• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
static
My friend and I both use Macs and Artesia on the silver plan. He can hear me just fine. Whenever he plays, sings or talks, there is static which increases as the volume of his playing or singing increases. We have tried altering the input volume on my side and the output volume on his side without improvement.
He does not get any static from my side.
(01-12-2021, 12:36 AM)TCGreen Wrote: My friend and I both use Macs and Artesia on the silver plan. He can hear me just fine. Whenever he plays, sings or talks, there is static which increases as the volume of his playing or singing increases. We have tried altering the input volume on my side and the output volume on his side without improvement.

>>>
'Static' is generally not 'a volume thing'. Although it can in- and decrease with volume levels.
I assume one or some of your settings are a little too demanding for your equipment/connection.
It's a thin line between clear audio and perceptible latency. Try 'tinkering' with frame size, buffer size and bitrates and find the sweet spot.

NB! - it can also be something 'simple' like having a laptop(macbook) running on batteries instead of mains ... .
(01-12-2021, 11:39 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(01-12-2021, 12:36 AM)TCGreen Wrote: My friend and I both use Macs and Artesia on the silver plan. He can hear me just fine. Whenever he plays, sings or talks, there is static which increases as the volume of his playing or singing increases. We have tried altering the input volume on my side and the output volume on his side without improvement.

>>>
'Static' is generally not 'a volume thing'. Although it can in- and decrease with volume levels.
I assume one or some of your settings are a little too demanding for your equipment/connection.
It's a thin line between clear audio and perceptible latency. Try 'tinkering' with frame size, buffer size and bitrates and find the sweet spot.

NB! - it can also be something 'simple' like having a laptop(macbook) running on batteries instead of mains ... .
Dimitri brings up an important point. Whether on a PC or on a Mac, never run on battery power while using JK. In general, running on AC power will force your machine into highest performance mode. Of course, Windows will usually require more to be done.