• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Ran out of time on silver plan due to leaving session running
Couple problems:  First and foremost, I can't open a support ticket for something like a refund or other plan related issue?  "The functionality on this page is disabled because you must either be in trial, or have a Platinum or Gold plan to use support.You can [color=rgba(var(--sk_highlight_hover,11,76,140),1)]change your plan[/color] here.""

I am unable to host a session on a silver plan.  The JK client says, "Out of time for the month.   There is no more session time left for this month. You can upgrade your plan."

Yet the website says, "monthly play time remaining: You have 19 hours, 46 minutes, 59 seconds time remaining this month."
(01-14-2021, 12:12 AM)srandrews Wrote: Couple problems:  First and foremost, I can't open a support ticket for something like a refund or other plan related issue?  "The functionality on this page is disabled because you must either be in trial, or have a Platinum or Gold plan to use support.You can [color=rgba(var(--sk_highlight_hover,11,76,140),1)]change your plan[/color] here.""

I am unable to host a session on a silver plan.  The JK client says, "Out of time for the month.   There is no more session time left for this month. You can upgrade your plan."

Yet the website says, "monthly play time remaining: You have 19 hours, 46 minutes, 59 seconds time remaining this month."

So my customer experience is:  I am unable to get support for having paid for a subscription that does not work.  Quite the conundrum.

Anyone have any clue on how to get the increasingly bad UX back to where it was when I was riding for free?  Basically JK has been getting worse over time and now it just doesn't work (and I know what I'm doing).
Have you tried reaching out to them at: support@JamKazam.com ?
Ok, the JK crew straightened me out: I had left a session open and running in a bid to ensure that the session recordings got uploaded. So I ran out the monthly timer, not having realized it is coupled to 'session start' and 'end' time. My bandmates dropped off, but I just left it running like a numbskull.
(01-14-2021, 09:07 PM)srandrews Wrote: Ok, the JK crew straightened me out:  I had left a session open and running in a bid to ensure that the session recordings got uploaded.  So I ran out the monthly timer, not having realized it is coupled to 'session start' and 'end' time.  My bandmates dropped off, but I just left it running like a numbskull.

This is a scenario i hope they take into consideration. Maybe I will email the about it, as well as another related question. Because my feeling is, the subscription timer should count when ONLY in a session. We are encouraged to leave the app running after the session to render the recording - why should this count against your time. Many folks leave the app running anyway, just waiting for Friends, to jump into a session.

Which goes to my own question, is subscription time counted in a Private session when it is only yourself?
Probably solvable by a session timeout. Easy to do - if no information is packetized after X minutes, end session. Or let people dial in a session length - that would help with billing period budgeting.
I'm having problems with my Silver subscription.
The remaining time has reduced far, far more than the time I was on-line.
But when I joined it was already down from 10 hours to about 7hrs 30mins.
Then I had a practice session with just 1 friend and it reduced to about 2hrs 30mins.
I thought you had to play with 2 or more people to use up your monthly limit.
Chris
(01-20-2021, 07:50 PM)lyoncats Wrote: I'm having problems with my Silver subscription.
The remaining time has reduced far, far more than the time I was on-line.
But when I joined it was already down from 10 hours to about 7hrs 30mins.
Then I had a practice session with just 1 friend and it reduced to about 2hrs 30mins.
I thought you had to play with 2 or more people to use up your monthly limit.
Chris
Once you're in a session with any other members your session countdown decrements. At least that's what I'm seeing.