• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio dropouts
So I'm running into a problem that looks suspiciously similar to the problems reported in this thread over on the Mac client problems forum.

I have a Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen (brand new!) connected to a Win10 PC. I just did a couple of test sessions with another band member. We ran into a bunch of problems that boil down to "JK audio drops out every minute or so". It did materialize in various ways though:

1. During setup, I ran into a bunch of issues. Mainly, in the audio gear config dialog, my input track(s) would just magically disappear... as in: I open the audio gear config, then I don't touch anything for 30 seconds (I just stare at it), and my one audio track (Input 1 on the Focusrite) just disappears. At this point, JK is very unhappy... I can't hit "Cancel" (it shows an error message), I can't re-add the input track (it shows more error messages), etc... I need to restart JK, although sometimes JK re-connects successfully to the Focusrite and everything is good again.

2. During the sessions, my audio track in JK would go gray for a second, and then the latency indicator would go red. At this point, I can't hear anything anymore, and my band mate can't hear me. I have to hit "Resync" and it works again. This would happen every 30 seconds or so, sometimes more often, sometimes less.

3. After a reboot, it started showing a bit differently... everything would look fine on my end (I can hear both my band mate and myself, the loudness meters are moving, etc.), but my band mate would report that he heard a loud pop, and then can't hear me anymore. I can still hear him and play with him, but he doesn't hear me. Again, hitting "Resync" solves the problem. Happens roughly as frequently as problem 2.

Thanks for any help!
(05-04-2020, 05:40 AM)ludovicchabant  Friend of mine was experiencing the same problem. Apparently it was caused by a VPN. When he came away from the VPN, the problem disapeared. Wrote: So I'm running into a problem that looks suspiciously similar to the problems reported in this thread over on the Mac client problems forum.

I have a Focusrite 2i2 3rd gen (brand new!) connected to a Win10 PC. I just did a couple of test sessions with another band member. We ran into a bunch of problems that boil down to "JK audio drops out every minute or so". It did materialize in various ways though:

1. During setup, I ran into a bunch of issues. Mainly, in the audio gear config dialog, my input track(s) would just magically disappear... as in: I open the audio gear config, then I don't touch anything for 30 seconds (I just stare at it), and my one audio track (Input 1 on the Focusrite) just disappears. At this point, JK is very unhappy... I can't hit "Cancel" (it shows an error message), I can't re-add the input track (it shows more error messages), etc... I need to restart JK, although sometimes JK re-connects successfully to the Focusrite and everything is good again.

2. During the sessions, my audio track in JK would go gray for a second, and then the latency indicator would go red. At this point, I can't hear anything anymore, and my band mate can't hear me. I have to hit "Resync" and it works again. This would happen every 30 seconds or so, sometimes more often, sometimes less.

3. After a reboot, it started showing a bit differently... everything would look fine on my end (I can hear both my band mate and myself, the loudness meters are moving, etc.), but my band mate would report that he heard a loud pop, and then can't hear me anymore. I can still hear him and play with him, but he doesn't hear me. Again, hitting "Resync" solves the problem. Happens roughly as frequently as problem 2.

Thanks for any help!

Friend of mine was experiencing the same problem. Apparently it was caused by a VPN. When he came away from the VPN, the problem disapeared.
Thanks for the tip! Sadly I'm not running any VPN. My PC is wired to a router, which is wired to the cable modem. The router shouldn't have any settings that are out of the ordinary...