Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,124
» Latest member: Notbob
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 275
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,939
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,371
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,613
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,756
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,361
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,393
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,261
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,302
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 546

how to record myself with tracks using device mic
Posted by: JulieMac - 04-21-2020, 12:36 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

I just want to know how to record using my MacBook microphone. Have spent HOURS today. I do not have an interface and the video says you can do it without one but there is NOTHING explaining how to do that. How can I record myself with a JamTrack using the MacBook mic???

Tips to Improve Latency
Posted by: LeeBert - 04-20-2020, 10:27 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

Hey gang. Need your help. I think we need ONE specific thread with general recommendations for lowering latency for audio devices. If you scour all the threads there are tips, but we need them all listed together.

My audio device works, but I need to get my latency down. Would be great to have a list of "try these 10 things" all in one thread. Can y'all help me here?

And if this ends up being a useful thread, maybe an Admin can stick this so it stays at the top of this forum topic.

Captcha not working
Posted by: mdoolin - 04-20-2020, 10:04 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (6)

I just updated JamKazam this morning. I'm trying to create an account, and when I get to the last step, the Captcha won't take my mouse clicks. Either the squares won't respond, or if they do, the Submit button won't respond. And so, I can't create an account. Please help!

What can I do about very poor latency?
Posted by: threewanderers - 04-20-2020, 09:35 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (11)

Hello all.  I am a new user to JamKazam, and my technical skills are limited.  I would love to use JamKazam to jam with friends, on guitar primarily, but my latency appears to be very poor, it is consistently 79.8, or red.  Jitter in and out are green, as is gear driver.  However, frame size is also red, at 40 ms.  When I play with my friend, or play along with a jam track, there is a noticeable lag, which is very frustrating.

I am using a Windows laptop with Windows 10 (v 1903), processor is i7 6560U CPU, @ 2.2 Ghz, 16 gigs of RAM.  I am using, for now, the built in mic, and an ethernet cable, download speed 45.59 mbps, upload 5.0 mbps.

My question is this: what are the things I can do to improve (reduce) my latency?  Are there settings on my computer I can adjust, or is there equipment that I need to get?  Would an interface device improve my latency?  If I use an interface for my guitar, can I still use my computer's built in mic to talk to my jamming partner, or will I also have to buy an external mic?

If someone can make any suggestions to help me improve my JamKazam experience, I would be extremely grateful.  With the current coronavirus situation, this is the best way I can think of to keep playing music with other people, which is helping me to keep sane during this difficult time in all our lives! 

Joe
Oceanside, CA

Corrupt link - corrupt browser!?
Posted by: Hans Peter Augustesen - 04-20-2020, 07:43 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (2)

"Is there anybody who wants to listen to ..."

- Jul DROB`s (and DJ RS`a and mine) link

In whatever browser.

It should work in Safari and Chrome.

But appearently it is not working in Firefox and Internet Explorer.

Very annoying: "audio did not start" - it just say in Firefox and Explorer.

A first good question or two could be:

Is the link somehow corrupt?.

Or is it the browsers?

Opera, Microsoft Edge, Pale Moon, Vivaldi, SeaMonkey, Opera Neon, Basilisk, Yandex - you name it!

> https://www.jamkazam.com/recordings/2dc3...e91822f264

NB: One can find the actual (working!) recording in Jul DROBS profil/history. And of course in VIEW THE FEED.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

upgrade from USB → thunderbolt?
Posted by: waban - 04-20-2020, 04:52 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

Is it worth it to move up to a thunderbolt interface (using a recent iMac, Catalina OS, Fios)?

Has anyone made that upgrade? Was it worth it, or were you disappointed?

I’m seeing 7.8 ms audio latency with a 2009 USB 1.1 Apogee jam (after dropping the frame rate to 1).

Should I declare victory or could I improve my experience with a low end thunderbolt interface? 

What have you found?

Thanks!

Update gear to improve stats? Old vs new Mac.
Posted by: djs - 04-20-2020, 04:25 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (4)

I'm on a 2008 mac pro and using a firewire 800 interface.  Plenty of processing and memory on a SSD, but definitely older bus, etc.  Does anyone know if there would be any improvement on system latency and jitter if I were to upgrade to a new macbook pro with a thunderbolt or usb3 interface (assuming a good quality interface with low latency drivers)?  Thanks.

Question audio issues since last update of JamKazam Mac client - looking for help
Posted by: Giancarlo - 04-20-2020, 01:55 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (27)

My band had just been starting to successfully use JamKazam for our rehearsals when last Thursday’s update of the Mac client (1.20 - 1.0.3657) unfortunately broke the whole thing for us.

Since that update the audio stream during the sessions is being constantly chopped up for every participant while at the same time the app pops out a constant stream of alert notifications every 0.5 seconds or so: “network packet send error - attempting recovery. try rejoining the session”.

The “resync” button stops the audio chopping for a few seconds but then it starts all over…

The same thing happens to me we I try to jam with other people outside of my band - but  they still seem to hear each other.

We are desperately looking for a solution and hope someone can help:

• Does anyone else experience the same issues?
  • Has anyone found a solution?
  • Does anyone know what has been changed with the last update?

Dear devs, could you eventually revert back to the previous version of the client where everything was running just fine?

Any help highly appreciated. Thank you very much.

(Hardware involved: 4 different Macs with different OSX installed.)

Quick start group session?
Posted by: djs - 04-20-2020, 01:39 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - Replies (11)

Would love to see a quick start group session option.  

I only play with my band and it is a pain to have to keep setting up new sessions for us to start playing.  I would love to see an option at the end of a session setup to save the session for "quick start".  This would be set up just like a normal group session so you could specify who is invited, who can join, etc.  Then you just save it in the last window.  Then when you go to the main session window you will see your "quick start" or "saved" session ready to join.  Maybe with an option to automatically re-invite the same people into the session to make it easy.  So to get into a "new" session with your band (for example) all you have to do is go to the sessions page and click on the saved session.  That's it!  Two clicks and you are playing music!

This would be problematic for recordings and sharing I assume, but if people just want to play with a set group of people and nothing else this would be a huge time saver and make everything much easier.  

---------------
An alternative (and possibly better) way to do this would be to set up a group / band.  Within the band setup would be an option to "create a band session template".  That is where you setup you basic session and save it for future use.  You then will have an option from the main session window to "start a new band session".  Then have two options:

1) "Quick start", which could simply use a date and number to differentiate the sessions.  So if you do one session today it would be named "2020-04-20_1".  If you did a second session today it would be named "2020-04-20_2".  When you select that option it would automatically invite the rest of the group / band to join the session.  

2) "Custom", which would have options for a custom session name, recording, youtube sharing, inviting additional people, or making it an open session.  I envision this as a single window with checkboxes or something.  The idea being to provide fast access to modify the session options as quickly as possible and get to the music!  No one likes dealing with menus and setup when you are trying to play music.   

This would be a huge improvement and help to make the experience faster and easier for bands, which is likely the majority of new members right now.

No network test servers are available.
Posted by: Fabiano - 04-20-2020, 01:39 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (1)

Good morning,
i just installed jamkazam on my macbook.
MacBook:
13 inch, mid2014, Catalina, dual i5 CPU - 2.6 Ghz, 8 GB RAM, ethrnet-usb adapter.
ADSL (at home)
FASTWEB INTERNET + TELEPHONE
speed test
Download: Medium 7.644 Mb / s - Peak 8.588Mb / s
Upload: Average 0.434 Mb / s - Peak 0.533Mb / s
Latency: Average 47.07 ms - Minimum 45.97ms
Jitter: 3,135 ms
1 Disable the wifi connection and run the network test from the menu: manage.
2 I click the start network test button.
3 an alert window: No network test servers are available.
4 inside the "test results" window is: Audio: 0 and Video: 0 and The audio test did not pass.
How can I solve it?
Thanks a lot to everyone.