• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AUDIO EFFECTS FOR VOCAL
(06-16-2020, 10:37 AM)Terri 716 Wrote:
(06-16-2020, 03:38 AM)GDJ Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:45 AM)Terri 716 Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 03:27 AM)GDJ Wrote: I use a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3. They make other awesome vocal harmonizers loaded with vocal effects (Harmonizer Pedeal). Very handy to have with and without JK. The VoiceLive 3/Extreme. I'm a big fan of hardware based processing with JK.

Thanks for information. Will look into it. Appreciated. Smile

Also, Terri. Some folks on the Mac side use their DAW as a front end to JK. This requires some know-how but in theory since the DAW has plenty of effects, the routing back to JK could give you what you need. Personally, I may get around to giving it a second try because my first try resulted in latency between the Apps. Perhaps my MacBook retina doesn't have the horsepower. Others are reporting good results. I figure it's worth mentioning in case you know about this, but have not considered it since DAW have plenty of plugins.
Hi GDJ, I had wondered about that. I've got Logic Pro on board so I might try and figure out how to use it with JK because that would give me all that was needed. Maybe someone who's doing this can shed some light on how to do it. Thanks again for posting.

Terri, here is the active post: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=292
Forgive if you know this or is a repeat.
While in a session
Upper Right: Manage
Audio Settings
Audio Console aka Power Mixer
Bottom of each track, VST
Opens a dialog for loading VST's installed. It will list all, but not all will be functional. Must be 32 bit. A plug-in that is intended as a stand alone likely has better function.
Once it loads and the GUI is available, make adjustments.
In a session under audio inputs listing what is connected to your hardware.
Six icons left to right per device
1. your avatar 2. instrument applied when you did the setup 3. Looks like a scope rendition of a wave, you can adj the VST from here also 4. Pan 5. Connection status.
It can be a bit quirky when traffic is heavy.
It's Wallybeav. Mad Cow loss of conscience dropped the 'y'.
(06-17-2020, 04:01 AM)GDJ Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:45 AM)Terri 716 Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 03:27 AM)GDJ Wrote: I use a TC Helicon VoiceLive 3. They make other awesome vocal harmonizers loaded with vocal effects (Harmonizer Pedeal). Very handy to have with and without JK. The VoiceLive 3/Extreme. I'm a big fan of hardware based processing with JK.

Thanks for information. Will look into it. Appreciated. Smile

Also, Terri. Some folks on the Mac side use their DAW as a front end to JK. This requires some know-how but in theory since the DAW has plenty of effects, the routing back to JK could give you what you need. Personally, I may get around to giving it a second try because my first try resulted in latency between the Apps. Perhaps my MacBook retina doesn't have the horsepower. Others are reporting good results. I figure it's worth mentioning in case you know about this, but have not considered it since DAW have plenty of plugins.
Hi GDJ, I had wondered about that. I've got Logic Pro on board so I might try and figure out how to use it with JK because that would give me all that was needed. Maybe someone who's doing this can shed some light on how to do it. Thanks again for posting.

Terri, here is the active post: https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=292

(10-05-2020, 04:30 AM)Thomas FeferSorry if I missed or misunderstood.  I have a TC Helicon vocal harmonizer.  Can I use this when recording a vocal track in JamKazam? Wrote:
(06-17-2020, 04:01 AM)GDJ Wrote:
(06-15-2020, 06:45 AM)Terri 716 Wrote: Thanks for information. Will look into it. Appreciated. Smile

Hi GDJ,I have the TC Helicon Play Acoustic model but I cannot get it to work through my Focusrite audio interface.  As per normal use, I am plugging my acoustic guitar and mike cables into TC helicon and then connecting those two cables into my Focusrite but without success. Can you help?
Re: TC Helicon & JK--I have the TC Helicon Play Acoustic model. It requires I plug my mic and guitar into the TC unit and then I have tried to run separate mic and guitar cables into my Focusrite Audio Interface...but no luck hearing the harmonies in JK. Can anyone help?
Hi GDJ--I'm glad to hear that you can use TC Helicon with JK.  I have been unable to make it work.  I have the TC Helicon Play Acoustic model and I'm using a Focusrite Audio Interface.  I plug my guitar and mic into TC and then the corresponding cable into Focusrite but I can hear the harmonies and my lead guitarist who I jam with remotely can only hear them faintly.  Any ideas as to why it's not working?
(04-24-2020, 01:59 PM)blandis Wrote: The effects are not included in JamKazam.  But you can add 32-bit VST software effects to your computer, and then in your JamKazam vocal channel, add the effect by pointing JK to its location on your computer's hard drive.  Info on the simple but good free Voxengo OldSkoolReverb (Google to find & download) and how to configure it can be found in this adjacent post (which also covers guitar effects, but scroll thru it):
https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.ph...koolreverb
Hope this helps
Hello blandis,

The Voxengo Oldskoolverb is up and running on my JamKazam account. Thanks for the suggestions. I can not find the control panel for oldskoolverb, so as to control how much or how little reverb comes throuhg, would you be able to point me in the direction of how to locate the control panel?
(08-30-2021, 11:34 PM)Mike7 Wrote: Hello blandis,

The Voxengo Oldskoolverb is up and running on my JamKazam account. Thanks for the suggestions. I can not find the control panel for oldskoolverb, so as to control how much or how little reverb comes throuhg, would you be able to point me in the direction of how to locate the control panel?

>>>
Hi, when in a session the channel controls for the channel you added the FX to (in the left column), will show a 'squiggly' line (in between the 'pan' & the coloured dot). Click on that and choose 'Open' "whatever FX name you added", to show the possible controls.
> Tamacti Jun <