• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Packet loss error saga hopefully solved....
(05-06-2020, 12:56 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(05-05-2020, 06:40 PM)LALA MUSIC Wrote: Hi,

I have a strange behaviour with Jamkazam, when I am in a session maximum 2-3 persons can hear me, the others have up to 100% packet loss from me and cannot hear me well or at all.
I can hear everybody just fine. I tried the resync button, but it is not helping, also tried to remove WIFI from my mac (Network-> Minus sign over WIFI), no good result.
I also tried to use another windows PC and same problem. I tried several Audio Booster config without success.
UPNP is activated on V4 network section of my router. I can redirect port with my router but for now it is not used.

Any ideas to help ?

>>>
Is it always the same people that can't hear you?
Does this only happen to you in these sessions where this occurs?
Does it also happen when you join a session with already more than three Jammers?

No it is not always the same people. In my band of 6 people it is not always the same people that are not receiving me, like if it is rotating. They seem to perfectly hear each other but some hear me perfect and some very bad or not at all.

It can happen in any public session I join and even session with already more than 3 members.
I was in a session for a hour ago with LALA MUSIC

He could hear us all three others in the session.

And the three could hear him.

But then came in a fifth - then one of the three first could suddenly not hear him any longer.

He seems to have a allright/good connection - so it is somehow very strange. The up- and download was more than enough - 4-10 times more than needed

Yes, and a PING = 2 milliseconds. By the way an extremely good PING.
To add more information about the issue I did some tests with 3 other people we all redirect the same udp ports 50000 to 50004 and use following settings in JK manage->Networking-> use the same udp ports start from 50000, untick upnp in router and untick IPV6 in JK.  -This did not solve the problem.

They were able to receive me perfect only with the following audio booster setting : 128 Kbits/s and packet size 100 Pkts/s. 

If I increase the speed for example 320kbps some of the members are loosing me.

It means that even with the lowest audio booster settings the jammer quantity is limited to 4 .

It is like if I had a total speed limitation in TX of around 400kbps which does not make sense (When I do a Speedtest I have 2ms ping and more than 300 Mb up and down as shown in below screenshot).

I tried with a VPN but with VPN I have no audio on every members so not working neither.

So what is limiting my TX ? Is there something limiting the speed of the UDP protocol ?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(05-06-2020, 06:04 PM)LALA MUSIC Wrote: To add more information about the issue I did some tests with 3 other people we all redirect the same udp ports 50000 to 50004 and use following settings in JK manage->Networking-> use the same udp ports start from 50000, untick upnp in router and untick IPV6 in JK.  -This did not solve the problem.

They were able to receive me perfect only with the following audio booster setting : 128 Kbits/s and packet size 100 Pkts/s. 

If I increase the speed for example 320kbps some of the members are loosing me.

It means that even with the lowest audio booster settings the jammer quantity is limited to 4 .

It is like if I had a total speed limitation in TX of around 400kbps which does not make sense (When I do a Speedtest I have 2ms ping and more than 300 Mb up and down as shown in below screenshot).

I tried with a VPN but with VPN I have no audio on every members so not working neither.

So what is limiting my TX ? Is there something limiting the speed of the UDP protocol ?
Jamkazam recommends opening 10 UDP ports (Within this range 1026 - 49150)...
so in your example you should open up 50000 - 50010.  (port 50000 and up will likely work though.....)
There may certainly be more to solving this, but wanted to throw this out here..

~JB
Tried with 1026 to 1036 ports and the same. 
I noticied that when I join the session I can see good TX on every Members (near 320k the max I set at 4 players) and the more I wait the more the TX bandwith decreases under 100k and going to the floor.
(05-07-2020, 10:52 AM)LALA MUSIC Wrote: Tried with 1026 to 1036 ports and the same. 
I noticied that when I join the session I can see good TX on every Members (near 320k the max I set at 4 players) and the more I wait the more the TX bandwith decreases under 100k and going to the floor.

>>>
If PF is the way you want to go, why choose a range that is already cluttered with other services?
It was to answer jbuecker proposition, also when I scan with command netstat-an these ports seems to be free.
Dimitri do you know which application uses these 1026-1036 ports ? Which port would you advice to use then ?
Sorry I'm not a Network expert, I'm just trying to make my Jamkazam work ...

Regards
(05-07-2020, 01:56 PM)LALA MUSIC Wrote: It was to answer jbuecker proposition, also when I scan with command netstat-an these ports seems to be free.
Dimitri do you know which application uses these 1026-1036 ports ? Which port would you advice to use then ?
Sorry I'm not a Network expert, I'm just trying to make my Jamkazam work ...

Regards

I tend to use some upper range port numbers to be safe.. I personally use 14000 - 14010.

~JB