• 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Help with Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 interface: Setting sample rates?
Anyone know how to set the sample rates on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4?

I've personally got a Scarlett 18i20, and on both Windows and Mac, I've got either the "Focusrite Control" software or the "ASIO Control Panel" software I can run, which let me configure the sample rates on my interface.

However our violinist has a Scarlett 2i4, a different model, and neither of those pieces of software is available on either her Mac system or her Windows system. Going to the Focusrite web site, and picking the 2i4 interface from their selector, it doesn't even give her the option to download either of those pieces of software. It downloads a new USB driver for Windows, which she installed, but neither of those "control panel" softwares were an option for her.

The reason this is a problem is because, tonight when we tried to do our first JamKazam session, she couldn't even get running. Her Scarlett 2i4 interface is currently set to input 96khz and output 48khz. JamKazam didn't like this mismatched sample rate. JamKazam gave an error message to this effect when she plugged the interface into her Windows box, and JamKazam flatly crashed when she plugged the interface into her Macintosh box. We can't find a way to change these settings because her box doesn't run either the "Focusrite Control" software nor the "Focusrite ASIO Control Panel" software. As a result, we couldn't configure the interface in a way that worked for JamKazam, on either her mac or her windows operating system. So we didn't get a session.

Also, she said that in the "Manage" menu of JamKazam, there is an option to open the ASIO control panel for her interface, and when she selected the option, it gave her an error box.

Anyone know how to set the sample rate on this thing?

PS: I know that she succeeds in using this interface in the past, because she records successfully in Logic Audio on the Mac with this thing (I'm assuming she records at 96khz all the time? Dunno!). But how to set the sample rate if you don't have the ASIO control panel?

(04-03-2020, 05:25 AM)tfabris Wrote: Anyone know how to set the sample rates on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4?

I've personally got a Scarlett 18i20, and on both Windows and Mac, I've got either the "Focusrite Control" software or the "ASIO Control Panel" software I can run, which let me configure the sample rates on my interface.

However our violinist has a Scarlett 2i4, a different model, and neither of those pieces of software is available on either her Mac system or her Windows system. Going to the Focusrite web site, and picking the 2i4 interface from their selector, it doesn't even give her the option to download either of those pieces of software. It downloads a new USB driver for Windows, which she installed, but neither of those "control panel" softwares were an option for her.

The reason this is a problem is because, tonight when we tried to do our first JamKazam session, she couldn't even get running. Her Scarlett 2i4 interface is currently set to input 96khz and output 48khz. JamKazam didn't like this mismatched sample rate. JamKazam gave an error message to this effect when she plugged the interface into her Windows box, and JamKazam flatly crashed when she plugged the interface into her Macintosh box. We can't find a way to change these settings because her box doesn't run either the "Focusrite Control" software nor the "Focusrite ASIO Control Panel" software. As a result, we couldn't configure the interface in a way that worked for JamKazam, on either her mac or her windows operating system. So we didn't get a session.

Also, she said that in the "Manage" menu of JamKazam, there is an option to open the ASIO control panel for her interface, and when she selected the option, it gave her an error box.

PS: I know that she succeeds in using this interface in the past, because she records successfully in Logic Audio on the Mac with this thing (I'm assuming she records at 96khz all the time? Dunno!). But how to set the sample rate if you don't have the ASIO control panel?
I have a similar problem. JamKazam tells me there is a sample rate mismatch with my Scarlett 2i4 interface.  I'm on a Mac (Catalina 10.15.2) and open the Audio MIDI setup and set the sample rate to 44khz for input and output and JamKazam still gives me the same error.  So I'm stuck.  Not sure where the problem lies.

Other applications (Logic, etc.) work perfectly with this interface though, so I'm thinking it's something on the JamKazam side.

(04-03-2020, 05:25 AM)tfabris Wrote: Anyone know how to set the sample rates on a Focusrite Scarlett 2i4?

I'm also seeing this error.  I don't know why it thinks I'm using this sample rate.

Not sure if this is your issue, but you might check out this post on setting sample rates.
Kevin
Possible that on Mac this might help, I haven't been able to find out if my bandmate has had this work yet or not:

Plug the interface into the macintosh. On the macintosh press swizzlestick+spacebar. This should open a "Spotlight Search" box in the middle of the screen. In that spotlight search box, type "audio MiDi Setup".  If you press enter, it should run this thing. Try setting the sample rate to 44.1 in that box (see screen shot below). Make sure to do it both for the "Input" tab and the "Output" tab.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sad 
My Audio MIDI Setup has the sample rate at 44Hz for both input and output.  I don't know why JamKazam thinks it's mis-matched or 32Hz.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've given up trying to get my Focusrite Scarlett 2i4 to work on Jamkazam. It works great on Cubase. However mine is a first generation and i . In fact I don't think Focusrite makes the Scarlet 2i4 anymore. I did see a post that suggested getting updated drivers from the Focusrite website and not using the ones that came with the audio interface.

The latest driver for mine on a PC says "Fixed an issue that could cause the device and a DAW to run at different sample rates if a user tried to force a sample rate change from Focusrite Control/Scarlett Mix Control/Focusrite Notifier while a DAW session was running."

Aw maybe I'll give it one more shot.

well it worked but not very well. I downloaded the updated driver. They did fix the different sample rates as I never got that message but with 20 ms latency it's not ideal.
(04-07-2020, 08:27 PM)keymholio Wrote: My Audio MIDI Setup has the sample rate at 44Hz for both input and output.  I don't know why JamKazam thinks it's mis-matched or 32Hz.
I had similar issues. Via Audio/MIDI configuration both input and output set at 96000Hz ( Scarlett 2i2). Then it was OK>
Here's a question:

Let's say my violinist wants to use her Scarlett 2i2 for JamKazam. And she can run it on either her macintosh or on her PC, but she prefers to use the PC.

On the PC we can't figure out where to set the sample rates for the Scarlett 2i2. But on the Macintosh we can see that it can be set in the "Audio Midi Setup" application.

If we set the 2i2's sample rates on the Mac, then, unplug it and go plug it into the PC, then, will those sample rates stay set that way?
(04-08-2020, 05:33 PM)tfabris Wrote: Here's a question:

Let's say my violinist wants to use her Scarlett 2i2 for JamKazam. And she can run it on either her macintosh or on her PC, but she prefers to use the PC.

On the PC we can't figure out where to set the sample rates for the Scarlett 2i2. But on the Macintosh we can see that it can be set in the "Audio Midi Setup" application.

If we set the 2i2's sample rates on the Mac, then, unplug it and go plug it into the PC, then, will those sample rates stay set that way?
Did you find the resolution to this issue?
I am having the same issue on MAC.
(04-20-2020, 06:56 PM)Jody Dorrell Wrote:
(04-08-2020, 05:33 PM)tfabris Wrote: Here's a question:

Did you find the resolution to this issue?
I am having the same issue on MAC.

I'm fairly confident that the buffer size and sample rates are set by software/drivers, and the hardware has no permanent memory of those settings.