2)

I am trying to get up and running and every attempt to hear others I hear a lot of crackling, I get a pop up saying that either I am not receiving packets from others or they can't from me (I forget which right now) and it says to run the network test (which there is no direct way to do this from the pop up btw, there should be) and I finally found the network test and it just says "No network test servers are available". 

Others can hear me without crackle, fwiw, but they did say I sound like I have a delay. First step is to get the crackles figure out and to get the network test working. 

IMO, there should be a status.jamkazam.com page to monitor status of the servers.

I can hear them, they can't hear me, this wasn't a problem last weekend
Posted by: vhm - 04-18-2020, 07:23 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (2)

I had JK working great last weekend. But now when I'm in a session with friends they hear me very faintly or not at all. I can hear myself just fine and I can record and play back locally. My input volume is turned all the way up in the Windows control panel and in the JK audio booster window. I've tried rescanning and resyncing a bunch of times.

This is an older laptop with WDM drivers, and I'm using the built-in mic and also trying an external mic. But like I said, last weekend it worked fine and that was with the built-in mic. The only thing that I think has changed is I that took the Windows 10 update on 4/16. (My friends are on Mac and Windows 8 so the update didn't affect them.) Anyone else seen this?

Ability to skip in FLAC audio files
Posted by: jacxyz - 04-18-2020, 06:58 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - No Replies

When opening a WAV audio file in a session it works fine to skip to different locations in the track. When opening the audio file in the FLAC format the track always has to be started from the beginning. It would be useful to also be able to skip when playing audio files in the FLAC format.

Ability to have multiple audio files opened
Posted by: jacxyz - 04-18-2020, 06:30 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - No Replies

In a JamKazam session it would be a useful feature to be able to have multiple audio files opened, making it easier to switch between playing different backing tracks during a session.

Support for high resolution displays using Windows 10 scaling
Posted by: jacxyz - 04-18-2020, 06:25 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - Replies (4)

When opening JamKazam in Windows 10 on a screen with a high resolution (3840 / 2160) the JamKazam Window becomes very small and hard to read. 

For other applications this can be handled in Windows 10 by going to "PC Settings" -> Display -> "Scale and Layout" a choosing a setting of "200%". 

JamKazam does not seem to support Windows 10 scaling however, and the Window remains very small and hard to read.

It would be useful if this feature could be supported in the future.

Apogee Quartet, ASIO, audio.ini and buffer size
Posted by: wsimard - 04-18-2020, 09:38 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

Hi !

JamKazam is working on my side, except that I have some crackling noise with my Apogee Quartet in ASIO (Win10).

My buffer size in my ASIO panel is at 8. I think I tried almost everything to get this setting a bit higher, since I'm 99 % confident the problem is there.

- If I change the setting in the ASIO panel, as soon as the audio engine start in JK, it goes back to 8.
- If I choose "tweaking your setup" option in the Audio Gear menu when I set a new setup, there's 3 settings (slow, medium, fast). Changing this option changes the buffer size in my ASIO panel. But as soon as I continue and start a solo session, it goes back to 8 again.
- I changed both "framesize" option in the audio.ini file from 110 to 440. The first time I did it, it worked, but sound was really bad (But I'm not sure if I had others issues at that time). Now, if I change that setting, as soon as the audio engine starts, it stay at 8 and that option goes back to "110" in that file. I uninstalled JK, reinstalled, and I can't get this framesize stay at 440. I don't understand why/how it worked only the first time.

If anyone has an idea/clue, let me know. Also, are the developers active ? Is this the kind of bugs they are working on ? Are they releasing updates frequently ?

Thank you !

Apple Airport Extreme
Posted by: PDOG - 04-18-2020, 07:46 AM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - No Replies

Hi.. Im going a bit crazy trying to work this out, but I cannot get audio through my ATC (Apple Time Capsule).
My set is as follows.
I have an IMAC connected to (ethernet) and my apple time capsule that is L3 connected to my WAN router/MODEM.
I have set a static IP on my IMAC and used the port forwarding function on the ATC for UDP 12000-12010 from the public IP to the static pate IP of my IMAC and no audio gets through..
WHEN I ethernet connect my IMAC directly into the Router/MODEM uplink L3 port it all works !..
So the app setup on my IMAC is fine.
Can someone please tell me why the ATC is not allowing it to work ?
And to add some additional craziness to this, I occasionally am able to send and receive audio to other players in a session. 1 or 2 out of maybe 6 other users in the session are not greyed out, but this is ONLY when I am connected via the ATC..
Please Help!   Im going nuts over this
Cheers Pb

Open: Audio File - MP3 Compatibility
Posted by: KennyO - 04-18-2020, 03:42 AM - Forum: New Feature Requests - Replies (1)

In a Session, in the Recorded Audio column, there is a feature - Open: Audio File.

WAV files open and playback perfectly.

MP3 files are greyed out and cannot be opened.

It would be great if you could add the abilitlity to open MP3 files to playback during a session.

Thanks!!

Disappearing sessions?
Posted by: fivebeforechaos@gmail.com - 04-18-2020, 12:44 AM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (8)

Is there any rhyme or reason to why sessions disappear?

I'd set up a private session a few weeks ago, after I got some RSVP's, I was all set to schedule it, and it was gone. Then, I set up another scheduled (but open) session for tonight, and now that's gone. Is there some setting I should be checking off, or something?