Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,122
» Latest member: Markelov69
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 274
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,936
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,353
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,612
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,751
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,358
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,389
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,251
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,292
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 545

Symbol with musical instrument
Posted by: Gio Bell - 04-20-2020, 07:47 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (7)

Hello everyone. I am sorry if I ask a question already asked by someone else but I have looked for the answer and I have not found it. So, I understood that it is not currently possible to customize the avatar because the function is not implemented. For now the only option is the one with the symbol of the head with the headphones. However, I am interested in the other small circle, the one in which the symbol of the instrument should appear. Many people (me too) have only the symbol of the musical note and the word "other" and this makes it difficult to identify immediately if in a session there is already the instrument that you play (in my case the drums) and therefore it is useless to try to to come in. How do you make the musical instrument symbol appear? If I go to my personal profile I see the circle with drums symbol but in the session section you can see the generic one. Thanks and sorry again if the answer has already been given.

Presonus StudioLive RML 32AI
Posted by: Ralph Detko - 04-20-2020, 04:59 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

Hi, first time posting.

I recently started using JamKazam and it is a great program. I am using a Presonus StudioLive RML 32AI as my audio interface with a MacBook Pro running MacOS Sierra connected to the internet via Ethernet. In the following I have used normal mode and safe mode 1 which affects the buffer size, but it has not had an impact on performance of JamKazam. In the following description, JamKazam will sometimes hang rather than crash. 

Originally I successfully followed the initial set up procedure and got into a session, after a few reboots and help from someone who had already been using JamKazam.

Since then, if I start JamKazam and go straight to starting a SESSION, the program will crash.

If I confirm my audio interface shows up in AUDIO PROFILE and I start a SESSION it will invariably crash, unless I do certain things.

After crash and restarting JamKazam, from Drop down menu select AUDIO GEAR to return to the AUDIO PROFILE menu. 
Occasionally my audio interface profile will appear but will be greyed out and I can not ACTIVATE it, or access even through ADD NEW GEAR. I will then reboot my entire system.

If it does appear in AUDIO PROFILE (not greyed out)...

1. If I slect CONFIGURE - Crashes 99% of the time. If I do get into the CONFIGURE screens, once I start adding channels it will usually crash after I add the 3rd channel.

2. After restarting JamKazam, in hopes of helping JamKazam connect to my interface, I select ADD NEW GEAR. I skip the Understand Your Gear video as I have watched it. After the RESCAN I select my Interface from the drop down menu, wait for it to complete latency test (GOOD)

Then I select BACK, which goes back to the Understand Your Gear window. If I select CANCEL, it will sometimes hang or crash.

If it does not crash, I'm returned to the AUDIO PROFILES screen and select BACK

If it does not crash, I proceed to start a SOLO SESSION, whereupon it will sometimes crash
If it does not crash, it will eventually show the audio inputs I have selected and be working.

At this point I can usually have someone join the SESSION (or have them invite me to one) and it remains stable till we LEAVE.

I want to add more channels as I have keyboards, guitar, drums etc.

Since I cannot access CONFIGURE from the AUDIO PROFILES screen, I will select SETTINGS from within the SESSION. I will then be able to add or update my inputs, however as soon as I add a new channel it crashes before I can SAVE SETTINGS. Then I need to go through the multiple restarts, reboots of my computer and my audio interface, and multiple crashes. 

Often after finally having a SESSION open successfully, either my inputs will appear along with the new channel I added just before it crashed and I will SAVE SETTINGS, or my inputs will have changed to just one input channel, and all my changes would be lost, even after having selected SAVE SETTINGS.

Note that it can easily take 1 hour to get a stable session, which is a problem when others are waiting for me to connect.

Is it possible there is a conflict between JamKazam and my interface orr my computer?As I said once I get the SESSION up, there are no problems. The problem is with cra$ng every time I change the AUDIO PROFILE (i.e. try to add channels or even connect to the interface initially).

Please help me get this great application running smoothly 

Thank you,
Ralph
Toronto Canada

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Delete a band profile
Posted by: thebluesman99@hotmail.com - 04-20-2020, 04:16 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

How can i remove a band profile that I created?

Frame Size Error
Posted by: Eddie Josephs - 04-20-2020, 02:43 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

How do I correct - When in solo session - diags - get a red dot on audio interface frame size 10ms?
Using PreSonus Studio 24c - have Universal Control and Studio One 4, also running.

Jam session destruction
Posted by: AradoJam - 04-20-2020, 12:21 AM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (2)

Hello,

I established a jam session based on time and RSVP. I was testing the program. Everything was working fine till about 1/2 hour (19:00 EST) into the session. We discussed using the metronome on the software. I established it. One in my party commented it was at 120. I went to adjust it to 100 and... Gone. The session disappeared. IT was delisted. 

I went to go back in. I went under the Music Genre. It was not listed. I went under my listed sessions and it was there. I clicked on one and it was not listed. Did the server(s) hiccuped? 

I see another similar thread. This might be linked. I desired to not muddy the experience.

ASIO button missing / WDM only available
Posted by: lillloyd - 04-19-2020, 10:08 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (7)

Hello everyone,

I'm new to Jamkazam and am trying to set up for the first time.  

I'm using a UA interface (Apollo x8, Thunderbolt 3) and the latest version of Windows 10 (patched).  

When I go to set up the audio interface under "Select and Test Audio Gear", I only see "(UAD2 Wave)- WDM".  

In fact, I *only* see WDM driver versions - no ASIO.  And I don't have an ASIO button, just "RESYNC".  Finally, if I go to Manage | Audio Settings | Open ASIO Panel, I get an error saying "You must first activate your ASIO device".

In any event, the test results fail on the UA Apollo WDM.  I'm assuming this will all work fine once I get ASIO recognized (I see other posters saying that UA Apollo Twin works).

FWIW the Apollo works fine outside of Jamkazam.  

What am I missing here?  Any input would be appreciated, thanks!

Intermittent distortion & pulsating
Posted by: ROCKAHELLER - 04-19-2020, 10:02 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

Hello All,
    I have a DEll Inspiron 15R 64 bit dual processor laptop working with Windows 7 Pro. I bought the recommended Behringer UMC202HD audio interface. My latency is green (8.2ms), input jitter is green (0.00 to .50 ms), output jitter is green (0.00 to .33 ms) gear driver is green ASIO. But my frame size is red at 10 ms, and saying "Your gear is reading and writing at a slow rate, causing a decent amount of latency before the internet is involved. I've checked for any firewalls, and that isn't an issue. My bandmate hears me clear as a bell, but I get intermittent pulsating distortion. Any clues on what's going on here?
Thanks in Advance

Music Jamtracks: Playback
Posted by: twin4 - 04-19-2020, 09:20 PM - Forum: Help with JamTracks - Replies (10)

When recording with a song on jamtracks everything seems to be find until I listen to the playback, my guitar is not in sync with the song. Im not getting any latency warnings. Is there a way to improve this. Connected direct via ethernet cable At&t to Microsoft Surface Pro. Asio set to lowest. New to Jam Kazam. Thanks! Dave.

„No Audio“ notice - connecting problems
Posted by: Clintchen - 04-19-2020, 07:48 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - Replies (3)

Hi all,

We‘ve tried to do a session with 4 musicians in total (all clients connected  with our routers by LAN). We all were connected in JamKazam but 2 guys were greyed out with „no audio“ notice. Musician a and b were able to communicate over JamKazam as well as musicians c and d. But we didn‘t were able to play altogether.
We restarted Route and computers but without effect.

I would be appreciated if you could give me some help. What can I do?

Thanx
Roman

Echo in the audio output on JamKazam
Posted by: fjohn.gustafson@gmail.com - 04-19-2020, 06:33 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

I am using JamKazam with a Focusrite Scarlett 4i4 audio interface. The interface works great by itself, but when I connect to JamKazam there is an echo in the voice and instrument audio to my headphones. How do I get rid of the echo?