• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
macOS 12 (.0.1) Monterey
>>>
Hello all,

After seeing the question on FB a couple of times.

Yes, JamKazam seems to run quite smooth on the new macOS Monterey. It does on two of my Intel based machines.
E.g. running Monterey on an MBP 2015 (i7/512/16Gb) is swift and smooth. No programs/apps needed intervention, all hardware is supported. The upgrade, coming from Big Sur, took more restarts than I can remember from earlier upgrades but all went well and without user input.

!! Disclaimer !!
I am definitely NOT saying everyone should upgrade! 'Every' machine, use case and configuration is different. So is external eqpt that is used. You decide what's best for you.
Just saying it works for me and my MBP and use case is nothing special.

I definitely DO recommend cleaning up your OS/files and running a backup (Time Machine) before any major surgery.

D./
> Tamacti Jun <
I just bought a brand new M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey and am having all sorts of issues with a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD. Working through it with Behringer but the outlook is bleak. Curious--what is your audio interface? I'd need MIDI too. Options are limited and Behringer is too quiet. I'm using a USB-B to USB-C cable directly into the MacBook without a hub.
(12-21-2021, 11:25 PM)emdub2112 Wrote: I just bought a brand new M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey and am having all sorts of issues with a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD. Working through it with Behringer but the outlook is bleak. Curious--what is your audio interface? I'd need MIDI too. Options are limited and Behringer is too quiet. I'm using a USB-B to USB-C cable directly into the MacBook without a hub.

>>>
I run several diff interfaces, both USB and Thunderbolt.
But like I posted, I'm running an Intel based MBP.
Your issue could well be with the Apple (M1) hardware platform in combination with your Behringer and not with Monterey as such.
I've seen the M1's being 'moody' with all sorts of peripherals.
Maybe someone successfully running an M1 & Behringer can chime in. One would need more details on your issues to try to help.

My OP is actually about JamKazam installing and performing just fine on Monterey.
> Tamacti Jun <
(11-04-2021, 02:41 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: Hi all!

Just installed JK on my Macbook Air (7,2) running Monterey 12.2.1 with Berringer ur22mkii. Hardware in recognized though pretty slow (11ms latencey) and can hear the test bell. Had to run Garageband with the interface selected for audio first, otherwise get the startup crash.

Garageband and VoiceMemo all get input and output from the interface no problem. Also with headphone mic and playback through phones  no problem.

But when I run a test JK session, there is no input on either channel. Can hear others, but not my own signal. No level lights, nothing.

Help!?

BTW, JK worked fine on my old macbook pro running High Sierra same interface (but the computer died).

Any ideas?

John Tomlinson

>>>
Hello all,

After seeing the question on FB a couple of times.

Yes, JamKazam seems to run quite smooth on the new macOS Monterey. It does on two of my Intel based machines.
E.g. running Monterey on an MBP 2015 (i7/512/16Gb) is swift and smooth. No programs/apps needed intervention, all hardware is supported. The upgrade, coming from Big Sur, took more restarts than I can remember from earlier upgrades but all went well and without user input.

!! Disclaimer !!
I am definitely NOT saying everyone should upgrade! 'Every' machine, use case and configuration is different. So is external eqpt that is used. You decide what's best for you.
Just saying it works for me and my MBP and use case is nothing special.

I definitely DO recommend cleaning up your OS/files and running a backup (Time Machine) before any major surgery.

D./
(12-21-2021, 11:25 PM)emdub2112 Wrote: I just bought a brand new M1 MacBook Pro running Monterey and am having all sorts of issues with a Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD. Working through it with Behringer but the outlook is bleak. Curious--what is your audio interface? I'd need MIDI too. Options are limited and Behringer is too quiet. I'm using a USB-B to USB-C cable directly into the MacBook without a hub.

I have a very similar situation. Just got a new MacBook Pro with M1 Max and JK has been unusable with this - There’s constant cut outs and distortion.  I’m using a Motu M2 which seems to work fine with Logic so it’s just with JK that I have an issue.  Other users in the session were OK