• 1 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Audio Grayed Out
(04-11-2020, 03:00 PM)maddis Wrote: [Image: WIK2CAz.png]I'm in a similar situation.  My utility for configuring my router does not seem to allow me a range of ports for forwarding.  So I chose 12000 in JKZ, and then configured my router like this.  Is this correct?

IMHO you do need at least 5 consecutive ports. I assume your router will accept 'ranges'. So use a hyphen to make a range entry. Only UDP is needed. So UDP 12000-12010 entries would suffice.
Thank so much!
[attachment=55 Wrote:Dimitri Muskens pid='934' dateline='1586604154']
(04-11-2020, 12:51 AM)gregthesavage Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:12 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 06:37 AM)gregthesavage Wrote: Hi there, first timer here, trying a session with a friend. I'm greyed out and can't be heard, but I can hear them OK. The system helpfully lets us both know this fact... I'm using a Yamaha MG16XU mixer as my interface to a MacBook Pro cabled directly to a Telstra Smartmodem. Any of the million potential culprits more likely than others?
UDP enabled in router?
Thanks Dimitri. The only mention of UDP in my modem/router manual is in a section on port forwarding, which scares me as it requires me telling it which port (or range of ports) I'd like to use. How on earth would I know?! BTW my Mac is etherneted directly into the cable modem/router.

(04-11-2020, 12:51 AM)gregthesavage Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 11:12 AM)Dimitri Muskens Wrote:
(04-10-2020, 06:37 AM)gregthesavage Wrote: Hi there, first timer here, trying a session with a friend. I'm greyed out and can't be heard, but I can hear them OK. The system helpfully lets us both know this fact... I'm using a Yamaha MG16XU mixer as my interface to a MacBook Pro cabled directly to a Telstra Smartmodem. Any of the million potential culprits more likely than others?
UDP enabled in router?
Thanks Dimitri. The only mention of UDP in my modem/router manual is in a section on port forwarding, which scares me as it requires me telling it which port (or range of ports) I'd like to use. How on earth would I know?! BTW my Mac is etherneted directly into the cable modem/router.
Hmmm, interesting! I've just checked my modem settings again and it's now showing a UDP setting that wasn't there yesterday (see attached). That I didn't explicitly set... Maybe it works now--I'm waiting my friend to come back online to rerun the test session. Probably in an hour or so--just thought I'd put my query on hold there so no-one wastes time responding if the problem's fixed.

Is there a playstation (PS4) in your household? (that would explain UDP 9308)

Port forwarding is not too scary. The app suggest 12000 (-through 12010) a 'save' range. Not too much there in most networks. So forward that range to the dedicated !wired! IP of the machine you're running jkz on.
Then in the 'menage' part of jkz tick the box 'Always use the same UDP ports'. In [Networking -> Configure Port Preferences] You could use/try other portranges, as long as you forward the same ports to your machine that you configure in the app.
There is a PS4, but that IP address is my Mac! Oh, and at times I've noticed UDP values allocated to jkz, but I can't see any pattern for when they appear and disappear! See attached for the other day... Anyway, I'll try what you suggest! Thanks.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Well I was trying to work out how to port forward (my modem interface has a dropdown of "types"--of service?), and I noticed people had joined my test session and could hear me! So it looks like either I wasn't the problem in my past testing, or the problem has fixed itself without me doing anything... Anyway, thanks for advice--I'll try and set a port range if it happens again.
(04-12-2020, 03:39 AM)gregthesavage Wrote: Well I was trying to work out how to port forward (my modem interface has a dropdown of "types"--of service?), and I noticed people had joined my test session and could hear me! So it looks like either I wasn't the problem in my past testing, or the problem has fixed itself without me doing anything... Anyway, thanks for advice--I'll try and set a port range if it happens again.
Greg Good to hear that you can hear them now. 

Dimitri. I set up Port Forwarding. You were right. It wasn't that hard. I'm using 12000 -12010 and entered my Windows 10 computer's IP address 192.168.0.104. I also went into Manage and clicked to always use UDP port 12000. Still can't hear anyone in a session.
Hello All,

I had similar issues till yesterday. I have managed to find a solution for that, and it has nothing to do with your JK or Router setup. 
Might be your Internet provider.

I just posted it in another thread. it worth a check, not too complicated to figure out, if you are in the same shoes as I was.

https://forum.jamkazam.com/showthread.php?tid=395 

Hope it helps.

cheers,
Andras
Hi,

I have 11 ms latency, it usually was enough to play with my musician friends. Now I have a new internet broadband plan from British Telecom in a different city.

My friends profile is visible, but greyed out.

My wired internet works ok, I have about 10 Mbps download speed and 0.6 Mbps upload speed. What do I need to change with my router? I cannot find support so far. I pay the Gold plan now from today, before I was on the Silver plan. Can anyone help me?

Many thanks, Svava
Angry
(04-18-2021, 11:45 AM)Svava Kim Wetzel Wrote: Hi,

I have 11 ms latency, it usually was enough to play with my musician friends. Now I have a new internet broadband plan from British Telecom in a different city.

My friends profile is visible, but greyed out.

My wired internet works ok, I have about 10 Mbps download speed and 0.6 Mbps upload speed. What do I need to change with my router? I cannot find support so far. I pay the Gold plan now from today, before I was on the Silver plan. Can anyone help me?

Many thanks, Svava
Angry

>>>
Apart from the fact that your upload is really marginal.
Can you 'connect' with other jammers? So, have you eliminated the issue being with your friend?
Can you successfully join a public session?

I could test with you later this afternoon/evening if not sorted before then.