• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
JK keeps restting block size to small number
(12-27-2020, 02:23 PM)SammerJammer Wrote: Two different computers and three different audio-interfaces with the same problem.

1. Windows 7-64bit with Presonus USB 96
2. Windows 8.1 64-bit with Presonus Studio 26c
3. Windows 8.1 64-bit with Behringer UMC404HD

Using the respective ASIO control panels (Universal Control for PreSonus, UMC for Behringer) I set the buffer size to 128. I have tried other larger block sizes also.

As soon as I go into JK and start/enter a session the block size is reset to 16 on the PreSonus devices and 8 on the Behringer. I cannot get good audio performance at these levels. I have tried to set the block size again once in a session but JK senses the change, shows a "re-initializing audio interface" message, and immediately sets it back right before my eyes.

There are other reports of a similar problem in these forums with other brands of interfaces.
Here's one: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=343

I heard mention yesterday of a user having the same issue with a Focusrite that JK keeps resetting to to a buffer of 96.

Responses welcome that might help explain/resolve this issue. Please don't opine that 8 or 16 should be good enough - that does not address the problem of JK resetting my devices differently from how I set them. I have also tried all those "open a DAW first and 'lock' in the settings" suggestions to no avail.

I have tried updated drivers, backdated drivers, safe mode, (un)safe mode - pretty much everything I can think of.

My speculation: This seems like JK not playing well with the ASIO SDK - the SDK includes calls and parameters for setting buffer size and buffer size changes.

Edit   Delete   Reply   Quote   Report
I've seen a bit of this on the Focusrite and Behringer but others like Motu work great with their ASIO driver giving 3.4 msec latency. So it's not all a JK client issue.

Messages In This Thread
RE: JK keeps restting block size to small number - by StuartR - 12-27-2020, 10:47 PM