• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK forgetting port forwarding settings
I have properly configured my AT&T UVerse router and enabled port forwarding on UDP port 12000-12010.   Sometimes I can join a session and the other musicians can send me audio.   Even when I get this basic operation running, I find that JamKazam cannot remember the UDP port settings between sessions.   This has been very frustrating.   I am operating MacOS, and I know that I am "saving" the UDP port forwarding settings on the UVerse router (as I can still see that they are active when I examine the firewall settings).   JK does not recognize that the settings are correct, and now I'm forced to reconfigure every time.  Help.
Hi, dhjmusic!

Have you tried putting those same UDP ports into this JamKazam setting:

(MenuSmile
Manage --> Networking -- Configure Port Preferences

Always use the same set of UDP ports

Check the checkbox and set that value to the value you've configured in your router (or the lowest value in the range, if you've set a range of addresses).

This should allow the JamKazam client to "remember" that port.
Kevin
(04-22-2020, 06:09 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, dhjmusic!

Have you tried putting those same UDP ports into this JamKazam setting:

(MenuSmile
Manage --> Networking -- Configure Port Preferences

Always use the same set of UDP ports

Check the checkbox and set that value to the value you've configured in your router (or the lowest value in the range, if you've set a range of addresses).

This should allow the JamKazam client to "remember" that port.
Hi, Do you know if I can safely use ports 12011-12021 on my second device? Thank you
@dhjmusic, you do have a static IP specified for your Mac, right?

Also, looks like you have a similar discussion and question at:

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=806