• 7 Vote(s) - 5 Average
List of Audio Interfaces
Getting good connection with old audio interface and new Mac
Focusrite Saffire Pro 24 DPS
Mac mini running Catalina 32 GB 2667 MHz DDR4 3.2 GHz 6-Core Intel Core i7
(04-05-2020, 03:27 AM)kkriner@gmail.com Wrote: Hi, all! I've gone through all the forum posts so far and compiled a list of audio interfaces for our use.

i've been using Audient EVO4 with imac for many months.  never any problems.
I have used a Creative Labs Sound blaster Audigy5/rx somewhat successfully. This is an internal sound card.

Pros:
Latency and stability are very good. Sound quality if fine.

Con:
Although it has 3 inputs (mic/mic/line) I can only get the line input to work well. It took a while to fid the right input (there are several options). Therefore, I have to route everything through my mixer which is a pain.

I am going to change to a "real" AI (likely Behringer UMC202HD) as soon as one becomes available. Trying to buy local....
(10-12-2020, 04:33 PM)Tim Betteridge Wrote: I have used a Creative Labs Sound blaster Audigy5/rx somewhat successfully. This is an internal sound card.

Pros:
Latency and stability are very good. Sound quality if fine.

Con:
Although it has 3 inputs (mic/mic/line) I can only get the line input to work well. It took a while to fid the right input (there are several  options). Therefore, I have to route everything through my mixer which is a pain.

I am going to change to a "real" AI (likely Behringer UMC202HD) as soon as one becomes available. Trying to buy local....

Update: Found out that I didn't have a stereo splitter cable going in to the line input so now I have split the line input to left/right. I run the instrument through one channel and mic through the other. My latency numbers are extremely good (typically 3.4ms), and I have to say that this solution works very well. I've had no issues at all.

I would recommend this solution if you have a PC.
I've been using an
RME Fireface 400 (via Firewire 400 connection) (product has been discontinued) Interface latency: 4.1, Jitter (in/out): Fluctuating between 0 and .49 ms (average around .w2-.3ms), Frame size: 1. ms, Windows 7, Home Prem SP1 (FireWire via express card).