Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,108
» Latest member: tomgdavi@gmail.com
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
2 hours ago
» Replies: 0
» Views: 5
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,658
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 19,786
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,453
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,401
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 988
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,031
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 7,832
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 13,762
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 462

Unable to Determine Network Type
Posted by: benwades - 05-02-2020, 08:39 PM - Forum: Help with Network Gear - Replies (2)

I'm getting this error when trying to test my network.

Unable to Determine Network Type
We are unable to determine if your computer is connected to your network using WiFi.

We strongly advise against running the JamKazam application on a WiFi connection. We recommend using a wired Ethernet connection from your computer to your router. A WiFi connection is likely to cause significant issues in both latency and audio quality.

Is there a fix for this?  The only way i connect is via Ethernet and my wifi is off. So Id on't know why it's having this issue.  My mac had no issues detecting if it was wifi or ethernet.  This is windows 10. 

If anyone has any quick thing to check that would be great!

Developer Access / Documentation
Posted by: ccl@2-4-h.com - 05-02-2020, 08:32 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

Hello Team.
Is there a "developer access"? Allowing Developers to integrate live streams into their own platforms?
The reason behind my question:
I plan to build a platform (no profit) for Musicians to stream there shows through jamkazam.
I know that you offer this service but the difference would be that my platform is dedicated to a specific type of music.
User can be subscriber - profit goes to the Musicians directly.
I would love to get your support for this project.
Cheers CCL

Can you publish a list of the prioritized fixes and features you're working on?
Posted by: GuyWithDogs - 05-02-2020, 03:40 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - Replies (4)

Most development projects these days have some sort of backlog where the items to be worked on (bugs to be fixed and features to be added) are prioritized and the process becomes a little more transparent for interested parties (stakeholders, clients, etc.)

Could you publish this sort of information? It might help alleviate some of the grumbling about things if you're actively working on it, and would allow instead for grumbling about the things you chose not work on.

Allow attachments to be uploaded when scheduling/creating session
Posted by: GuyWithDogs - 05-02-2020, 03:18 PM - Forum: New Feature Requests - No Replies

Attachments can be uploaded to a session that is active.

The upload attachments option is there when scheduling a session for a future time, but the system prevents attachments from being uploaded at that time.

As a session creator/scheduler, it would be very helpful for prospective players to be able to see the music/notes PRIOR to providing an RSVP, or to rehearse prior to the actual session time.

Workaround: what I've done is place the files on a shared drive in one of the cloud services and paste a link in the session comments, but having the feature (as it appears) work (as it appears it is intended to) would be very helpful.

Music How do I change my avatar in Jamkazam?
Posted by: singingcook - 05-02-2020, 02:13 PM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (8)

Hi
I have a Macbook Pro laptop.  I have downloaded the jamkazam app.  When I click on my Profile it doesn't allow me to change my avatar photo?
Attached is a screenshot of the error message I receive ...
Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks.
Georgina

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Chords for jam tracks
Posted by: getzion - 05-02-2020, 02:02 PM - Forum: Help with JamTracks - Replies (4)

Hi
Do jamkazam provide chords for jam tracks?
I downloaded
"Come Rain Or Come $ne" and there's a million different versions on web :-0

Unconscious posting of questions on the JamKazam Forum is not recommended
Posted by: Hans Peter Augustesen - 05-02-2020, 01:32 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

Appeal to all:

Unconscious posting of questions on the JamKazam Forum is not recommended

First use the search function.

Probably or hopefully one find a decent answer.

The JamKazam Forum is becoming very incomprehensible
- and if people are just getting rid of questions that have already been answered, it could end up being totally intolerable

For my part, I've begun to lose patience - I may end up abandoning the wild stream

Network check
Posted by: Jonathan W - 05-02-2020, 11:08 AM - Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems - Replies (1)

Today I tried to connect with a JK friend in Australia for a session, but could not (we communicated by WhatsApp!). Eventually I found that JK could not verify my network connection, even though I was using an Ethernet cable as instructed (audio and video set up registered as good)  When I tried to access the JK support desk - as suggested - it was unavailable.  This is still the case.  Can anyone help?  

Thanks,
Jonathan (UK)

Mac OS - How to lower latency and adjust Frame Rate
Posted by: ChrispyPalms - 05-02-2020, 09:46 AM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (2)

I'm using JamKazam on my iMac with an Alesis IO2 Express USB interface. The bottleneck is the latency for the Alesis that shows 13.1 ms. 
Is there a way to adjust the latency? 

Our drummer uses a MacBook Pro and his constraint is the Frame Rate. Can this be adjusted?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Brgds, CP

Etiquette for Joining sessions ?
Posted by: Cavery1962 - 05-02-2020, 09:40 AM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (8)

Is there any accepted etiquette, published or otherwise for joining sessions ?
We (myself and a drummer friend) are new to JamKazam and we set up a session for just the two of us yesterday and forgot to make it private.  While we we were getting started someone just joined and started playing their guitar over us, just playing their own thing, with no voice channel so although we tried to talk to them we got no reply.  In the end we had to cancel the session and start a new one and then lost a lot of time due to connection issues.  This behaviour was, to my mind incredibly rude and selfish so I was wondering what the view of other people on here is ?