• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
no webcam detected (but used to work)
(04-10-2020, 07:41 AM)herman Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 02:28 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 09:48 PM)MegaPixel Wrote: Why did they roll back something that was working?

Hi, MegaPixel - you can see the announcement here. The macOS app was not properly signed. I've asked JamKazam if they can post/provide an update on the release expected 4/7, and am awaiting a reply.
Hi Kevin, why is it so difficult to get in contact with JK to get an answer? Many people do mis their webcam detection. Many remarks seen the last week. Really hope  for a quick fix.....Success

Hi, Herman! I can't speak for JamKazam, but I imagine they're quite busy! :-) I'm sure they'll update the client/advise as soon as possible.
Kevin
Also , they could get an alternative webcam as DLSR as webcam inside the soft
Thumbs Up 
(04-10-2020, 07:50 PM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 07:41 AM)herman Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 02:28 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-09-2020, 09:48 PM)MegaPixel Wrote: Why did they roll back something that was working?

Hi, MegaPixel - you can see the announcement here. The macOS app was not properly signed. I've asked JamKazam if they can post/provide an update on the release expected 4/7, and am awaiting a reply.
Hi Kevin, why is it so difficult to get in contact with JK to get an answer? Many people do mis their webcam detection. Many remarks seen the last week. Really hope  for a quick fix.....Success

Hi, Herman! I can't speak for JamKazam, but I imagine they're quite busy! :-) I'm sure they'll update the client/advise as soon as possible.

Heart SHOUTOUT to the Jamkazam devs Heart who did an excellent work with this application! I also used it before but you guys now make my day during the lockdown (Italy). I'm on Mojave and all is working pretty good!... Some friends upgraded to Catalina and they lost the video feature. They can't authorize the Camera for Jamkazam under Security and Privacy (Jamkazam icon is missing there). Hoping that Catalina's fixes coming soon! Do good work! And Jamkazam users: be patient, this is a FREE awesome application! (I'd pay for it though.. Big Grin ) Again thanks guys!
[quote pid='714' dateline='1586343970']
(04-05-2020, 06:51 PM)I have been trying to use Jamkazam for my band for several weeks. I got my hopes up when video started working on my Mac so we decided to try again. Now it is not working and I hope they can fix it soon. Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 01:18 PM)herman Wrote: I may have changed some setting ??  i used to have possibility to share video.  But now my macbook webcam not detected anymore?? What setting is wrong?

herman, there was a Mac update that fixed this; however, it was rolled back yesterday, as the JamKazam team is working on an install issue.

Here's the post about it. The team "will be able to make a release with the vide fix on April 7th barring major issues."
Kevin , any idea or planing for the fix ?
[/quote]

Hi, Herman! I've asked JamKazam about the release, and am awaiting a reply.
(04-11-2020, 02:38 AM)sdadell@hotmail.com Wrote: [quote pid='714' dateline='1586343970']
(04-05-2020, 06:51 PM)I have been trying to use Jamkazam for my band for several weeks. I got my hopes up when video started working on my Mac so we decided to try again. Now it is not working and I hope they can fix it soon. Wrote:
(04-05-2020, 01:18 PM)herman Wrote: I may have changed some setting ??  i used to have possibility to share video.  But now my macbook webcam not detected anymore?? What setting is wrong?

herman, there was a Mac update that fixed this; however, it was rolled back yesterday, as the JamKazam team is working on an install issue.

Here's the post about it. The team "will be able to make a release with the vide fix on April 7th barring major issues."

[/quote]

Herman, not yet! If the reply doesn't come in the form of a public post, I'll post what I hear as soon as I hear it.
Kevin
(04-11-2020, 04:04 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:
(04-11-2020, 02:38 AM)sdadell@hotmail.com Wrote: [quote pid='714' dateline='1586343970']
(04-05-2020, 06:51 PM)I have been trying to use Jamkazam for my band for several weeks. I got my hopes up when video started working on my Mac so we decided to try again. Now it is not working and I hope they can fix it soon. Wrote:

Herman, not yet! If the reply doesn't come in the form of a public post, I'll post what I hear as soon as I hear it.
[/quote]

(04-11-2020, 04:04 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote:

[/quote]
As it is the 10th, has there been any more info from JamKazam? I am a brand new user and have achieved audio. JamKazam can't find my video software, which works just fine with FaceTime and Zoom. I have gotten no replies to emails sent directly to JamKazam. I am a Mac OS Catalina user.
Update today 2020-04-12: New version released, fixes the camera for me (again).
(04-12-2020, 10:29 PM)tfabris Wrote: Update today 2020-04-12: New version released, fixes the camera for me (again).
Yeah, me too. Thanks.
Windows 10 user. Prior to last version update, installed last night, my Microsoft Life Cam worked a treat (in the trial period). Tried it all last night, out of trial period as a free account. No Webcam detected. 

It is a working camera, I use it on this same PC for Zoom meetings and it was working OK last night via Zoom. So, is it a non-positive undocumented feature of the last update or to do with being a free user?
(01-21-2021, 04:55 PM)DaveMcC Wrote: Windows 10 user. Prior to last version update, installed last night, my Microsoft Life Cam worked a treat (in the trial period). Tried it all last night, out of trial period as a free account. No Webcam detected. 

It is a working camera, I use it on this same PC for Zoom meetings and it was working OK last night via Zoom. So, is it a non-positive undocumented feature of the last update or to do with being a free user?
I'm not sure that the free use of Jamkazam supports video.