JamKazam Forums
Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - Printable Version

+- JamKazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com)
+-- Forum: Jamkazam Forums (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=1)
+--- Forum: Help with Mac Client Problems (https://forum.jamkazam.com/forumdisplay.php?fid=9)
+--- Thread: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... (/showthread.php?tid=698)

Pages: 1 2

Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - stevant - 05-03-2020

I figure I’d write this here as with much troubleshooting my issue with my Mac was within my WiFi which has always been off but appears to still be producing an IP address causing major issues with Jamkazam.  This appears to have started last Saturday night before the update some Mac users are blaming. There have been some on Mac who have not experienced an issue but unfortunately I as many have.  Dimitri was a great help to work with me to determine that in Terminal we were able to see two IP addresses opening when Jamkazam started.  One via Ethernet and one WiFi.  Even though WiFi was off it was still generating an IP.  Here is my fix and I suggest others try it to see if signing back on with their Mac might attain a good outcome.  Give it a try.....

Go into system preferences, network, select WiFi and then the minus sign. (You can add back if ever needed) I never use WiFi on my Mac as it’s hooked up via Ethernet but the WiFi present was giving me dual IP addresses in my terminal. This got rid of the dual IP in terminal and now I’m not getting packet errors since last night. 

RE: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - Giancarlo - 05-04-2020

Hi Steve. Thank you for posting this workaround. I tried it yesterday but it didn't work for me. Do all the mac participants in your session have to remove Wifi from their network environment for this to work or only those getting "packet loss errors"?

RE: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - stevant - 05-04-2020

Only those getting the packet loss errors....... sorry it did not work for you. I assume you did a restart also afterwards and checked it was not there?

RE: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - jbuecker - 05-04-2020

FWIW ; I do not believe this to be necessary... I have always had success with WIFI interface enabled yet turned OFF...
Im curious to what terminal commands you were using to show that WIFI was picking up an IP Address while being turned off?

was it ipconfig getifaddr en0 ?

Please share if you can... I have never had issues with my mac players with wifi present yet turned off, and always remember to "set the SERVICE Order" of your Network Settings such that Ethernet is first and a=on top of WIFI connection .

~JB

It is on top.....In terminal I was running: netstat | grep udp. It was showing me two IP addresses. One under 192 and the second under 169. Both going after the same ports. Before the upgrade when Audio Console was visible when I opened JK and viewed the console, both were visible. I’ll try to attach pics.

Commands:

netstat -an | grep udp (run when JZ was opened you see both IP’s going after the same ports)
ifconfig | grep 192
ifconfig | grep 169
(Both visible when run one after the other, once WiFi removed 169 was gone)

RE: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - jbuecker - 05-04-2020

(05-04-2020, 07:44 PM)stevant Wrote: It is on top.....In terminal I was running: netstat  | grep udp.  It was showing me two IP addresses.  One under 192 and the second under 169.  Both going after the same ports.  Before the upgrade when Audio Console was visible when I opened JK and viewed the console, both were visible.  I’ll try to attach pics.

Commands:

netstat -an | grep udp (run when JZ was opened you see both IP’s going after the same ports)
ifconfig | grep 192
ifconfig | grep 169
(Both visible when run one after the other, once WiFi removed 169 was gone)
Interesting, but i could not reproduce this issue on my MacBook pro running Mojave.  Perhaps this is different for different Ones.
With My wifi existing in Network options (YET TURNED OFF), I only see reference to my Ethernet Connection.
I am assuming you have disabled IPV6 in Manage / Network / Ip Protocol.?  Perhaps unrelated... just odd I am not seing the same result as you..... glad it's working for you now. 
~JB

Thankfully all good now JB!

RE: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - AlohaMike - 05-05-2020

Thank you Stevant and Dimitri for trouble shooting this.  My packet loss problem has now gone away.  I can now play with six others nearly trouble free.

RE: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - LALA MUSIC - 05-05-2020

Hi,

I have a strange behaviour with Jamkazam, when I am in a session maximum 2-3 persons can hear me, the others have up to 100% packet loss from me and cannot hear me well or at all.
I can hear everybody just fine. I tried the resync button, but it is not helping, also tried to remove WIFI from my mac (Network-> Minus sign over WIFI), no good result.
I also tried to use another windows PC and same problem. I tried several Audio Booster config without success.
UPNP is activated on V4 network section of my router. I can redirect port with my router but for now it is not used.

Any ideas to help ?

RE: Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved.... - Dimitri Muskens - 05-06-2020

(05-05-2020, 06:40 PM)LALA MUSIC Wrote: Hi,

I have a strange behaviour with Jamkazam, when I am in a session maximum 2-3 persons can hear me, the others have up to 100% packet loss from me and cannot hear me well or at all.
I can hear everybody just fine. I tried the resync button, but it is not helping, also tried to remove WIFI from my mac (Network-> Minus sign over WIFI), no good result.
I also tried to use another windows PC and same problem. I tried several Audio Booster config without success.
UPNP is activated on V4 network section of my router. I can redirect port with my router but for now it is not used.

Any ideas to help ?

>>>
Is it always the same people that can't hear you?
Does this only happen to you in these sessions where this occurs?
Does it also happen when you join a session with already more than three jammers?