• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
App freezing and cra$ng on Windows 10
Am having similar issue on Win 10, running JK version that has previously worked fine. After creating a private session with friends, but before any friends have joined, it crashes. Yesterday when in session with friend, also on Win 10, he was having crashes but I was not.
(07-02-2021, 01:45 PM)TEG Wrote: Am having similar issue on Win 10, running JK version that has previously worked fine. After creating a private session with friends, but before any friends have joined, it crashes. Yesterday when in session with friend, also on Win 10, he was having crashes but I was not.
Same here.
Last Friday (after the latest update) it went all fine.
For some reason I decided  testing it again tonight and not tomorrow, 15 minutes before our weekly rehearsal session.
Within a minute from loggin in, now the client is crash ing.
What to do now? Tomorrow is our rehearsal.
(07-08-2021, 06:52 PM)B.J. van Hoek Wrote:
(07-02-2021, 01:45 PM)TEG Wrote: Am having similar issue on Win 10, running JK version that has previously worked fine. After creating a private session with friends, but before any friends have joined, it crashes. Yesterday when in session with friend, also on Win 10, he was having crashes but I was not.
Same here.
For some reason I decided  testing it again tonight and not tomorrow, 15 minutes before our weekly rehearsal session.

>>>
Hi B.J., did you file a support request?
> Tamacti Jun <
(07-09-2021, 12:02 PM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(07-08-2021, 06:52 PM)B.J. van Hoek Wrote:
Same here.

>>>
Hi B.J., did you file a support request?
No, as right after my last report I logged in again and all remained stable (I didn't cange a thing).
Today we had our rehearsal and that problem didn't occur, but again (as it always has been the case from our beginning with JK), audiosettings were different from last week.
Here too, we didn't change a thing. Had to balance channels local and remote again.
Lots of distortion on the remote (incoming) channel too.
Sigh.... Huh
I'm having the same problems. I've tried using the app on 2 different Windows 10 machines and it keeps freezing. Only way to kill it is is via the Task Manager.
I'm having the same problem. After the update it crashes within a few minutes each time I run it.

It worked fine before the recent update (I haven't been using JK since May due to a move from one house to another).

I do have a subscription.

I have not requested support.

I'm running Win10 on a 64 bit Lenovo laptop.

I did (I think) file a crash report...not sure if it went anywhere.

It seems clear this problem is due to a bug on the JK side. I hope it gets fixed soon because I've enjoyed using the app, but won't continue paying for a subscription indefinately if it doesn't get fixed soon.
(08-19-2021, 01:55 AM)gionnio Wrote: I'm having the same problem. After the update it crashes within a few minutes each time I run it.

It worked fine before the recent update (I haven't been using JK since May due to a move from one house to another).

I do have a subscription.

I have not requested support.

I'm running Win10 on a 64 bit Lenovo laptop.

I did (I think) file a crash report...not sure if it went anywhere.

It seems clear this problem is due to a bug on the JK side. I hope it gets fixed soon because I've enjoyed using the app, but won't continue paying for a subscription indefinately if it doesn't get fixed soon.

>>>
I do advise you to file/look for support since that is one the advantages of having a payed member$p/account.
https://jamkazam.freshdesk.com/support/home & support@jamkazam.com

This forum is maintained mainly by volunteers helping (new) jammers/each other out with general direction and advise.
The forums are visited by JamKazam dev & support but are not part of the support structure in place for paying customers. To address them please do use the given support means.

Claiming that your "problem is clearly a bug on the JK side" seems a little blunt (albeit possible), since (very) many - also Windows 10 - users enjoy JamKazam on a daily basis.

So far a lot (but not all) of these 'program freezing' issues on Windows have been caused by (audio) device drivers. E.g., not having the correct driver in place for the soundcard/AI configured in JamKazam & 'older' drivers present for hardware that is not (no longer) being used, are known. But, it could be something else completely. Setups, configurations and use cases differ hugely.
> Tamacti Jun <
Thanks Dimitri, that sounds like good advice.

I don't think my subscription level ($9.99 / month) includes support, but I will update the drivers on my laptop.

I have a Win10 desktop I can install it on to see how that goes.

I also have an older version I can install on the laptop; I'll pass on the update prompts as plan B.
Good News!

I used the I/Obit driver updater app to update 2 drivers related to audio, but the app still crashed.

I also had several outdated system and miscellaneous drivers, so I updated everything I could using the free version (the remainder were marked as game-related and required the pro version to update).

About 20 drivers were updated and I was doing them in groups of 5 and restarting occasionally, so I'm not sure which driver was causing JK to crash, but it now works.

Based on my experience I'd recommend updating all of your PC's outdated drivers.

Thanks again to Dimitri for pointing me in the right direction...
(08-20-2021, 12:52 AM)gionnio Wrote: Good News!

I used the I/Obit driver updater app to update 2 drivers related to audio, but the app still crashed.

I also had several outdated system and miscellaneous drivers, so I updated everything I could using the free version (the remainder were marked as game-related and required the pro version to update).

About 20 drivers were updated and I was doing them in groups of 5 and restarting occasionally, so I'm not sure which driver was causing JK to crash, but it now works.

Based on my experience I'd recommend updating all of your PC's outdated drivers.

Thanks again to Dimitri for pointing me in the right direction...

>>>
Fab!
'Welcome back' ;-)
... and happy jammin'

D./
> Tamacti Jun <