• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Dropouts after recent update
Was on JK last night and experienced terrible drop outs--by which I mean the "crack" sound followed by being ejected from the session (though session mates can hear me). I reported this before and am only chiming in again to say that this problem is getting worse, not better. Last night was really horrible--not worth the blood pressure medication.
(04-30-2020, 11:03 PM)Curly Wrote: Was on JK last night and experienced terrible drop outs--by which I mean the "crack" sound followed by being ejected from the session (though session mates can hear me). I reported this before and am only chiming in again to say that this problem is getting worse, not better. Last night was really horrible--not worth the blood pressure medication.
I just logged on and saw a huge upgrade,  Does this make it worse or better?
(04-16-2020, 06:31 PM)zoddie Wrote: I'll also add that my session mate(s) don't experience the audio loss and have even reported that they can still hear me even though I can't hear them (or myself) during the audio dropout.

I've moved over to a PC and while on a wireless connection and an older computer, experience no dropouts at all.
Same issues with my Mac Pro, when switched to my pc surface, the issues went away.
(04-21-2020, 02:37 PM)zoddie Wrote: Devs, can you remove the requirement that makes us be on the newest version until the dropout issue is fixed?  Or will that cause other issues if people are on different versions?  Is there an estimate for when a new version will be out or what can be done to fix this for Mac users?

Again, we all seem to have had no issues with dropouts with the older version.

Personally, I accept the upgrades. Seeing they come with new issues but at this time there are trade-offs. But I too was preserving my current app with a rename for the sake of stability.

For those that want to dismiss the New Version install window. I hit my ESC key, click to the side, and the window dismisses and I remain on my current version.
+ 1 here also ... since the last update on Mohave - macbook pro UAD Appollo - loud crackle and then no audio.
New Mac and JK user here.

Had our first successful JK session last week and have been singing its praises all week to all our band mates.

2nd session today after running the update.  sessions started out fine, but we kept getting a loud pop through our speakers and then our friends audio would disappear..... resyncing would bring him back again with another loud pop.  We ended up aborting the session for fear or damaging our speakers.

is there any way we can revert to pre upgrade version? i see some people are able to run the windows version on their mac... i had no idea that was even possible... could some one guide me through that at all... ( this mac is still a complete mystery to me!... been a windows girl all my life!)
(05-23-2020, 07:51 PM)JenAndSi Wrote: New Mac and JK user here.

Had our first successful JK session last week and have been singing its praises all week to all our band mates.

2nd session today after running the update.  sessions started out fine, but we kept getting a loud pop through our speakers and then our friends audio would disappear..... resyncing would bring him back again with another loud pop.  We ended up aborting the session for fear or damaging our speakers.

is there any way we can revert to pre upgrade version? i see some people are able to run the windows version on their mac... i had no idea that was even possible... could some one guide me through that at all... ( this mac is still a complete mystery to me!... been a windows girl all my life!)
Doubt you can run the Win version on Mac. You could however, if you have installed BootCamp (booting a Windows partition on your Mac), use the Windows version... on Windows.
Update on this...

I noticed the Dropout occurs the more participates in a session. I don't have the issue when playing in a session with my musical buddy. That said, i have a loose theory on what's going on.

In my session with my buddy we make sure our Audio Booster settings are the same we are at 128k, and 1ms. The point is, we are the same, even if we chose 320k and 2ms. If we are different, there was a time when the drop out occurred but i cant be conclusive yet.

I can bet when we jump into an open session there's no control over this since everyone can have different settings.

What's of interest is, in the JK Help forum, they have a posting comment titled: Make Sure Audio Sample Rates Match
and it says, coming soon. Reading into this, it makes me wonder about the importance of making sure the settings are the same for all participates. And, is it referring the audio  booster settings, or the audio interface settings? 

Since I created my own OS Sierra boot disk with only JK on it, performance is great.. but these errors will come up. Point being, nothing wrong with my OS. It's the JK App. Hopefully they will figure it out.
Hours later update. The problem persisted with my open session, and i notice i would lose audio when people would Join or leave. Not sure if it coincided with a certain number of joiners but on average i had about 8 people in my jam session. when I lost audio I notice the the notification for someone joining or leaving. The app unexpectedly quit twice, also.
The latest 5/27 build looks promising....

May 27th, 2020

Windows and Mac Client Updated:
  1. The May 22nd client introduced a bug that increased changes you would get NO AUDIO.    We have fixed the issue in this release.  We've also added more instrumentation in the client application so that JamKazam team gets more immediate information every time this happens, so 1) we can still work on more NO AUDIO scenarios, but also, to notice unusual upticks in this problem, so that we have faster feedback if we released a problematic version of the client app.

2. Some % of users have a condition in which their audio stream gets corrupted, causing the user to have to click RESYNC after the corruption happens.     We now detect the corruption up-front, and auto-recover.