• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Focusrite Scarlett Solo 3rd gen Latency and jitter
I am running the Focusrite solo 3rd gen on Win 10 laptop. Couple questions.

1. Has anyone gotten the Latency under 7.4ms
2. When using a Logitech 920 the input output jitter becomes upwards of 7-8 and occasionally 1.00. 
3. Along with the above, some scratchyness and pops but mostly when the jitter starts to jump around.

I have gone through many many on the videos and settings for the suggested changes to the system and router. None seems to have an effect on the issues.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
(01-11-2021, 09:33 PM)bbirling Wrote: I am running the Focusrite solo 3rd gen on Win 10 laptop. Couple questions.

2. When using a Logitech 920 the input output jitter becomes upwards of 7-8 and occasionally 1.00. 
3. Along with the above, some scratchyness and pops but mostly when the jitter starts to jump around.

I have gone through many many on the videos and settings for the suggested changes to the system and router. None seems to have an effect on the issues.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
Have you run Latencymon and subsequently read the Glitchfree document in order to tune your Windows Platforms to handle real-time audio? You can search the forum for links to each. Please note that out of the box, Windows is not optimized for real-time audio.
If you have done all of this then additionally be sure your home routers are unburdened when you are in JK sessions. Any simultaneous video streaming or online gaming activity will almost always result in lost or delayed UDP audio packets. If your router has QoS you can try configuring it but your best bet is to prevent any other concurrent use. Failing that, purchase a router that's designed to prioritize realtime traffic. One such router is IQrouter.
Thanks for the response. I will check into both documents.

Bruce
(01-12-2021, 01:23 PM)bbirling Wrote: Thanks for the response. I will check into both documents.

Bruce
Report back here on what you find and if you need more help.
(01-11-2021, 09:33 PM)bbirling Wrote: I am running the Focusrite solo 3rd gen on Win 10 laptop. Couple questions.

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
Focusrite work best at 96000 sample rate, and keep the buffer size as low as possible.  I'm running my 1st gen SOLO at 3.2 msec latency.  Adding video can/will impact latency, possibly jitter also.  Use the webcam settings under Manage menu to set video as low a resolution as possible.
Terles,

The 3rd Gen seems to go back to a default of 48000 sample rate and buffer of 96. Webcam is at lowest res possible...

Bruce
Bruce, try unplugging the Logitech webcam. I'm thinking your system might be using the webcam's sample rate of 48kHz (worth a try)

FWIW my practice partner is using a Focusrite gen2 with a Surface (built in camera) @ 48Khz with no issues, except for some times when the camera is active and the session is dropped completely. Most of the time we don't use the video, anyway.
The video is kind of important. Want do do some live streaming. Only 2 musicians. We are 1200 miles apart. Both networks are capable. 100 plus download and 12 plus upload. Maybe just need to add a new computer to the stable, with more horsepower.

Bruce
(01-16-2021, 10:15 PM)Terles Wrote:

Thanks for the help.

Bruce
Focusrite work best at 96000 sample rate, and keep the buffer size as low as possible.  I'm running my 1st gen SOLO at 3.2 msec latency.  Adding video can/will impact latency, possibly jitter also.  Use the webcam settings under Manage menu to set video as low a resolution as possible.

Terles -

What buffer size are you using with the 96000 sample rate that gets your solo down to 3.2 ms?

TIA

Ellis
(01-17-2021, 01:19 AM)bbirling Wrote: Terles,

The 3rd Gen  seems to go back to a default of  48000 sample rate and buffer of 96. Webcam is at lowest res possible...

Bruce

I have the same issue with my 3rd gen Focusrite Scarlet. I tried increasing to the 96000 sample rate, but it immediately gets reset to 48000. I don't use the webcam, so that can't be the cause.

Were you able to overcome this ?