• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No audio
I am NOT a technically minded person so please bear with me.  I tried to connect with my piano player remotely and we could not figure out why everything else seemed to work except for my audio output.  It appeared that everything was working with my audio and yet my guy couldn't hear me.  I am on an iMac and going straight into the computer for now.  please advise.

I read this on the forum:

When launching JamKazam for the first time you may encounter an alert option to allow JamKazam to access the microphone. Click Yes!.

If you clicked Later, you may not see the alert again and will need to enable the option in Security & Privacy setting:

System Preferences>Security & Privacy; Privacy Tab.  For the Microphone, make sure JamKazam is checked.

You will be prompted to quit and restart JamKazam for the change to take effect.  You may need to repeat this step to begin hearing Audio in the session.

When I went to my System Preferences>Security & Privacy; Privacy Tab. "mIcrophone" and "JamKazam" were not options. See attachment.
Maybe you just need to add a new track.
You can do it in a session.

Click "Audio Settings" - and "Add Audio Track".
If there are others in the session, then they can immediately hear if it works

It's a long shot, but even long shots can hit
(07-15-2020, 01:51 PM)nutmeg12 Wrote: I am NOT a technically minded person so please bear with me.  I tried to connect with my piano player remotely and we could not figure out why everything else seemed to work except for my audio output.  It appeared that everything was working with my audio and yet my guy couldn't hear me.  I am on an iMac and going straight into the computer for now.  please advise.

When launching JamKazam for the first time you may encounter an alert option to allow JamKazam to access the microphone. Click Yes!.

If you clicked Later, you may not see the alert again and will need to enable the option in Security & Privacy setting:

System Preferences>Security & Privacy; Privacy Tab.  For the Microphone, make sure JamKazam is checked.

You will be prompted to quit and restart JamKazam for the change to take effect.  You may need to repeat this step to begin hearing Audio in the session.

When I went to my System Preferences>Security & Privacy; Privacy Tab. "mIcrophone" and "JamKazam" were not options. See attachment.
Do you each see the other ok inside JK? Is either side shown in a greyed out box? In other words, when you're both in a JK session, both you and he should have full color boxes displayed. If he sees your box greyed out then that's the reason he can't hear you. That's usually a router configuration issue. Let us know.
It sounds like you are referring to something i posted, with regarding to the security  / privacy settings

Mac No Audio or Video. MacOS Security & Privacy settings. Good To Know.
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1129

If you don't see the option, it suggest you have an earlier Mac OS. Which is fine. I personally use Sierra.

You said you're going directly into the Mac. That means, no Audio Interface. Explain how you are connecting to your Mac, specifically what input. And, you are wearing headphones expecting to hear yourself. What instrument are you using, or voice only?
(07-16-2020, 03:38 AM)GDJ Wrote: It sounds like you are referring to something i posted, with regarding to the security  / privacy settings

Mac No Audio or Video. MacOS Security & Privacy settings. Good To Know.
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=1129

If you don't see the option, it suggest you have an earlier Mac OS. Which is fine. I personally use Sierra.

You said you're going directly into the Mac. That means, no Audio Interface. Explain how you are connecting to your Mac, specifically what input. And, you are wearing headphones expecting to hear yourself. What instrument are you using, or voice only?
I am plugging my Blue Yeti directly into my i Mac.  No headphones.  I sing.
Hello Nutmeg12,

I apologize. I have been very busy with my Job and unable to reply to posts quickly.

Since you do not have headphones and plug directly into the Mac. This could be part of the problem. Let's sees if we can go through the details.

1. Do you already use the Blue Yeti with other applications on your Mac? if Yes, what application?

2. In JamKazam, did you go through the Audio Device steps to specify the Blue Yeti as the Input Device? If so, what did you select as the Output device?
(07-15-2020, 09:52 PM)StuartR  We were able to see each other inside JK.  No one was greyed out. Wrote:
(07-15-2020, 01:51 PM)nutmeg12 Wrote: I am NOT a technically minded person so please bear with me.  I tried to connect with my piano player remotely and we could not figure out why everything else seemed to work except for my audio output.  It appeared that everything was working with my audio and yet my guy couldn't hear me.  I am on an iMac and going straight into the computer for now.  please advise.

Do you each see the other ok inside JK? Is either side shown in a greyed out box? In other words, when you're both in a JK session, both you and he should have full color boxes displayed. If he sees your box greyed out then that's the reason he can't hear you. That's usually a router configuration issue. Let us know.