Welcome, Guest
You have to register before you can post on our site.

Username

Password

(Advanced Search)

Forum Statistics
» Members: 5,124
» Latest member: Notbob
» Forum threads: 1,587
» Forum posts: 7,782

Full Statistics

Latest Threads
Arturia Virtual Instrumen...
Forum: Help with Audio Effects Plugins
Last Post: benshem
03-28-2024, 01:54 PM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 277
Looking for two new membe...
Forum: Miscellaneous
Last Post: Lou Scot
03-08-2024, 06:18 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,940
No Updates in More Than a...
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: mheeley.gm@gmail.com
03-03-2024, 10:05 PM
» Replies: 26
» Views: 21,381
can not hear one bandmate
Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions
Last Post: joemal97@gmail.com
03-01-2024, 09:09 PM
» Replies: 1
» Views: 1,614
how to change recording F...
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: Rockindad
02-25-2024, 11:40 PM
» Replies: 2
» Views: 3,759
Band connect with one rem...
Forum: Help with Audio Gear
Last Post: Rick F
02-15-2024, 01:39 PM
» Replies: 7
» Views: 1,363
Silver plan time issue
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
02-14-2024, 11:50 PM
» Views: 4,394
Beta? Yes please.
Forum: Beta Features for Pioneers
Last Post: Dimitri Muskens
01-27-2024, 05:47 PM
» Views: 8,262
Crackling Noise
Last Post: B.J. van Hoek
01-12-2024, 09:25 PM
» Replies: 11
» Views: 14,302
Looking for the Beta
Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems
Last Post: c_taber
01-08-2024, 03:11 AM
» Replies: 0
» Views: 546

How does the audio sound?
Posted by: SideShow Nate - 04-06-2020, 08:57 PM - Forum: Help with Live Jamming Sessions - No Replies

Hi there! New to this program! Just wanted to know how the audio sounds before I go further into this thing. I host a YouTube show where we do live interviews & performances from musicians around Michigan & need a service that delivers video & audio for our show. Zoom sucks for audio, so I'm hoping this service works! Can anyone fill me in? Is the audio quality good from a smartphone? Or is an audio interface necessary for our guest musicians to use it? And how would someone use this from a smartphone since I see there is no app on Google Play?

Simmons Drum Issue - do you need Audio Interface
Posted by: Orlando - 04-06-2020, 07:45 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - No Replies

Hello All:

I am new to Jamkazam and new to connecting my Simmons SD7PK kit to anything.  I was able to connect my kit to Addictive Drums after dowloading updated rivers from Simmons.  The issues I am having is that even though Jamkazam recognizes "Simmons e-drums" when I attempt to add it as a MIDI track are:

1. The dialog box below the MIDI device selection does not seem to wanting to pull in the plug-ins (VST or AU plugins) and 
  2. The third dialog box which allows you to select the instrument always goes back to Electric Guitar even after I seemingly select Drums.  That being said Electric Guitar is the only option that is in bold.
  I do not own any audio interface hardware.  Is that an essential requirement or should the SD7PK brain be enough?  Absent the AU hardware is there a way to have Jamkazam recognize the Addictive Drums digital signals that get triggered as I play my kit?

Thanks for any guidance and fielding the rudimentary nature if the questions.

Problems adding a second audio track
Posted by: Moose Hofer - 04-06-2020, 07:22 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Hello everyone,

I just installed Jamkazam yesterday in hopes of playing with a few of my buddies that are also self-isolating, distancing, etc.

Anyway, totally new to this, and I am having trouble getting 2 usb inputs to work on my MacBook Air.  Both usb inputs seem to work fine when I swap between them.  I've been trying to troubleshoot for a couple of hours.

In Audio Gear Setup:

I can get my bass guitar to work via a Rocksmith/Ubisoft real tone cable, or my vocal mic (cheap USB mic) but it seems that I cannot have (2) audio tracks/input working at the same time.  I keep getting the same Alert message that says:

You have no more unassigned input ports.
You can free some up by editing an AUDIO track.

Any help is appreciated. It looks like there are some threads out there with similar problems, i.e., Add Audio Track Does Nothing.  Not sure if we are sharing the same problem.  

Ideas? Help?

The only workaround I have figured out is to use a pair of apple 3.5mm mini earbuds to listen and add a mic thru the Mac headphones plug.  This definitely keeps me on a leash right in front of the laptop, and not as nice as my Sennheiser headphones.

Thanks.

Moose

Colorado

Mac Audio Gear?
Posted by: pmaine - 04-06-2020, 07:21 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (5)

What is an affordable suggestion for a two channel mixer that can connect to my Mac that has low latency and works with JamKazam?

Can't Even Start Showing Video
Posted by: itskeyes - 04-06-2020, 06:44 PM - Forum: Help with Video Gear - Replies (1)

Hello, 

When I click on the Video button nothing happens. It doesn't even give me the option to find a camera device. I attempted to start a livestream and got a message saying "Error processing video frame for broadcast."  My ultimate goal is to livestream a video session with me and 2-3 other people, but so far I haven't the slightest idea how to get that started. Any help would be appreciated!

UMC202HD + Win 10: Everyone hears me + piano perfectly. But I don't hear them!
Posted by: Pete Savigny - 04-06-2020, 06:41 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (6)

Now I received a further suggestion from the Behringer Musictribe forum expert:

Open the UMC Control Panel and check on the [b]Buffer Settings[/b] tab. A buffer size of 256 or 512 should be OK. I run mine with [b]Safe Mode[/b] checked (on).

I responded:
====
thanks for the new suggestion about the buffer settings.

Do you think the current buffer size of 8 samples could be the reason for the sound not getting through? 

When I change it to 256 samples, and then resync in JamKazam, it goes back to 8 samples.
I will need to find out how I can makeba changed buffer setting stick.
====

What do you JamKazam guys say?

Could substantially increasing buffer size make the difference?
And how do I make it stick?

I wrote earlier:
====
I have an important new insight which may provide the key to solving my persistent problem, since I received my UMC202HD on Saturday.

It looks like the UMC202HD's output might be at fault.

A fellow musician and scientist told me to try JamKazam without the UMC202HD, and it turned out that I could hear her perfectly via JamKazam!

So I'm wondering whether the UMC202HD's output could be at fault?

I have tested using the UMC202HD as input only, and my laptop speaker as output, and it works - though with higher latency. 

On the other hand, the UMC202HD's output does at least allow me to hear myself and my piano, even without direct monitoring.

So what does that tell us about where the fault could lie?

I hope this will help us find the solution to my persistent problem, since I received my UMC202HD on Saturday.

Will I need to exchange it?
Is there something I can do without having to exchange it?

I wrote earlier:

The UMC202HD and its ASIO 4.59 driver for Win10 has brought down my latency in JamKazam, and everyone hears me and my piano perfectly.
But I don't hear them any more, as I was able to using WDM output. And that even though their signal shows just as well as my own.
I'm using output same as input, i.e. UMC ASIO, and my laptop's output is set to UMC202 HD.
Following advice of JamKazam users, I made sure I'm not using direct monitoring. And I have even disabled my laptop's built-in speaker, leaving only the UMC202HD output. Still not hearing the other musicians' sound.
What could be the reason? What should I try?

I received advice in Behringer Musictribe forum to check windows control panel sound settings, and make sure it is on 24 bit, 48 kHz which it was.
When I tried  a JamKazam session afterwards, I could talk to the musicians - hurray! But I couldn't hear their instruments.
The same happened with my flutist a few min later.
We could talk, but when she started playing, there was only a noise like water in a creek, and then we couldn't even talk any more. What is going on?

All the while she can hear me + my piano perfectly.
I want that to be the case in both directions.
Please help.

Using Helix floor as audio interface
Posted by: Aresearcher - 04-06-2020, 06:30 PM - Forum: Help with Audio Gear - Replies (1)

Has anyone had success using a Helix floor as the audio interface for guitar and mic?  Tried it this weekend and others in the group reported high latency from me.  Is there a setting on the Helix to improve this?

Thanks!

Session listening feature
Posted by: Richard Head - 04-06-2020, 06:13 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - No Replies

I am new to Jamkazam but not new to the challenges of what this software may offer.  I would like to listen to some sessions before I go through all the anticipated headaches of getting set up to use Jamkazam.  Will this feature be turned on again?  Thanks,  Richard

What is "High Performance Mode"
Posted by: gpotts - 04-06-2020, 04:57 PM - Forum: Help with Windows Client Problems - Replies (5)

I have a desktop Windows 10 computer.  I am getting the message "The system is in balanced mode.  Switch to High Performance mode."  What is  "High Performance mode" and how do I make that switch?

Session join approval
Posted by: vgwit - 04-06-2020, 12:52 PM - Forum: Miscellaneous - Replies (1)

I want to create a session with approval of musicians joining. I use Quick Start Solo button. My friend tries to join sending a request. I see that request in the buttom of screen for a couple of second but can't catch it with mouse until it vanishes. Could the process be more user friendly?