• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can only hear one other musician in group
I have a Mackie fx12 v2 board with the built in audioface running into a Macbook air. I can only hear my drummer! He can hear everyone else and they can hear me with the exception of the sax player who sounds like squi$ng water when he plays or talks. Very frustrating! Have spent much time trying to fix this. Did the Port Forwarding thing on my router but did not change anything. Had the same setup last winter and it worked fine with the same folks. Restarted many times, tried different hosts and even uninstalled/reinstalled  software. No change. I have good internet speed and good numbers with latency and jitter. About to drop $10,000 on heating my barn and have live practice! please help I would appreciate it.
(12-08-2020, 05:15 PM)mlynch66 Wrote: I have a Mackie fx12 v2 board with the built in audioface running into a Macbook air. I can only hear my drummer! He can hear everyone else and they can hear me with the exception of the sax player who sounds like squi$ng water when he plays or talks.  Very frustrating! Have spent much time trying to fix this. Did the Port Forwarding thing on my router but did not change anything. Had the same setup last winter and it worked fine with the same folks. Restarted many times, tried different hosts and even uninstalled/reinstalled  software. No change. I have good internet speed and good numbers with latency and jitter. About to drop $10,000 on heating my barn and have live practice! please help I would appreciate it.

>>>
You sure everyone is on a real(!) IPv4 address?? 
So, NO IPv6 and/or IPv4 tunneling through IPv6 (DS-Lite)
(12-08-2020, 05:15 PM)mlynch66 Wrote: I have a Mackie fx12 v2 board with the built in audioface running into a Macbook air. I can only hear my drummer! He can hear everyone else and they can hear me with the exception of the sax player who sounds like squi$ng water when he plays or talks.  Very frustrating! Have spent much time trying to fix this. Did the Port Forwarding thing on my router but did not change anything. Had the same setup last winter and it worked fine with the same folks. Restarted many times, tried different hosts and even uninstalled/reinstalled  software. No change. I have good internet speed and good numbers with latency and jitter. About to drop $10,000 on heating my barn and have live practice! please help I would appreciate it.
I have the same problem on a Windows laptop and Presonus audio box.  I can hear one participant.  He and all of the others can hear me.  I can hear the others faintly.  Rebooted router, laptop, JK client - no change.
(02-21-2021, 01:36 PM)stevekop@hotmail.com Wrote:
I have the same problem on a Windows laptop and Presonus audio box.  I can hear one participant.  He and all of the others can hear me.  I can hear the others faintly.  Rebooted router, laptop, JK client - no change.
What Network Route setting are each of you using, Lowest latency path OR Peer to peer?
(02-21-2021, 09:01 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(02-21-2021, 01:36 PM)stevekop@hotmail.com Wrote: What Network Route setting are each of you using, Lowest latency path OR Peer to peer?
Which do you recommend?
T.W. Day
Minnesota, USA
use the default setting - "lowest latency"

it will attempt peer to peer, but should that fail, it will fall back to ARS
(03-09-2021, 05:40 AM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: use the default setting - "lowest latency"

I believe the use of their ARS is currently disabled. While your connection may still get routed through a nearby ARS server, the chances are that this won't happen unless you're really close to one of them (only about 100 globally last I heard).
(03-11-2021, 01:29 PM)StuartR Wrote:
(03-09-2021, 05:40 AM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: use the default setting - "lowest latency"

I believe the use of their ARS is currently disabled. While your connection may still get routed through a nearby ARS server, the chances are that this won't happen unless you're really close to one of them (only about 100 globally last I heard).
In almost every session I've had in the past week, one or more of the particpants wind up getting connected via ARS rather than the preferred P2P connection route.  There is no control over that, have to reload or leave/rejoin the session to try to get the P2P to stick.  The audio quality and latency from the ARS connection is un-tenable.  I've reached out to Dave Wilson on FB messenger and in the FB JK forum with no response.  Any thoughts?
For me, the situation where one or two players are on ARS while others are on P2P is because those one or two players do not have the quality of service required to hold a P2P link with the rest of the group.

I'm in Oregon, & have a friend in New Mexico, who couldn't keep a connection with me until the ARS network went live. Now we can connect. True, it's not as good as the P2P connection I have with others, but it's OK. In our 3 part group, 2 are connecting as P2P with the 3rd as ARS, and it's working for us (we're playing Folk and Americana, without a drummer)
(03-12-2021, 05:04 PM)Zlartibartfast Wrote: For me, the situation where one or two players are on ARS while others are on P2P is because those one or two players do not have the quality of service required to hold a P2P link with the rest of the group.

I'm in Oregon, & have a friend in New Mexico, who couldn't keep a connection with me until the ARS network went live. Now we can connect. True, it's not as good as the P2P connection I have with others, but it's OK. In our 3 part group, 2 are connecting as P2P with the 3rd as ARS, and it's working for us (we're playing Folk and Americana, without a drummer)
Having a drummer killed our chances of this ever working for us. Our connections stayed P2P since the closest ARS server was in another state but the inter-ISP latency was just too much.