• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
output channel assignment error
I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen. I'm trying to set channels 9 & 10 as my output, since that is where my headphones are plugged in. When I go to configure those channels at the output, I receive the attached error when exiting. At this point, I am now stuck. I cannot change 9 & 10 back to 1 & 2 without getting the 4 output channel error. The only thing I can do is quit and restart Jamkazam.

System info:
MacBook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-30-2020, 09:28 PM)ravijankar@gmail.com Wrote: I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen. I'm trying to set channels 9 & 10 as my output, since that is where my headphones are plugged in. When I go to configure those channels at the output, I receive the attached error when exiting. At this point, I am now stuck. I cannot change 9 & 10 back to 1 & 2 without getting the 4 output channel error. The only thing I can do is quit and restart Jamkazam.

System info:
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
>>>
First delete output 9 & 10, then reassign 1 & 2. (there can be just 2 outputs selected/active at any given time)
If for some reason this wouldn't work (but it should), just delete the profile and add/create a new one. This will take but a minute.

But, if 9 & 10 is where you're monitoring from, why would you want to change that (back) to 1 & 2?
(12-31-2020, 02:11 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(12-30-2020, 09:28 PM)ravijankar@gmail.com Wrote: I am using a Focusrite Scarlett 18i20 3rd gen. I'm trying to set channels 9 & 10 as my output, since that is where my headphones are plugged in. When I go to configure those channels at the output, I receive the attached error when exiting. At this point, I am now stuck. I cannot change 9 & 10 back to 1 & 2 without getting the 4 output channel error. The only thing I can do is quit and restart Jamkazam.

System info:
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
>>>
First delete output 9 & 10, then reassign 1 & 2. (there can be just 2 outputs selected/active at any given time)
If for some reason this wouldn't work (but it should), just delete the profile and add/create a new one. This will take but a minute.

But, if 9 & 10 is where you're monitoring from, why would you want to change that (back) to 1 & 2?

When I change to 9 & 10, I get an error saying I have 4 outputs defined, and I can only have 2. So, in order to get past this error, I change back to 1 & 2, but I still get the error saying I have 4 outputs. That's when I have to restart JK.

This is the sequence with screen grabs attached:

1. In configure tracks, click update outputs
2. In session audio output, change channel 1 to channel 9; channel 2 to channel 10
3. Click update ports. At this point, the error about 4 ports pops up.
4. Click close on error.
5. Click update outputs.
6. Change channel 9 to channel 1; channel 10 to channel 2.
7. Click update ports. The error about 4 ports comes up.

At this point I'm stuck. I can't get out of this sequence without quitting JK. I don't see a way to delete ports. I can only change. but somehow 2 ports were added.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(12-31-2020, 05:57 PM)ravijankar@gmail.com Wrote:

System info:
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
>>>

When I change to 9 & 10, I get an error saying I have 4 outputs defined, and I can only have 2. So, in order to get past this error, I change back to 1 & 2, but I still get the error saying I have 4 outputs. That's when I have to restart JK.

2. In session audio output, change channel 1 to channel 9; channel 2 to channel 10
4. Click close on error.
5. Click update outputs.

At this point I'm stuck. I can't get out of this sequence without quitting JK. I don't see a way to delete ports. I can only change. but somehow 2 ports were added.
Please report your findings to: support@Jamkazam.com

System info:
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
>>>

4. Click close on error.
5. Click update outputs.

>>>
Like I said, delete the profile and add it again, takes little time/effort ... . And you're playing again.
(12-31-2020, 11:34 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:

System info:
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
>>>

4. Click close on error.
5. Click update outputs.

>>>
Like I said, delete the profile and add it again, takes little time/effort ... . And you're playing again.

Yes, that worked. Though I still think it ought to be fixed. My expectations are much higher now that I’m paying for my whole band’s subscriptions.
(01-02-2021, 03:07 AM)ravijankar@gmail.com Wrote:

System info:
MacOS Catalina 10.15.7
>>>

4. Click close on error.
5. Click update outputs.

>>>

Yes, that worked. Though I still think it ought to be fixed. My expectations are much higher now that I’m paying for my whole band’s subscriptions.
Please forward this issue to: support@Jamkazam.com
(01-02-2021, 02:30 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 02:11 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote: >>>

4. Click close on error.
5. Click update outputs.

>>>

yes, I’ve done that. Is there a way to check on it?
(01-02-2021, 04:48 PM)ravijankar@gmail.com Wrote:
(01-02-2021, 02:30 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(12-31-2020, 05:57 PM)ravijankar@gmail.com Wrote: When I change to 9 & 10, I get an error saying I have 4 outputs defined, and I can only have 2. So, in order to get past this error, I change back to 1 & 2, but I still get the error saying I have 4 outputs. That's when I have to restart JK.

4. Click close on error.
5. Click update outputs.

>>>

yes, I’ve done that. Is there a way to check on it?
Are you at a subscription level that has helpdesk support?
Yes, I'm subscribed to the Gold package.