• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface: Setting sample rates?
Anyone know how to set the sample rates on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4?

I've personally got a Scarlett 18i20, and on both Windows and Mac, I've got either the "Focusrite Control" software or the "ASIO Control Panel" software I can run, which let me configure the sample rates on my interface.

However our violinist has a Scarlett 2i4, a different model, and neither of those pieces of software is available on either her Mac system or her Windows system. Going to the Focusrite web site, and picking the 2i4 interface from their selector, it doesn't even give her the option to download either of those pieces of software. It downloads a new USB driver for Windows, which she installed, but neither of those "control panel" softwares were an option for her.

The reason this is a problem is because, tonight when we tried to do our first JamKazam session, she couldn't even get running. Her Scarlett 2i4 interface is currently set to input 96khz and output 48khz. JamKazam didn't like this mismatched sample rate. JamKazam gave an error message to this effect when she plugged the interface into her Windows box, and JamKazam flatly crashed when she plugged the interface into her Macintosh box. We can't find a way to change these settings because her box doesn't run either the "Focusrite Control" software nor the "Focusrite ASIO Control Panel" software. As a result, we couldn't configure the interface in a way that worked for JamKazam, on either her mac or her windows operating system. So we didn't get a session.

Also, she said that in the "Manage" menu of JamKazam, there is an option to open the ASIO control panel for her interface, and when she selected the option, it gave her an error box.

Anyone know how to set the sample rate on this thing?

PS: I know that she succeeds in using this interface in the past, because she records successfully in Logic Audio on the Mac with this thing (I'm assuming she records at 96khz all the time? Dunno!). But how to set the sample rate if you don't have the ASIO control panel?

(04-03-2020, 05:25 AM)tfabris Wrote: Anyone know how to set the sample rates on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4?

I've personally got a Scarlett 18i20, and on both Windows and Mac, I've got either the "Focusrite Control" software or the "ASIO Control Panel" software I can run, which let me configure the sample rates on my interface.

However our violinist has a Scarlett 2i4, a different model, and neither of those pieces of software is available on either her Mac system or her Windows system. Going to the Focusrite web site, and picking the 2i4 interface from their selector, it doesn't even give her the option to download either of those pieces of software. It downloads a new USB driver for Windows, which she installed, but neither of those "control panel" softwares were an option for her.

The reason this is a problem is because, tonight when we tried to do our first JamKazam session, she couldn't even get running. Her Scarlett 2i4 interface is currently set to input 96khz and output 48khz. JamKazam didn't like this mismatched sample rate. JamKazam gave an error message to this effect when she plugged the interface into her Windows box, and JamKazam flatly crashed when she plugged the interface into her Macintosh box. We can't find a way to change these settings because her box doesn't run either the "Focusrite Control" software nor the "Focusrite ASIO Control Panel" software. As a result, we couldn't configure the interface in a way that worked for JamKazam, on either her mac or her windows operating system. So we didn't get a session.

Also, she said that in the "Manage" menu of JamKazam, there is an option to open the ASIO control panel for her interface, and when she selected the option, it gave her an error box.

Anyone know how to set the sample rate on this thing?

PS: I know that she succeeds in using this interface in the past, because she records successfully in Logic Audio on the Mac with this thing (I'm assuming she records at 96khz all the time? Dunno!). But how to set the sample rate if you don't have the ASIO control panel?

Messages In This Thread
Help with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface: Setting sample rates? - by tfabris - 04-03-2020, 05:25 AM