• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Unsuccessful Server connection with 2nd PC
Hello All,

After trying for the past 9 hours to get to the bottom of it why the server connection does not work , I unfortunately have to post this.

set up in brief:
Laptop 1 (high performance Win 10) installed with JK  and all audio and video settings.  >all ok  with all tests passed - but no server connection - always retrying though with no success.

Win Firewall disabled - still no joy- no other Firewall present.
Looked also in router to set UDP port forwarding ( ie with 12000 - 12010) for this Laptop- did not work.
Tried set up in dynamic port release , could enter values of 12000 - 12010, but could not find Port Nr for "releasing" port.

JK is allowed through the Firewall in private and public networks on this Laptop.

To get a comparison I launched JK with another Laptop ( low performance ( old Thinkpad - Win10).
 > Apart from messages that PC is not suitable (only 2 cores ), connection to Media Relay Server works slow but worked, even with no explicit port forwarding set up in router for this Laptop...

So that should prove that there should be no  issue with the router....actually.?

JK is allowed through the Firewall in private and public networks onth this Laptop also.

Both Laptops are connected to the router via LAN connection.

Any ideas or what the problem might be and what to check for?

I really did not anticipate the high performance PC giving any problems....

Best Regs Kuba.0
(01-24-2021, 09:32 PM)Kuba.O Wrote: Hello All,

After trying for the past 9 hours to get to the bottom of it why the server connection does not work , I unfortunately have to post this.

set up in brief:
Laptop 1 (high performance Win 10) installed with JK  and all audio and video settings.  >all ok  with all tests passed - but no server connection - always retrying though with no success.

Looked also in router to set UDP port forwarding ( ie with 12000 - 12010) for this Laptop- did not work.
Tried set up in dynamic port release , could enter values of 12000 - 12010, but could not find Port Nr for "releasing" port.

JK is allowed through the Firewall in private and public networks on this Laptop.

To get a comparison I launched JK with another Laptop ( low performance ( old Thinkpad - Win10).
 > Apart from messages that PC is not suitable (only 2 cores ), connection to Media Relay Server works slow but worked, even with no explicit port forwarding set up in router for this Laptop...

So that should prove that there should be no  issue with the router....actually.?

JK is allowed through the Firewall in private and public networks onth this Laptop also.

Best Regs Kuba.0
Does it have Internet connectivity to other sites?
(01-25-2021, 02:03 AM)StuartR Wrote:
(01-24-2021, 09:32 PM)Kuba.O Wrote: Hello All,

set up in brief:

Best Regs Kuba.0
Does it have Internet connectivity to other sites?

Hello Stuart,Thanks for your help. Yes, game exchanges via ie Roblox game works .

Hello Stuart,Thanks for your help. Yes, game exchanges via ie Roblox game works .
>>>
Hi Kuba.O

Not sure how much filtering you're doing on/for "Laptop 1"(?)

Are you blocking any TCP and/or port 80/443 traffic? (for JKz?)
Dimitri Muskens>>>
Hi Kuba.O

Not sure how much filtering you're doing on/for "Laptop 1"(?)

Are you blocking any TCP and/or port 80/443 traffic? (for JKz?)
Thanks Dimitri,

I am try to figure out where to look for it again.

But I have checked information under Ethernet connection on Laptop 2 and could compare the settings with LT 1.

I looked under

>properties
   > windows security
      > Firewall and network protection
         > advanced (further) properties
            > Windows defender firewall with extended Security

> incoming rules and outgoing rules

The settings are the same for Jazkazam on both LTs under "incoming rules".

I  guess that this is because Jazkazam was cleared for the firewall to pass on the "App filter page".

On both LTs can not see JK mentioned in "outgoing rules", though JK works on LT2 ( as mentioned).

I think it would it woul dbe most helpfull if you could tell me where to look if the ports mentioned by you are cleared / unblocked.

Thanks Kuba.0

Dimitri,

I can see port settings and properties for the JAMKAZAM Music Client in the beforementioned incoming rules as said before.

Agian, In detail upon checking on both LTs the settings are the same and "local" and "remote"port settings are all set to "variable / random, "not "specific".

Regs Kuba.O
Not sure you if have fixed your issue, but if not I would suggest making sure there aren't any AV programs or malware defenders installed that may be giving cause to this. If you even have something simple as a mcafee browser extension it might interfere. It sounds like you know what you are doing with the incoming and outcoming rules in the firewall. If you look for anything that has a similar port in the defender firewall area, make sure nothing is sharing a rule around the same port addresses. If any previously created rules either block or allow during certain circumstances it will definitely interfere. Also, make sure that your router if you are connected directly to it, and not through any other managed switch, make sure that that port or rather, the dhcp settings are not reserving a port for a certain address or something similar. Your port forwarding area in your routers WAN table will be showing certain ports that are open for either IP or MAC addresses. This could be something that could cause issue, though most of the time, if a port is open, and not specifically referring to a IP or MAC address it will be open regardless of who is using it. Just some things to think about...
Californian, played for a few bands, a lot of genres and a lot of musicians. I have no "style", but I love playing music and allow it to conform me. Experience in sound engineering. A computer geek (certified btw) When I get the e-kit set up, we shall ride this to the end Irons Up!!!