• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Putting Jamkazam sound into a Zoom video call?
(10-09-2020, 12:24 PM)AndrewCollinsI have done what I think you\re after - using a multi output device in the Mac's audio midi setup and "Blackhole" virtual driver from Existential Audio ( or Soundflower - but that doesn't run on Catalina ;  or other similar software ). Wrote: Install Blackhole / Soundflower - these are virtual audio drivers and allow you to route the output (sound) from one into the input sound for another app - so it allows you to take JamKazam's output sound and use it as zoom's input sound.

But - because you want to also hear JamKazam's output sound yourself - you need a multi-output audio device.
Use the Audio MIDI Setup app  ( it's in the 'other' folder in the launcher ) - and create a multi output device - consisting of (1)  Wherever you'd "normally" have your JK sound go and (2) Blackhole or Soundflower  NB : Make sure Blackhole is not the top device in the multi-output - otherwise it won't work.    Enable drift correction ; and make sure that your sample rates all match up ( and match with JamKazam.

Now re-define you JK gear - and set the output to that new multi-output device you just created.

You could now test JK - and it should work as before.  Bear in mind that multi output devices bypass the Mac's volume control if you are using the built-in audio .... so you can't use the normal volume control - there's a slider in "audio midi setup" that will adjust the sound level though.

With that working, you can then run zoom - but for "microphone" - select "Blackhole or Soundflower" .... you'll probably want to turn off the sound coming out of zoom as well - since you are "broadcasting" into zoom ; and you'll want to continue to hear your JamKazam output and not what's coming back from zoom.

You'll likely need to adjust zoom's microphone gain ( perhaps best to turn off the automatic level ) - and you also have a level control on Blackhole ( or Soundflower ) in Audio Midi Setup.

And with that all done - other people on your zoom meeting should be able to hear your JamKazam ( of course you - on JamKazam - won't be able to hear what other people might be saying on zoom ; without adding further complexity ).

I had this working yesterday - Mac OS Catalina ; current JK and Zoom versions and "Blackhole".    Two people played together on JK - and sound was broadcast to a zoom meeting where a third person was able to listen to it.

Thank you very much. That sounds like quite a comprehensive solution.  I will give it a try.  
Thanks,  Dan

Thank you very much. That sounds like quite a comprehensive solution. I will give it a try. I look forward to trying it out.
Thanks, Dan

Messages In This Thread
RE: Putting Jamkazam sound into a Zoom video call? - by Dan TreeSound - 10-10-2020, 02:19 AM