• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Beta? Yes please.
How might one go about helping to test a beta version?

I'm a software QA engineer by trade. I can't guarantee I'd be able to thoroughly test all features, but I will say that any bugs I file will be written clearly and contain the necessary repro steps. I'd be testing JamKazam betas on Mac, though I also have many years of experience testing software on Windows.

My main target would be to have my four-member band rehearse and livestream from JamKazam, so I'd be making sure that all four of us had the same version.

Thanks!
I too have years of software QA experience and would love to help as well. I am using JamKazam on Windows 10 currently but have all operating systems available to test on.

My main target is exactly as tfabris. Four-member band rehearsal and livestream from JamKazam.

Thank you.
exactly the same boat here. 4 piece function band looking to stream, have many years in music, technology and coding and would love to help improve JK.
I may be wrong, but I believe the Beta Features are in the main application, under Manage > Beta Features. At least I don't think there's a Beta version that you need to seek out or sign up for.
(06-03-2020, 08:57 PM)digitalrelay Wrote: I may be wrong, but I believe the Beta Features are in the main application, under Manage > Beta Features. At least I don't think there's a Beta version that you need to seek out or sign up for.
I think the beta feature is justa new pop up browser for video
That is correct.
When you set up your own session you have the choice to change your VIDEO SETTINGS from 'Standard' to 'Beta' in the drop-down menu. Anybody who joins your session will also be on 'Beta'.
However, if you join a session created by somebody else and the video setting is 'Standard' you cannot change it.
This is only possible for the session creator.
You only have to change it once and it will always be 'Beta' when you create a session.

Beta works great, no distortion, no crackling. We have cameras rolling thru the whole session without any issues.
The video layout is a bit different and you will have to 'enter the room' in order to see the others. It is a separate session, video only - running parallel to the JK audio.
There is - like always and on all other applications worldwide - a bit latency in the video.
Stay safe!
Meanwhile, since the end of the year.  I had to go back to the old video, as the beta version gave so much crackle that the band cohesion suffered.

Cant believe things will ever get better', they're worse than before now and there is no reaction from JK whatsoever.
I'm under the impression, there is nobody left at JK, except the person collecting the subscription fees. Undecided
(01-24-2024, 10:42 PM)B.J. van Hoek Wrote: Meanwhile, since the end of the year.  I had to go back to the old video, as the beta version gave so much crackle that the band cohesion suffered.

Cant believe things will ever get better', they're worse than before now and there is no reaction from JK whatsoever.
I'm under the impression, there is nobody left at JK, except the person collecting the subscription fees. Undecided

B.J.,

With all respect, this forum is NOT the JK helpdesk. It is community driven (&maintained), for users to share experiences, use cases and possible solutions to real life comparable situations/challenges one might run into using JK.
If you don't find your help or answers here, most likely your fellow users don't know the answer you're looking for. (or might not have a comparable issue)

For personal help, service and/or assistence please contact the JK helpdesk. It really does exist Big Grin . Either via email or the link given in the app. I understand ones level of service is determined by the subscription type.
> Tamacti Jun <